Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,164,992 members, 7,859,558 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 02:43 PM

Am I Wrong To Have This Viewpoint? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Am I Wrong To Have This Viewpoint? (761 Views)

Mass Retrenchment In My Place Of Work; Am I Safe? / I Resigned After Receiving My Salary: Help, Am I In Trouble? / Am I The One Killing My Boss Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am I Wrong To Have This Viewpoint? by Nobody: 11:01pm On Jun 13, 2016
Woman A gets cancer.

She tells everyone, and I mean everyone...
All her friends and family. She tells everyone in her church, she tells her new neighbours who moved in, she tells literally everyone. Even when she was trying to sell her house, she told her estate agency.

Is it the best?

I can come across as stubborn as I always think I know best, but is this (my) viewpoint not better?
In a situation like this, you only tell your true family members e.g. siblings and very close friends.

You don't know who is who, who is secretly rejoicing. I also don't like the idea of people pitying woman A and her family, and having so much access to their personal life - woman A family is an open book.

Or am I wrong?

I just feel that the way she went about this is not the best, why should she tell everyone? NO it is not nothing to be ashamed about and it is not a secret, but it is good for in situations like this just tell close family and close friends, I don't like the family to become a pity party or open book.

The people she have told have all been so supportive, cooking/helping/praying/giving her lots and lots of money - but I just feel it degrades her and she has now become a charity case.

Or am I wrong? Please I am young and willing to take correction.

If a girl goes to a night vigil someone will think that is good, but if woman A daughter goes to night vigil people will look at her like "aw poor girl she is going to prayer for her mother" they now will just associate this family with sickness and pity.

Or am I wrong?
Re: Am I Wrong To Have This Viewpoint? by Immatex(m): 12:13am On Jun 14, 2016
You are so right. I share your thoughts on this.

Telling God would make a world of difference than telling humans
Re: Am I Wrong To Have This Viewpoint? by Nobody: 8:39pm On Jun 14, 2016
Obiageli1993:
Woman A gets cancer.

All her friends and family. She tells everyone in her church, she tells her new neighbours who moved in, she tells literally everyone. Even when she was trying to sell her house, she told her estate agency.

Is it the best?

I can come across as stubborn as I always think I know best, but is this (my) viewpoint not better?
In a situation like this, you only tell your true family members e.g. siblings and very close friends.

You don't know who is who, who is secretly rejoicing. I also don't like the idea of people pitying woman A and her family, and having so much access to their personal life - woman A family is an open book.

Or am I wrong?

I just feel that the way she went about this is not the best, why should she tell everyone? NO it is not nothing to be ashamed about and it is not a secret, but it is good for in situations like this just tell close family and close friends, I don't like the family to become a pity party or open book.

The people she have told have all been so supportive, cooking/helping/praying/giving her lots and lots of money - but I just feel it degrades her and she has now become a charity case.

If a girl goes to a night vigil someone will think that is good, but if woman A daughter goes to night vigil people will look at her like "aw poor girl she is going to prayer for her mother" they now will just associate this family with sickness and pity.

Or am I wrong?
We are both the same in ideology,not everything need to be told to generate pity or compassion.it does noting but degrades the worth of an individual.
This has always been my philosophy
Re: Am I Wrong To Have This Viewpoint? by lordhugo(m): 5:17pm On Jul 05, 2016
God will heal your mum
Re: Am I Wrong To Have This Viewpoint? by bignero: 9:44pm On Jul 05, 2016
Obiageli1993:
Woman A gets cancer.

Is it the best?

Or am I wrong?

Or am I wrong?

you are not wrong dear

infact the pity party isnt good for her as they just create an express way for her death...self pity , depression kills like deadly deseases.

she doesnt even need to die but the pity party will only assure her of death

u get her to a FAITH CHURCH....many have been cured of such diseases ...yes am serious she deosnt need to lose hope, take her to the closest winners chapel or christ embassy

(1) (Reply)

Am Confused - Geology Or Information Technology / You Want To Build A Career In Web Design And Development? / Meet The Boy Who Scored 93% To Top SPAK Science Competition Exam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.