Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,892 members, 7,802,875 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:30 AM

Ambitious Programmers Lets Talk - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Ambitious Programmers Lets Talk (4551 Views)

All Port Harcourt Based Programmers Lets Meet Here.... / Programmers Lets Have Some Fun..., For Intelligent Peeps Please / Lets Talk About How You Can Manage Multiple Email Accounts Via Thunderbird (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ambitious Programmers Lets Talk by Nobody: 8:10am On Jul 24, 2016
ok guys here is what up, almost every day day i open business insider website, go to tech category, there is always a new successful startup, here in nigeria all you get to see is some mediocre business startups that has no future.
maybe this sounds harsh, but thats just the Bleep*** truth, we all are acting like Pus**s,its like know one is thinking outside the box, no one wants to grind, trust me i have see guys with so much skill and passion that i ask my self, what is so special about this other successful programmers, but then i realized something, this guys embraced the grind they didn't try to run from it, that is just the opposite of what we do. i have always fantasized about creating a silicon valley like in Nigeria and i know there are people who share this same dream, but we seem to fear this dream because of the critics we get anytime we talk about it, now you know what? i dont even care anymore, i am ready to do anything even if its moving to another city to meet people who share this dream. if you are ready to pass through the eye of a needle for your dreams if you are ready to change the world, am not talking about money here, if all you care about is money then this thread is not for you, however if you are burning with passion for a change, if you are tired of complaining about everything if you are ready to embrace the grind then lets talk for real.

2 Likes

Re: Ambitious Programmers Lets Talk by Olyboy16(m): 8:40am On Jul 24, 2016
okay so you've succedded in getting me interested....
well i happen to be a hardcore programmer who has a big passion for new coding grounds, scientific research coding, use of multiple languages, and working in areas and depths of software development where most programmers have no clue what happens, and many more.

lets talk!
Re: Ambitious Programmers Lets Talk by Nobody: 1:40pm On Jul 24, 2016
Olyboy16:
okay so you've succedded in getting me interested....
well i happen to be a hardcore programmer who has a big passion for new coding grounds, scientific research coding, use of multiple languages, and working in areas and depths of software development where most programmers have no clue what happens, and many more.

lets talk!

smiley smileywow just the kind of guy am looking to meet i just want to be a part of a team that is ready to take on the world,guys with mad skills and crazy ambitions not guys that make a million dollars and start feeling like demigods, you know, i noticed one thing with american tech market, everybody knows everybody they have a united market and this goes beyond tech in fact their entire market is like that and it seems china discovered this and moved rapidly, now even america is afraid of them. the dream is to penetrate the global market, crazy right? that is why its not a one man's mission, i want us to create a tech company, that would branch out to other filed,a company that would unit the African market. we can start from the smallest things i already have some strategies and ideas on how to go about this but like i said, its not a one man's mission, what do you think
Re: Ambitious Programmers Lets Talk by Nobody: 2:50pm On Jul 24, 2016
ooh and i kinda like ya blog

ooh and i have an eye for internet of things i think it gon be big though
Re: Ambitious Programmers Lets Talk by Olyboy16(m): 3:24pm On Jul 24, 2016
oloyolo:

smiley smileywow just the kind of guy am looking to meet i just want to be a part of a team that is ready to take on the world,guys with mad skills and crazy ambitions not guys that make a million dollars and start feeling like demigods, you know, i noticed one thing with american tech market, everybody knows everybody they have a united market and this goes beyond tech in fact their entire market is like that and it seems china discovered this and moved rapidly, now even america is afraid of them. the dream is to penetrate the global market, crazy right? that is why its not a one man's mission, i want us to create a tech company, that would branch out to other filed,a company that would unit the African market. we can start from the smallest things i already have some strategies and ideas on how to go about this but like i said, its not a one man's mission, what do you think

i'm a matyr of innovation, and logically, i believe nobody should ever develop anything that doesnt solve a problem nor add value to the human life. with that in view, a lot of nigerian coders are business people, and very good ones at that. infact diving into programming for the average nigerian/african is a means of surviving not exploring nor changing the world.
you cant blame them you know, i salute most of these guys...even under the poorest programming environments- no light, no water, no money, theives everywhere. our geeks still manage to make a living out of the little codes they can write. give an average nigerian programmer UK conditions, he will create the next big thing!
so what am i driving at...everyone is creative, but not everyone has the resources. please clear that notion on your mind sire. bad conditions sometimes boils out creativity from pple and makes them just go with watever brings in the money.

