Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,034 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:02 AM

Problem Upgrading To Windows 10 - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Problem Upgrading To Windows 10 (1434 Views)

A Friend Forget Password To Windows 10 / Why You Need To Upgrade To Windows 10 Before 29th July / Upgrading To Windows 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Problem Upgrading To Windows 10 by nerdfrost(m): 7:53pm On Aug 08, 2016
for the past 5 hours, my laptop has been displaying an icon showing "getting updates" after i tried upgrading it online
am using a dell n5010 4gb ram 250gb rom windows 7. pls gurus help me out

note; it has already downloaded and installed but it hasnt rebooted or changed to windows 10
Re: Problem Upgrading To Windows 10 by AnodaIT(m): 8:41pm On Aug 08, 2016
It is not always good to go for updates before your system is properly set up especially in Nigeria situation.

Best way out is to shut off the Internet, probably after trying for a few times to connect without success, it will prompt you to skip
Re: Problem Upgrading To Windows 10 by Nduxx(m): 9:06pm On Aug 08, 2016
I've you tried rebooting? And how are you updating it. Because Microsoft ended their free update on July 29.
Re: Problem Upgrading To Windows 10 by nerdfrost(m): 9:51pm On Aug 08, 2016
Nduxx:
I've you tried rebooting? And how are you updating it. Because Microsoft ended their free update on July 29.
. I downloaded the upgrade assistant before 29th I guess that's why I was able to download it
Re: Problem Upgrading To Windows 10 by Nduxx(m): 9:56pm On Aug 08, 2016
Can you show me a screenshot the error?
Re: Problem Upgrading To Windows 10 by nerdfrost(m): 4:19pm On Aug 09, 2016
Nduxx:
Can you show me a screenshot the error?

Re: Problem Upgrading To Windows 10 by saint2ace(m): 5:15pm On Aug 09, 2016
nerdfrost:
. I downloaded the upgrade assistant before 29th I guess that's why I was able to download it

I think the issue is that u're downloading the anniversary edition of windows 10. It takes a very long time and u need a very reliable internet connection, I used ntel which around my area is awesome and it took me all night.

So I'd suggest you look for a reliable internet connection b4 u try it again. Cheers
Re: Problem Upgrading To Windows 10 by nerdfrost(m): 5:20pm On Aug 09, 2016
saint2ace:

I think the issue is that u're downloading the anniversary edition of windows 10. It takes a very long time and u need a very reliable internet connection, I used ntel which around my area is awesome and it took me all night.

So I'd suggest you look for a reliable internet connection b4 u try it again. Cheers

Thanks but did ur own show that icon
Re: Problem Upgrading To Windows 10 by saint2ace(m): 6:02pm On Aug 09, 2016
nerdfrost:

Thanks but did ur own show that icon

Yes it did
Re: Problem Upgrading To Windows 10 by Nduxx(m): 9:35pm On Aug 09, 2016
But it's showing"checking for updates". Which means you've not downloaded the update to windows 10, you only downloaded Win 7 updates.
Re: Problem Upgrading To Windows 10 by saint2ace(m): 9:40pm On Aug 09, 2016
Nduxx:
But it's showing"checking for updates". Which means you've not downloaded the update to windows 10, you only downloaded Win 7 updates.

Bros have u tried the windows 10 upgrade assistant??
Re: Problem Upgrading To Windows 10 by Nduxx(m): 9:45pm On Aug 09, 2016
Before you can install windows 10. You must make sure windows 7 is up to date.
Re: Problem Upgrading To Windows 10 by saint2ace(m): 10:06pm On Aug 09, 2016
Nduxx:
Before you can install windows 10. You must make sure windows 7 is up to date.

It doesn't boss, all updates are inclusive in th installation, I updated to windows 10 a few months ago b4 the June 29 deadline, after which I updated to the anniversary edition and I can comfortably tell u it took far more time to update to the anniversary edition than from windows 8 to 10.

Secondly, the update interface for a windows upgrade and for a windows 7 update are 2 very different things.

