Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,137 members, 7,818,425 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:14 PM

Do You Have Frenemies - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Do You Have Frenemies (909 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Have Frenemies by whiteroses(f): 4:36pm On Sep 23, 2009
I moved in with my mom who lives in west midlands its an white neighbourhood but i'm friends with the few black girls around they are all jamaican, black british, mixed and stuff and to be honest i'd rather not have any friends than them as much as i enjoy their company, we go out and have fun but i cant really trust them cos:
i know they always talk about me behind my back.
o[/b]ne time we had a test, we dint prepare cos we went out the night before and they agreed they are not going to do the test and do it during resit time but i refused and did the test, well i failed it and when we went and see the result i'm very sure they were happy i failed angry cos they looked at each other and i know they smiling inside,
[b] a
nd worstly we had a group presentation i tried my best to make us practice they dint want to they said each person should do their slide from home and we then join our slides in the morning so i dint argue, but i went in on an unusual day and found them practising shocked angry angry angry angry angry  sad i told them off and asked why they said they arranged it last minute and that i live far away and they dint have credit and they forgot later,
and then one time we went clubbing in stratford and we were supposed to pay £15 i mistakenly payed £25 and they dint say anything,
t[/b]hese girls act as though we are best friends we go out together and sleep each others house and they once did a surprise bday for me before but i dont trust them, do you have frenemies the ones that act their best to be your friends but they still can't be there for you 100% and they are secretly happy at your downfall.
[b] a
nd worstlily worst is these yardie's are dumb as ffuck, one times i topped up £10 in front of one of them and i called my dad within few minutes the credit was gone she asked why i said i just called nigeira, she said they have mobile phones in africa? angry but i just stopped talking to that one cos of that, would you stop being friends with them? any advice but i hate not having friends and staying at home they are pretty much the only friends i have in this little town, i cant wait to go back with my sister but i have now realised friends arent actually very reliable
Re: Do You Have Frenemies by iice(f): 4:58pm On Sep 23, 2009
Cut your losses.  .  .aren't there other people? I mean a bit further (wider location)?

I don't have Frenemies.  Don't even keep friends sometimes.  I don't take nonsense grin.  I can make friends if i have to lol but if the person just starts rubbish.  .  .i cut them off.  My sister is the one who has power (i give her props menh), she'll make friends and they turn out to be creeps but good thing is, she's like me, easy to cut ties and move on. 
Re: Do You Have Frenemies by chiejik(f): 5:00pm On Sep 23, 2009
i can see you are still a tenager,why dont you concentrate on your studies

1 Like

Re: Do You Have Frenemies by MrCrackles(m): 5:01pm On Sep 23, 2009
I aint got frenemies. . . grin
Re: Do You Have Frenemies by MrCrackles(m): 5:01pm On Sep 23, 2009
chiejik:

shocked grin cheesy grin
Re: Do You Have Frenemies by canuck(m): 5:43pm On Sep 23, 2009
@ Poster

You describe your "friends" as unserious, conniving, unreliable, deceitful, bigoted, naive and inconsistent - What was your question again? I have no idea why you keep company with them, only you can tell; they probably make you feel you belong.

They are going down, whiteroses, and they're taking you with them, if, like iice said, you don't cut them lose! Your vision obviously conflicts with theirs.

PS: Your writing skills are definitely not up-to-speed (not an insult). Like chiejik said, this is the time allotted to you by life to study. You need to feel comfortable being alone, so you can get to the top of whatever you want to be in life.

PSS: In the words of billionaire Warren Buffett, "Should you find yourself in a chronically leaking boat ("frenemies"wink, energy devoted to changing vessels is likely to be more productive than energy devoted to patching leaks."
Re: Do You Have Frenemies by Gamine(f): 5:53pm On Sep 23, 2009
I dont.

i mean whats the point?

I see the problem comes from you,
because you can actually do without these people.
Re: Do You Have Frenemies by noetic2: 6:04pm On Sep 23, 2009
whiteroses:

I moved in with my mom who lives in west midlands its an white neighbourhood but i'm friends with the few black girls around they are all jamaican, black british, mixed and stuff and to be honest i'd rather not have any friends than them as much as i enjoy their company, we go out and have fun but i cant really trust them cos:
i know they always talk about me behind my back.
o[/b]ne time we had a test, we dint prepare cos we went out the night before and they agreed they are not going to do the test and do it during resit time but i refused and did the test, well i failed it and when we went and see the result i'm very sure they were happy i failed angry cos they looked at each other and i know they smiling inside,
[b] a
nd worstly we had a group presentation i tried my best to make us practice they dint want to they said each person should do their slide from home and we then join our slides in the morning so i dint argue, but i went in on an unusual day and found them practising shocked angry angry angry angry angry  sad i told them off and asked why they said they arranged it last minute and that i live far away and they dint have credit and they forgot later,
and then one time we went clubbing in stratford and we were supposed to pay £15 i mistakenly payed £25 and they dint say anything,
t[/b]hese girls act as though we are best friends we go out together and sleep each others house and they once did a surprise bday for me before but i dont trust them, do you have frenemies the ones that act their best to be your friends but they still can't be there for you 100% and they are secretly happy at your downfall.
[b] a
nd worstlily worst is these yardie's are dumb as ffuck, one times i topped up £10 in front of one of them and i called my dad within few minutes the credit was gone she asked why i said i just called nigeira, she said they have mobile phones in africa? angry but i just stopped talking to that one cos of that, would you stop being friends with them? any advice but i hate not having friends and staying at home they are pretty much the only friends i have in this little town, i cant wait to go back with my sister but i have now realised friends arent actually very reliable