away from that.... we part are the few opportuned, it means we cant just create things because we wana be different, we should think and create things because the whole millions of the rest depends on us.
so if you say we should create a tech company, I'm in love with the idea...cool. but i suggest we start with a product, or a suite of products and keep things REALISTIC. I'm a reseaecher, my ideas are usually on a scientific and engineering level. hopefully with you and many others to come we can develop real world ideas.

so to answer your question, it think you have an amazing idea that i would love to be a part of anytime.

1 Like

Re: Ambitious Programmers Lets Talk by Olyboy16(m): 3:28pm On Jul 24, 2016
oloyolo:
ooh and i kinda like ya blog

ooh and i have an eye for internet of things i think it gon be big though
smiley thanks sire, been having a hard time updating the blog though, lots of work to do these days.
Re: Ambitious Programmers Lets Talk by Folzye(m): 4:38pm On Jul 24, 2016
oloyolo:
ok guys here is what up, almost every day day i open business insider website, go to tech category, there is always a new successful startup, here in nigeria all you get to see is some mediocre business startups that has no future.
maybe this sounds harsh, but thats just the Bleep*** truth, we all are acting like Pus**s,its like know one is thinking outside the box, no one wants to grind, trust me i have see guys with so much skill and passion that i ask my self, what is so special about this other successful programmers, but then i realized something, this guys embraced the grind they didn't try to run from it, that is just the opposite of what we do. i have always fantasized about creating a silicon valley like in Nigeria and i know there are people who share this same dream, but we seem to fear this dream because of the critics we get anytime we talk about it, now you know what? i dont even care anymore, i am ready to do anything even if its moving to another city to meet people who share this dream. if you are ready to pass through the eye of a needle for your dreams if you are ready to change the world, am not talking about money here, if all you care about is money then this thread is not for you, however if you are burning with passion for a change, if you are tired of complaining about everything if you are ready to embrace the grind then lets talk for real.

I like your spirit, with determination and passion we can achieve anything we dream of..the challenges i am facing as a person is power supply and constant internet source with a determined set of guys to work with...programming is more fun if those 3 criteria(s) can be met
Re: Ambitious Programmers Lets Talk by Nobody: 7:26pm On Jul 24, 2016
Olyboy16:

i'm a matyr of innovation, and logically, i believe nobody should ever develop anything that doesnt solve a problem nor add value to the human life. with that in view, a lot of nigerian coders are business people, and very good ones at that. infact diving into programming for the average nigerian/african is a means of surviving not exploring nor changing the world.
you cant blame them you know, i salute most of these guys...even under the poorest programming environments- no light, no water, no money, theives everywhere. our geeks still manage to make a living out of the little codes they can write. give an average nigerian programmer UK conditions, he will create the next big thing!
so what am i driving at...everyone is creative, but not everyone has the resources. please clear that notion on your mind sire. bad conditions sometimes boils out creativity from pple and makes them just go with watever brings in the money.

away from that.... we part are the few opportuned, it means we cant just create things because we wana be different, we should think and create things because the whole millions of the rest depends on us.
so if you say we should create a tech company, I'm in love with the idea...cool. but i suggest we start with a product, or a suite of products and keep things REALISTIC. I'm a reseaecher, my ideas are usually on a scientific and engineering level. hopefully with you and many others to come we can develop real world ideas.

so to answer your question, it think you have an amazing idea that i would love to be a part of anytime.
cheesy cheesy cheesy yea exactly what i was thinking, grin come on i hope you didn't think i was talking of building a rocket for a start grin man am talking of starting with very little products that solves some of the problems in the market, and move to bigger problems like the ones you mentioned, you know like they say, Rome wasn't built in a day

1 Like

Re: Ambitious Programmers Lets Talk by Nobody: 7:34pm On Jul 24, 2016
Folzye:

