Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,749 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:04 AM

Javascript: The Best Best Materials To Learn It With. - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Javascript: The Best Best Materials To Learn It With. (2852 Views)

What Is Programming And Why Should I Learn It? / Simple, Rich & Fast Approach To Learning Javascript. Whatsapp Group Inclusive / Website Development Training.. Learn It The Right Way (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Javascript: The Best Best Materials To Learn It With. by flexispy: 11:56am On Jul 06, 2016
Javascript one of most popular programming lanugage, the powerful but sometimes confusing programming language. A lot of people learn this language but never really understand how it works, most of them blame the language when they run into errors and bugs.

I just want to share with you all the best materials I've used regarding JavaScript(in my opinion).

1. JavaScript Understanding the weird parts - by Antony alicea
This is a video tutorial course on udemy.com

2. You don't know is (YDKJS) - by Kyle Simpson
A six part e-book

Book materials have high ratings and great reviews. They aren't free but you all know where to get them but only for educational purposes. Try to support them if you can.

Good luck and happy coding your way to the top.
Re: Javascript: The Best Best Materials To Learn It With. by alex81(m): 12:02pm On Jul 06, 2016
will appreciate links to download dz books. tnks
Re: Javascript: The Best Best Materials To Learn It With. by flexispy: 12:16pm On Jul 06, 2016
alex81:
will appreciate links to download dz books. tnks
Search torrent sites preferably 'Kat.cr'
Re: Javascript: The Best Best Materials To Learn It With. by alex81(m): 12:18pm On Jul 06, 2016
flexispy:
Search torrent sites preferably 'Kat.cr'

k tnx
Re: Javascript: The Best Best Materials To Learn It With. by Karleb(m): 12:39pm On Jul 06, 2016
You can also try A smarter way to learn JavaScript by Mark Mayers

If you new to JavaScript don't you ever touch Eloquent JavaScript, that book is just too crazy.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Javascript: The Best Best Materials To Learn It With. by flexispy: 1:39pm On Jul 06, 2016
Karleb:

If you new to JavaScript don't you ever touch Eloquent JavaScript, that book is just too crazy.
A lot of people complain about eloquent JavaScript that it made them hate js.
Re: Javascript: The Best Best Materials To Learn It With. by Nobody: 2:13pm On Jul 06, 2016
I learnt JS with Eloquent JavaScript. Best programming book I've read. It's tough, but if you go through the examples in each section thoroughly and at a slow pace, it would really improve your programming mindset.

3 Likes

Re: Javascript: The Best Best Materials To Learn It With. by badthinds: 2:33pm On Jul 06, 2016
sonOfLucifer:
I learnt JS with Eloquent JavaScript. Best programming book I've read. It's tough, but if you go through the examples in each section thoroughly and at a slow pace, it would really improve your programming mindset.
Eloquent JavaScript is the bomb!...I loved it
Re: Javascript: The Best Best Materials To Learn It With. by flexispy: 2:56pm On Jul 06, 2016
sonOfLucifer:
Eloquent is a great book, but for beginners it can be tough that's why I'm recommending these materials of all the js materials I've used.
Re: Javascript: The Best Best Materials To Learn It With. by badthinds: 5:18pm On Jul 06, 2016
Though I hav'nt used all those materials youve mentioned BUT I can strongly recommend JavaScript by Pollock. Trust me... after using any of he's books, you'll search Even witchcraft internet to get another! grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Javascript: The Best Best Materials To Learn It With. by Karleb(m): 7:43pm On Jul 06, 2016
badthinds:
Though I hav'nt used all those materials youve mentioned BUT I can strongly recommend JavaScript by Pollock. Trust me... after using any of he's books, you'll search Even witchcraft internet to get another! grin

Hehehehe nice suggestion.

I'm downloading this/these.

1 Like

Re: Javascript: The Best Best Materials To Learn It With. by DabFrankNG: 3:44pm On Jul 07, 2016
What do you mean by torrent sites? pls drop the URL of sites where we can get them. I found the language not very easy. I will appreciate explanatory books.
Re: Javascript: The Best Best Materials To Learn It With. by badthinds: 6:29pm On Jul 07, 2016
DabFrankNG:
What do you mean by torrent sites? pls drop the URL of sites where we can get them. I found the language not very easy. I will appreciate explanatory books.
Google 'JavaScript by John Pollock' it perfect for beginners... I guess
Re: Javascript: The Best Best Materials To Learn It With. by flexispy: 7:50pm On Jul 07, 2016
DabFrankNG:
Goto 'kat.cr' and then search and download any of the named materials. I don't know if nl allows posting of torrwnt links.

1 Like

Re: Javascript: The Best Best Materials To Learn It With. by Booyakasha(f): 1:37pm On Jul 08, 2016
flexispy:
Javascript one of most popular programming lanugage, the powerful but sometimes confusing programming language. A lot of people learn this language but never really understand how it works, most of them blame the language when they run into errors and bugs.