Please check and get back to me, like I asked earlier; have u used the windows 10 update assistant??
Re: Problem Upgrading To Windows 10 by Nduxx(m): 10:57pm On Aug 09, 2016
saint2ace:

It doesn't boss, all updates are inclusive in th installation, I updated to windows 10 a few months ago b4 the June 29 deadline, after which I updated to the anniversary edition and I can comfortably tell u it took far more time to update to the anniversary edition than from windows 8 to 10.

Secondly, the update interface for a windows upgrade and for a windows 7 update are 2 very different things.

Please check and get back to me, like I asked earlier; have u used the windows 10 update assistant??

I'm not the one trying to update to windows 10, it's nerdfrost . I prefer, windows 7 due to software compatibility.
Re: Problem Upgrading To Windows 10 by saint2ace(m): 11:15pm On Aug 09, 2016
Nduxx:

I'm not the one trying to update to windows 10, it's nerdfrost . I prefer, windows 7 due to software compatibility.

I guessed that u're not the one upgrading, so why don't u allow nerdfrost ask the questions. Cheers
Re: Problem Upgrading To Windows 10 by nerdfrost(m): 12:17am On Aug 10, 2016
saint2ace:

am using the upgrade assistant
Re: Problem Upgrading To Windows 10 by saint2ace(m): 8:50am On Aug 10, 2016
nerdfrost:

am using the upgrade assistant

Okay, u'll need a good Internet connection and a lot of patience; a lot of new features were added like mobile Hotspot et al, which made the installation a bit heavy, so patience is a keyword oh.

If losing ur apps and settings is not a problem problem then getting a windows 10 installation kit and running a clean installation would save you time but u'll be running the old windows 10 as the anniversary edition is not available as a stand alone installation for now.

Alternatively if all else fails, i'd suggest you relax for now a lighter edition might be created soon to make installation easier as the focus is now fully on windows 10.

So let's keep our fingers crossed. Cheers
Re: Problem Upgrading To Windows 10 by nerdfrost(m): 9:07am On Aug 10, 2016
saint2ace:

Okay, u'll need a good Internet connection and a lot of patience; a lot of new features were added like mobile Hotspot et al, which made the installation a bit heavy, so patience is a keyword oh.

If losing ur apps and settings is not a problem problem then getting a windows 10 installation kit and running a clean installation would save you time but u'll be running the old windows 10 as the anniversary edition is not available as a stand alone installation for now.

Alternatively if all else fails, i'd suggest you relax for now a lighter edition might be created soon to make installation easier as the focus is now fully on windows 10.

OK. Thanks I really appreciate
Re: Problem Upgrading To Windows 10 by Olarewajub: 10:23am On Aug 10, 2016
saint2ace:

How many Gb is the anniversary Update worth?
Re: Problem Upgrading To Windows 10 by nerdfrost(m): 1:50am On Aug 11, 2016
saint2ace:

It has upgraded just this morning wink thanks a lot smiley
Re: Problem Upgrading To Windows 10 by saint2ace(m): 6:45am On Aug 11, 2016
nerdfrost:

It has upgraded just this morning wink thanks a lot smiley

U're welcome boss. Cheers
Re: Problem Upgrading To Windows 10 by nerdfrost(m): 5:10pm On Aug 11, 2016
Olarewajub:

How many Gb is the anniversary Update worth?
3gb +
Re: Problem Upgrading To Windows 10 by Olarewajub: 6:15pm On Aug 11, 2016
nerdfrost:

3gb +

Re: Problem Upgrading To Windows 10 by rawdpiper(m): 10:05am On Aug 12, 2016
saint2ace:

U're welcome boss. Cheers

I have this windows 8.1 PC I just bought, and I want to upgrade to windows 10. I have already downloaded the ISO file from Microsoft's website and its the anniversary update.

Am about installing do I really need internet connection while installing( since its ISO file) and how long do you think the upgrade will take?

(1) (Reply)

Apple Macbook Pro 2016: Latest Rumors, Specs, Release Date And Price / Autocad Tutorials / What To Do If Atm Swallows Your Card

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.