I like your spirit, with determination and passion we can achieve anything we dream of..the challenges i am facing as a person is power supply and constant internet source with a determined set of guys to work with...programming is more fun if those 3 criteria(s) can be met

smiley cheesy thank GOD, i always knew there were people that dream with me
well i see this problems you mentioned as a void in African market that needs to be filled, this things wont fix em self, some one has to fix them and it all starts with a dream hommie cheesy a dream
Re: Ambitious Programmers Lets Talk by AzetaSunday(m): 1:49pm On Jul 25, 2016
okay, from the post i can feel the passion already and am a guy who believes that passion takes talent to the Next level

So here is the catch am not a programmer, I'm a digital marketer (yeah yeah i know, they are every where right?)
but am a digital marketer focused on growth, and for the past 8 months i've been studying the growth models of companies
like AIRBNB.com Buffer.com Facebook and so many others, i can say i now kniow why most Nigerian start ups fail.

i like creative people and people with skills and Ideas,

i am currently working on a growth model for a startup that is really missing in africa.
am open for any project, as well as i need programmers for my startup.

P.S. "YOU DON'T SELL WHAT YOU CAN MAKE, YOU MAKE WHAT YOU CAN SELL"

1 Like

Re: Ambitious Programmers Lets Talk by Nobody: 1:15am On Jul 26, 2016
AzetaSunday:
okay, from the post i can feel the passion already and am a guy who believes that passion takes talent to the Next level

So here is the catch am not a programmer, I'm a digital marketer (yeah yeah i know, they are every where right?)
but am a digital marketer focused on growth, and for the past 8 months i've been studying the growth models of companies
like AIRBNB.com Buffer.com Facebook and so many others, i can say i now kniow why most Nigerian start ups fail.

i like creative people and people with skills and Ideas,

i am currently working on a growth model for a startup that is really missing in africa.
am open for any project, as well as i need programmers for my startup.

P.S. "YOU DON'T SELL WHAT YOU CAN MAKE, YOU MAKE WHAT YOU CAN SELL"

bro i believe in anybody with a vision, i wont even call my self a programmer, am just good with coming with business strategies and idea, i am also good at management, i just need guys that can bring ideas to reality

so am looking at bringing together programmers,graphic designers, marketers and sales people,legal practitioner,financial gurus, and engineers so when we work on a project everbody focus on their specialty, you what i mean, players play, coaches coach and cheer leaders cheer
Re: Ambitious Programmers Lets Talk by AzetaSunday(m): 9:40am On Jul 26, 2016
yeah . so what say you?
Re: Ambitious Programmers Lets Talk by Nobody: 10:09am On Jul 26, 2016
AzetaSunday:
yeah . so what say you?

yea am looking for skillful and passionate programmer to start working on ideas, then i bring in the design guys, then the marketers,and the rest

one step at a time
Re: Ambitious Programmers Lets Talk by Olyboy16(m): 10:41am On Jul 26, 2016
oloyolo:
cheesy cheesy cheesy yea exactly what i was thinking, grin come on i hope you didn't think i was talking of building a rocket for a start grin man am talking of starting with very little products that solves some of the problems in the market, and move to bigger problems like the ones you mentioned, you know like they say, Rome wasn't built in a day

yea i get ur point bro, lets see what we can achieve, pm me wen u get the drive.
Re: Ambitious Programmers Lets Talk by Sirmuel1(m): 5:33pm On Jul 26, 2016
Following
Re: Ambitious Programmers Lets Talk by Folzye(m): 5:41pm On Jul 26, 2016
Mr OP, i have plans too just in this direction... Let's talk some reality
Re: Ambitious Programmers Lets Talk by Nobody: 8:45pm On Jul 26, 2016
Olyboy16:

yea i get ur point bro, lets see what we can achieve, pm me wen u get the drive.

