Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,397 members, 7,815,867 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:45 PM

Goverment Please Open Our Borders - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Goverment Please Open Our Borders (1019 Views)

Customs Removes Rice From Import Restriction List At Land Borders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Goverment Please Open Our Borders by Empredboy(m): 4:59pm On Jun 14, 2016
The way this ban on importation of rice is going on in this country i hope it won't end
up like
frozen chicken paparazzi. Since obasanjo banned importation of frozen chicken we are
yet to see made in nigeria frozen chicken. Naija which way.
I think goverment should open up the borders to allow various kind of food to come in cos nigeria do not have enough food to take Care of her ever growing population.
People may argue that importing food will affect our currency and also kill the local market.
My response to such statement is that we don't have local market in the First place cos the rice in kebbi state, lagos state have not even taken off also the ofada and abakiliki have never been in recognition in the market. Infact a little survey done on these local rice shows that our youth especially the city youth don't know much about ofada and abakiliki but are quick to recognise aroso or argric.

(1) (Reply)

Yuck! Will You Eat This? (PHOTO) / How To Prepare Adalu/beans And Corn Porridge / Frozen Chicken Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.