Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,892 members, 7,828,152 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:24 AM

Create Your Identity - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Create Your Identity (1012 Views)

10 Musts In Protecting Your Identity / How to Create your Economic Success Out Of Nothing / Customers To Provide National Identity Number At Banks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Create Your Identity by freelance(m): 1:35pm On Dec 07, 2006
Whenever the name, Bill Gates, is mentioned, what come to mind are the computer and the billions of dollars he has amassed. cool When Henry Ford is mentioned, automobile and billions of dollars come to mind angry. When Holyfield is mentioned, people remember boxing and wealth shocked. Mention the name, Ronaldo or Okocha, soccer and fortune come to mind.  kissAnd whenever you mention Cosby, comedy and wealth come to mind wink.When Seun Osewa is mentioned, Nairaland come to mind. smiley
Now, the question: what comes to people’s minds whenever your name is mentioned?
You must create your personal identity, not just in the race for fame, but also in matters of business and investment.

The mistake that many people make is that they chase money.Making money their utmost priority. This means that they are chasing a shadow, because money is not real. Those who command wealth know that money is a shadow. It is not real. Only ideas, businesses, goods, services, opportunities etc are real. That is what many wealthy people have realised. They strive to establish those real values, knowing that money will always trail the ideas and concepts. Money would still come but make sure you always think of adding value to people and develop those ideas and concepts.

Now, the question: what comes to people’s minds whenever your name is mentioned

You will succeed!

Godspeed!
Re: Create Your Identity by gbengaijot(m): 3:01pm On Dec 07, 2006
Now, "freelance, for the first time in months, that got me thinking,

If you mention my name?, 2 thing comes to mind,

*Programming
*NaijaMusic
Re: Create Your Identity by naijacutee(f): 3:27pm On Dec 07, 2006
Gbenga - OLODO
Re: Create Your Identity by waleleader(m): 3:37pm On Dec 07, 2006
i have not reached that stage where people associate my name with a particular trend or achievement. But in the near future, it should be something like a Wal-mart kinda thing. So when peeps say Walelead, a popular high street retailer comes to mind grin grin
Re: Create Your Identity by freelance(m): 4:38pm On Dec 07, 2006
@ naijacutee
what comes to people’s minds whenever your name is mentioned?
Re: Create Your Identity by gbengaijot(m): 4:56pm On Dec 07, 2006
I think i knw wht comes to peoples mind when you mention Naijacutee, its "Business Lady". She is one of the biz oriented ladies in the house.

@naijacutee, why did u say "Gbenga Olodo">, lol,

You'll explain yourself ooooooooo, lol
Re: Create Your Identity by naijacutee(f): 8:05pm On Dec 07, 2006
gbengaijot:

I think i knw wht comes to peoples mind when you mention Naijacutee, its "Business Lady". She is one of the biz oriented ladies in the house.

@naijacutee, why did u say "Gbenga Olodo">, lol,

You'll explain yourself ooooooooo, lol
Ahhhh Gbenga, i was only doing you the honours. Have you forgotten our Olodo thing so soon? embarassed
Re: Create Your Identity by tellmemore(m): 9:38am On Dec 08, 2006
Freelance I have a question. Did their name make them or their product? You seem to be placing name before product. As far as I am concerned no matter what your name is, as long as people like what you do your name will always ring a bell. I think you need to focus 99% on your product, and then the name association will come naturally. Except if I don’t get the gist correctly.
Re: Create Your Identity by gbengaijot(m): 2:20pm On Dec 08, 2006
"tellmemore, you got him wrong. HE meant exactly thessame thing you were talking about.

"naijacutee, hey Hunn, don't mind meoooo. Java has been doing me bad that i don't think of anything else sinc except that programming logic that crams my head like a small RAM space,

I sure did not forget that easily. Mmmmmmmm,
Re: Create Your Identity by freelance(m): 10:13am On Dec 11, 2006
@ Tellmemore
Don't get me wrong. Their names did not make them. They are people that built their brands,ideas,businesses,goods,services,opportunities,etc. They establised these real values. It was as a result of the success that they achieved in this areas that made their names.
Like you rightly said once you have these values in place. The name association would come naturally. Its all good.

Now, the question: what comes to people’s minds whenever your name is mentioned?

or
what comes to people’s minds whenever tellmemore is mentioned

Godspeed!
Re: Create Your Identity by freelance(m): 11:25am On Dec 15, 2006
Your identity is your brand. Your brand reflects your personality. cool cool cool

Godspeed!!

(1) (Reply)

Hello People! I Need Your Help To Broker This Joint Venture Deal / Can One Make $5000 And Above Monthly In Nigeria Online? / What Electronics Are In High Demand In Africa And Which Ones Are Scarce?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.