sure man amma get to you tommorow
were are u base
Re: Ambitious Programmers Lets Talk by Nobody: 8:47pm On Jul 26, 2016
Folzye:
Mr OP, i have plans too just in this direction... Let's talk some reality

we got to talk off here

so what do u do
Re: Ambitious Programmers Lets Talk by Nobody: 8:50pm On Jul 26, 2016
Sirmuel1:
Following

sad sadREALLY come on hommie cheesy what do u do
Re: Ambitious Programmers Lets Talk by Sirmuel1(m): 10:40pm On Jul 26, 2016
oloyolo:

sad sadREALLY come on hommie cheesy what do u do

I'm just learning.
Re: Ambitious Programmers Lets Talk by talk2hb1(m): 11:18pm On Jul 26, 2016
Just Trolling or nah Trekking dem dey call am self (Simple Inglish, I cant even spoken)
Re: Ambitious Programmers Lets Talk by Nobody: 8:18am On Jul 28, 2016
Olyboy16
Folzye
AzetaSunday

guys i would put my email under my signature

email me through it or better still put your and i would email u
Re: Ambitious Programmers Lets Talk by Nobody: 8:24am On Jul 28, 2016
talk2hb1:
Just Trolling or nah Trekking dem dey call am self (Simple Inglish, I cant even spoken)
You no serious,

. . . . . . . . .finally the KING TROLL has landed on this thread, the journey to this thread was perilous, the roads were full of thorns and briers but i fought the road battle mightily and prevailed, so i am now here - @op, what assistance have you got to render for this mighty TROLL. . . . . . . . .
Re: Ambitious Programmers Lets Talk by Nobody: 10:29pm On Jul 28, 2016
dhtml18:

You no serious,

. . . . . . . . .finally the KING TROLL has landed on this thread, the journey to this thread was perilous, the roads were full of thorns and briers but i fought the road battle mightily and prevailed, so i am now here - @op, what assistance have you got to render for this mighty TROLL. . . . . . . . .

grin grin ;Di beeches the ooh king troll please pass over this thread
Re: Ambitious Programmers Lets Talk by Nobody: 12:16am On Jul 29, 2016
oloyolo:

grin grin ;Di beeches the ooh king troll please pass over this thread
ha ha ha ha, i haf come to stay and rule this thread unless the op pays me a TRIBUTE.
Re: Ambitious Programmers Lets Talk by Michaelanapuwa(m): 8:48am On Aug 12, 2016
Hello guys. Jst came across this. Not a programmer tho bt rili av passion 4 it. D time is not just dre. Lets kip d fire burning. Working on a big project too. Building our very own tech hub is not as impossible as people think.

Cc; Lalasticlala, Ishilove, Semid4lyfe, Obinoscopy, Mynd44, oloyolo, azetasunday
Re: Ambitious Programmers Lets Talk by Nobody: 12:53pm On Aug 12, 2016
I have been thinking of this for a long time. If you're a programmer that is looking for someone to partner with on projects, please contact me asap 08141570419 or email me: michaelgbenga91@gmail.com.
Re: Ambitious Programmers Lets Talk by Nobody: 2:00pm On Aug 12, 2016
The English long but l manage to scale thru....

@op, better factor how to chop inside o, if not hmmmn
Re: Ambitious Programmers Lets Talk by Nobody: 3:39pm On Aug 12, 2016
MULLAH123:
The English long but l manage to scale thru....

@op, better factor how to chop inside o, if not hmmmn
grin grin dont worry my brother
Re: Ambitious Programmers Lets Talk by Nobody: 3:47pm On Aug 12, 2016
Michaelanapuwa:
Hello guys. Jst came across this. Not a programmer tho bt rili av passion 4 it. D time is not just dre. Lets kip d fire burning. Working on a big project too. Building our very own tech hub is not as impossible as people think.
Cc:oloyolo
Cc:azetasunday

am currently learning python smiley but am not learning it to become a coding guru, am just learning it so i wont be an alien when i talk with the programmers i will be working with, like charlie munger said , you need to know a lot about a thing and a little about everything, little enough. wink
Re: Ambitious Programmers Lets Talk by Michaelanapuwa(m): 8:47pm On Aug 12, 2016
Alright guys.. M creating a whatsapp group 4 d team.. Whoever is interested should drop his/her whatsapp number. I will reveal the project am working on later in d group.. Just finalizing some registration n copyright stuffs
Re: Ambitious Programmers Lets Talk by VIKiEzEkieL(m): 10:52am On Aug 13, 2016
add me pls 09030447262.. I have something to show u guys.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Computer Science Final Year Project: Need Idea / Udemy Payment Crisis / Is PHP Dying?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.