I just want to share with you all the best materials I've used regarding JavaScript(in my opinion).

1. JavaScript Understanding the weird parts - by Antony alicea
This is a video tutorial course on udemy.com

2. You don't know is (YDKJS) - by Kyle Simpson
A six part e-book

Book materials have high ratings and great reviews. They aren't free but you all know where to get them but only for educational purposes. Try to support them if you can.

Good luck and happy coding your way to the top.

Javascript the weird parts really helped me in understanding some cool/hidden concepts in Javascript
Re: Javascript: The Best Best Materials To Learn It With. by goomatyila(m): 4:13pm On Jul 08, 2016
<b>Best Books </b> that helped me learn after formal qualification.

Re: Javascript: The Best Best Materials To Learn It With. by Cutehector(m): 7:33pm On Jul 08, 2016
Karleb:

Hehehehe nice suggestion.

I'm downloading this/these.
bro goodevening, watsup?
Re: Javascript: The Best Best Materials To Learn It With. by Karleb(m): 10:01pm On Jul 08, 2016
Cutehector:
bro goodevening, watsup?
I'm good boss! How has been your day?
Re: Javascript: The Best Best Materials To Learn It With. by Cutehector(m): 10:06pm On Jul 08, 2016
Karleb:

I'm good boss! How has been your day?
fyn fyn mehn. We thank God.

My brother I want to solicit for your support and vote for the contestant I am rooting for in this ongoing mr nairaland contest. I'd be so grateful for your vote which will go a very long way in crowning him mr nairaland

His name is falconey.

Thanks bro
Re: Javascript: The Best Best Materials To Learn It With. by Karleb(m): 10:15pm On Jul 08, 2016
Cutehector:
fyn fyn mehn. We thank God.

My brother I want to solicit for your support and vote for the contestant I am rooting for in this ongoing mr nairaland contest. I'd be so grateful for your vote which will go a very long way in crowning him mr nairaland

His name is falconey.

Thanks bro

If that's it, then no problem.
Re: Javascript: The Best Best Materials To Learn It With. by Cutehector(m): 10:16pm On Jul 08, 2016
Karleb:

If that's it, then no problem.

alright, i"l follow u ryt away so as soon as the voting starts, i"l be able to foward u d link. Thanks
Re: Javascript: The Best Best Materials To Learn It With. by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jun 15, 2021
Karleb:

Karleb. Frustration brought me here. Please any other recommendation?

I have read three chapters off this particular book four good times but I still don't have a hang of it.
Re: Javascript: The Best Best Materials To Learn It With. by Karleb(m): 1:15pm On Jun 15, 2021
SageX1444:
Karleb. Frustration brought me here. Please any other recommendation?

I have read three chapters off this particular book four good times but I still don't have a hang of it.

grin

Just calm down.

You try searching for Javascript for dummies.
Re: Javascript: The Best Best Materials To Learn It With. by Nobody: 2:04pm On Jun 15, 2021
Karleb:

Wow this comment was made 5 years ago; that was before the 3rd edition of Eloquent JavaScript.
Do you still think it’s too much for a beginner?
Cause I’m in chapter 4 (objects and arrays) and I want to know where the craziness starts grin
I also have YDKJS but that would take forever to finish.
Re: Javascript: The Best Best Materials To Learn It With. by Karleb(m): 4:04pm On Jun 15, 2021
Rgade:

Wow this comment was made 5 years ago; that was before the 3rd edition of Eloquent JavaScript.
Do you still think it’s too much for a beginner?
Cause I’m in chapter 4 (objects and arrays) and I want to know where the craziness starts grin
I also have YDKJS but that would take forever to finish.

I no even sure say I Sabi Javascript again! sad

One thing with books and documentations is, you don't have to read it cover to cover to gain from it.

I once saw this js game development video by Ania Kubor, she built like 7 games with Javascript. I gained a lot from that video because it was practical.

1 Like

Re: Javascript: The Best Best Materials To Learn It With. by Tunde835(m): 10:11pm On Jun 15, 2021
Download Google grasshopper for Javascript on Android from playstore . It's really useful
Re: Javascript: The Best Best Materials To Learn It With. by Akwamkpuruamu: 7:58pm On Jun 16, 2021
Tunde835:
Download Google grasshopper for Javascript on Android from playstore . It's really useful

What can it help me do
Re: Javascript: The Best Best Materials To Learn It With. by Tunde835(m): 10:35pm On Jun 16, 2021
Akwamkpuruamu:

What can it help me do
Learn javascript

(1) (Reply)

Young NL Programmer Creates His First Game / Programmers Are Good In Mathematics / Python Or Php Which One Should I Learn First

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.