Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,990 members, 7,806,879 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:02 AM

Help! Breathing Problem - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Help! Breathing Problem (948 Views)

Benefits Of Deep Breathing For Your Health / Am Having Difficulty In Breathing At Night While Lying Down. / We Are Breathing Life Into Ebonyi State Health Sector (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! Breathing Problem by ugopeter(m): 8:59pm On Jun 20, 2016
Good Evening Nairalanders, am a Student in my mid-twenties and for the past 5 days or so, I have been experiencing difficulty in breathing properly. Breathing in and out is now a big issue for me and I find myself grasping for breathe. I visited my school health-center and was told to do a chest xray which is slated for Friday. Let me also add that I am not asthmatic. To the Medical practitioners in the house, what do you think is the cause and why am I experiencing this difficulty?

@MODs Kindly help put this on the frontpage. Its really urgent.
Re: Help! Breathing Problem by Alexk2(m): 9:04pm On Jun 20, 2016
I'm glad you've been to the school clinic already before opening this thread. If possible, visit a teaching hospital too before that Friday.
Btw., I'm not a medical practitioner..it is well with U
Re: Help! Breathing Problem by finalboss1(m): 9:09pm On Jun 20, 2016
Breathlessness is when you experience
shortness of breath and difficulty breathing.
The medical term is dyspnoea. It may come
on suddenly (acute) or gradually over a
period of time (chronic). The reason for
breathlessness is that the body needs more
oxygen than it is getting. So you breathe
faster to try to increase the flow of oxygen-
rich air into the lungs. From the lungs,
oxygen gets into the bloodstream and is
pumped round the body by the heart. ugopeter ... ansa this questions ... Do you feel ill? Do you have a fever,
weight loss or a cough? Do you have
any pain in your chest? and do you smoke ?
Re: Help! Breathing Problem by ugopeter(m): 9:12pm On Jun 20, 2016
Alexk2:
I'm glad you've been to the school clinic already before opening this thread. If possible, visit a teaching hospital too before that Friday.
Btw., I'm not a medical practitioner..it is well with U

Really appreciate Sir. The chest xray is at a teaching hospital. OAUTHC, ile-ife to be exact.

1 Like

Re: Help! Breathing Problem by ugopeter(m): 9:13pm On Jun 20, 2016
finalboss1:
Breathlessness is when you experience shortness of breath and difficulty breathing. The medical term is dyspnoea. It may come on suddenly (acute) or gradually over a period of time (chronic). The reason for breathlessness is that the body needs more oxygen than it is getting. So you breathe faster to try to increase the flow of oxygen- rich air into the lungs. From the lungs, oxygen gets into the bloodstream and is pumped round the body by the heart. ugopeter ... you smoke ?

I have NEVER lit a cigarette in my life.
Re: Help! Breathing Problem by finalboss1(m): 9:19pm On Jun 20, 2016
ugopeter:

I have NEVER lit a cigarette in my life.
Did it start suddenly or develop over
time? Did anything trigger it?
Re: Help! Breathing Problem by ugopeter(m): 9:27pm On Jun 20, 2016
finalboss1:
Did it start suddenly or develop over time? Did anything trigger it?

It just started suddenly on Friday. At least, that was when I noticed it
Re: Help! Breathing Problem by hisgrace090: 10:03pm On Jun 20, 2016
Pray its not what they call sinusitis or rhynities because that one have no cure.
Re: Help! Breathing Problem by ugopeter(m): 10:09pm On Jun 20, 2016
hisgrace090:
Pray its not what they call sinusitis or rhynities because that one have no cure.

God forbid its either of them
Re: Help! Breathing Problem by Joygalore(f): 10:40pm On Jun 20, 2016
shocked
hisgrace090:
Re: Help! Breathing Problem by Sirpc(m): 6:37am On Aug 31, 2020
ugopeter:
Good Evening Nairalanders, am a Student in my mid-twenties and for the past 5 days or so, I have been experiencing difficulty in breathing properly. Breathing in and out is now a big issue for me and I find myself grasping for breathe. I visited my school health-center and was told to do a chest xray which is slated for Friday. Let me also add that I am not asthmatic. To the Medical practitioners in the house, what do you think is the cause and why am I experiencing this difficulty?

@MODs Kindly help put this on the frontpage. Its really urgent.

Any update about this ur difficulty breathing?

(1) (Reply)

Tips For Healthy Eating / Natural Ways To Control Hypertension / Can Alkaline Diet Reverse And Prevent Diseases ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.