Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,223 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:51 AM

The Solution To Rape Cases. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / The Solution To Rape Cases. (812 Views)

Lassa Fever: 9 Die In Ondo, 36 Cases Recorded / Your Sexual Weakness Is Now Over! Homoforte Powder Is The Solution!!! / 2 Cases Of Polio Recorded In Borno, Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Solution To Rape Cases. by jodavid(m): 11:36pm On Jul 31, 2016
Rape! How painful that word sounds.The term rape originates from the Latin word rapere and the term has come to mean "to seize and take away by force".
Awareness was raised on this topic during the Symposium of a recently concluded Medical Health Week themed 'Raising Reproductive Awareness: Your Choice, Your Right, Your Future'. Believe me when i say it was a major eye opener. I was made to understand the psychological trauma that victims pass through..and i now understand why some of these victims chose to commit suicide.
Now, i wouldn't dwell on the pain and anguish rape victims pass through but I'd rather like enumerate the way forward.
A debate held during the course of the Symposium titled "The right punishment for Rapists: 14years imprisonment with Correction Facilities or Life Imprisonment"
As part of the audience, i was privileged to hear and make my analysis from both debating sides and i came to a conclusion.
Now quote me 'this is my personal perspective'..
With the ever rising prevalence of rape in our society - hardly do i enter NL and not see a rape news., I believe that if the Govt. can implement a rule of Life imprisonment- to show the seriousness of the criminal act, with correctional Facilities- incase they are released via Presidential Pardon, It would tend to curb the rate of Rape cases.
Would love to hear your views.

(1) (Reply)

Black Strap Molasses- Bone Health, PMS Sysmptoms, ADHD/ADD, Arthritis / How To Be Sure You're Not Eating Plastic Rice / Pls Help Me!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.