Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,750 members, 7,862,456 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 05:08 PM

What's The Difference Between Javascript And Jquery???? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / What's The Difference Between Javascript And Jquery???? (995 Views)

Murach's Javascript And Jquery 3rd Edition / Eliminate Render-blocking Javascript And CSS In Above-the-fold Content / Simple, Rich & Fast Approach To Learning Javascript. Whatsapp Group Inclusive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's The Difference Between Javascript And Jquery???? by KvnqPrezo(m): 2:10am On Jul 27, 2016
Please I Really Wanna Know.....
Re: What's The Difference Between Javascript And Jquery???? by Codenister: 7:27am On Jul 27, 2016
Are you trolling
Well, if you are not:-
JavaScript is a programming language used majorly on the web. JavaScript is largely used for the web front-end but can as well be used for backend as a server side technology (as could be done with node.js and etc).

Jquery is a library written in JavaScript. It is meant to improve working with JavaScript. The library was written a long time ago when web developers had a lot of issues with compatibility in various browsers.
But now, I think most of the things jquery was created for at that time can now be achieved in plain JavaScript (and maybe combined with html5 and css3)

1 Like

Re: What's The Difference Between Javascript And Jquery???? by Donald3d(m): 7:35am On Jul 27, 2016
Let me break it down like this Javascript is like a sweet factory with all the sweet/candy making equipments, but u have to to know how to operate the various machines to actually make candy.
But in Jquery the candy has been made for you all you have to do is pick the right flavor of candy that suits your needs at that point in time wink

2 Likes

Re: What's The Difference Between Javascript And Jquery???? by KvnqPrezo(m): 5:35pm On Jul 27, 2016
Codenister:
Are you trolling
Well, if you are not:-
JavaScript is a programming language used majorly on the web. JavaScript is largely used for the web front-end but can as well be used for backend as a server side technology (as could be done with node.js and etc).

Jquery is a library written in JavaScript. It is meant to improve working with JavaScript.
Is it like a fram workThe library was written a long time ago when web developers had a lot of issues with compatibility in various browsers.
But now, I think most of the things jquery was created for at that time can now be achieved in plain JavaScript (and maybe combined with html5 and css3)
Re: What's The Difference Between Javascript And Jquery???? by KvnqPrezo(m): 5:37pm On Jul 27, 2016
Donald3d:
Let me break it down like this Javascript is like a sweet factory with all the sweet/candy making equipments, but u have to to know how to operate the various machines to actually make candy.
But in Jquery the candy has been made for you all you have to do is pick the right flavor of candy that suits your needs at that point in time wink
Now I understand
Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Php Programmer Needed In Lagos / Phcn- Issue With Distributing Prepaid Meters. Why Not Try This Advise / Please I Need Help On Ionic Framework Working With A Cakephp Project.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.