Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,989 members, 7,817,911 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:40 PM

Need Guidelines. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Need Guidelines. (444 Views)

Help With Guidelines On Boarding A Plane From Lagos To Benin City ? / Guidelines For PTDF, Commonwealth, Chevening & Other Scholars Heading To The UK / . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Need Guidelines. by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jul 09, 2016
Hello everyone

I'd like someone with a good experience to give me a very reasonable answer to this , it's about having stamps on ma intl passport prior to main applications with some embassies, it's regarded that you first visit some countries before applying to them as they would want to check for some form of security. Now amongst this nations I choose to begin with Benin Republic, then maybe Cameroon or Ghana, but I want to be sure of this, are there any amount of money I pay at the borders, for them to have it stamped? Some fella here said most cases they charge, I'm wondering what they'd charge for.

No insults, just making sure I don't get scammed. #1000 Naira is a lot of money these days grin
Re: Need Guidelines. by worry359(m): 12:44pm On Jul 09, 2016
gimakon:
Hello everyone

I'd like someone with a good experience to give me a very reasonable answer to this , it's about having stamps on ma intl passport prior to main applications with some embassies, it's regarded that you first visit some countries before applying to them as they would want to check for some form of security. Now amongst this nations I choose to begin with Benin Republic, then maybe Cameroon or Ghana, but I want to be sure of this, are there any amount of money I pay at the borders, for them to have it stamped? Some fella here said most cases they charge, I'm wondering what they'd charge for.
No insults, just making sure I don't get scammed. #1000 Naira is a lot of money these days grin

UK. and USA. visa officials are not impressed with quick visits to other African countries to disvirgin a passport.
You will be wasting money.

You must show strong proof that you will return home
and show finances sufficient to cover your trip and to return home to.

What you must not do is pay anyone for fake stamps.
That leads to very big problems in the future.
Re: Need Guidelines. by Nobody: 12:52pm On Jul 09, 2016
worry359:

UK. and USA. visa officials are not impressed with quick visits to other African countries to disvirgin a passport.
You will be wasting money.

You must show strong proof that you will return home
and show finances sufficient to cover your trip and to return home to.

What you must not do is pay anyone for fake stamps.
That leads to very big problems in the future.

Fortunately, I'm not paying for fake stamps on real passport. I know the drill for that part, been there, done that kind of thing grin

Thing is, I stay in lagos,and Benin Republic is almost like 2 hours drive from where I stay.

Now I understand this part, I run ma own small software dev business / Real Estate business here, so I can write my own letter of introduction with my letter head letting them know who I am... don't you think so?

Now I'm not applying for US and UK now, as I have other nations at heart. Ba what I wonna know is, starting with this cotonou, could I be asked for money for something like that ? Just making sure.

(1) (Reply)

A Checklist For Business Travellers In Nigeria / Study Abroad Opportunities / Photos: Petrol Tanker Explodes On Lagos-ibadan Expressway, Four Confirmed Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.