1. u need to define what u want. . ,  . do u want friends?. .  .why?. . . I dont have "friends" but buddies with whom I share the same ideology. All my relationships are well defined. . .we are either class mates, work mates, former school mates, fellow intellectuals, activists or just neighbours,  . , this may help. . . there is NO one u cannot do without. . . . u need to love urself.

2. u seem to live nearby, since u went clubbing at stratford, was that YATES? . . ,   ,
Re: Do You Have Frenemies by whiteroses(f): 7:51pm On Sep 23, 2009
noetic2:

1. u need to define what u want. . ,  . do u want friends?. .  .why?. . . I dont have "friends" but buddies with whom I share the same ideology. All my relationships are well defined. . .we are either class mates, work mates, former school mates, fellow intellectuals, activists or just neighbours,  . , this may help. . . there is NO one u cannot do without. . . . u need to love urself.

2. u seem to live nearby, since u went clubbing at stratford, was that YATES? . . ,   , 
i'm from north london but i live with my mom at the moment.
iice:

Cut your losses.  .  .aren't there other people? I mean a bit further (wider location)?

I don't have Frenemies.  Don't even keep friends sometimes.  I don't take nonsense grin.  I can make friends if i have to lol but if the person just starts rubbish.  .  .i cut them off.  My sister is the one who has power (i give her props menh), she'll make friends and they turn out to be creeps but good thing is, she's like me, easy to cut ties and move on. 

i envy your sister o i actually have some nigerian friends mostly from church they are nice but they are very boring and a little older than me and the best they do is house party and stuff but i like to go out
chiejik:

yes i just truned 20 i had HND in bus.&management from college in london so its taking me unto a direct entry into final year thats what brought me out here o cant wait to graduate
Re: Do You Have Frenemies by Nobody: 9:58pm On Sep 23, 2009
you dont have to cut off the one asking if there are mobile phones in Africa.

Just give her a stupid reply to the stupid question.

Or show her some handsome guys back home and that's when she'll suddenly discover they have cell phones in Africa.
Re: Do You Have Frenemies by mamagee6(f): 12:33am On Sep 24, 2009
I don't.
Re: Do You Have Frenemies by posakosa(m): 12:54am On Sep 24, 2009
I had one. Just cut HER off this week,

I told her politely, I wish you well in your journey but I think that its best we both go our separate ways and she has not called me since then, I don't miss her one bit though.
Re: Do You Have Frenemies by Gamine(f): 1:05am On Sep 24, 2009
I told her politely, I wish you well in your journey but I think that its best we both go our separate ways and she has not called me since then, I don't miss her one bit though.

But how do you guys put up with these people in the first place

it surprises me.
Re: Do You Have Frenemies by r231(m): 1:08am On Sep 24, 2009
tpia.:

Or show her some handsome guys back home and that's when she'll suddenly discover they have cell phones in Africa.

grin
Re: Do You Have Frenemies by posakosa(m): 1:11am On Sep 24, 2009
Gamine:

But how do you guys put up with these people in the first place

it surprises me.

I met her thru my ex. She talked trash about me when we were going thru drama. I pretended not to hear about what she had said, I have always said hello politely and now she thinks she is my bestie, I just couldn't take the fakeness anymore, I was only trying to be polite. undecided
Re: Do You Have Frenemies by Gamine(f): 1:20am On Sep 24, 2009
I have always said hello politely and now she thinks she is my bestie

LOL

I just couldn't take the fakeness anymore, I was only trying to be polite.

ok, i get this.
Re: Do You Have Frenemies by Nobody: 1:56am On Sep 24, 2009
And post, nope.

We all need each other. I have my own personalized informat that informs me about everything going on.

Like someone said "WHAT'S THE POINT?". Drop them cool
Re: Do You Have Frenemies by Donvilo(m): 7:35am On Sep 24, 2009
This thread is somewhat funny grin
Anyway, @Topic. I don't have any(I mean the 'frenemies') Having these kind of peeps as friends will only make one be like them. I would rather say it's about time u start seeing these fellas as acquaitances rather than as friends. wink And do not worry, real friends are yet to come. wink
Re: Do You Have Frenemies by Uchedude(m): 7:55am On Sep 24, 2009
tpia.:

I second that just give the stupid person a stupid answer to the stupid question, no need to cut em off.

(1) (Reply)

U Should Marry An Ugly Woman To Be Happy. / Can I Divorse Her, Cause We Dont Have Child And We Are Not Compatible? / Women And Birthday Party?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.