Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,191 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:56 PM

. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / . (636 Views)

Major Scam Threads That Have Rocked & Entertained Nairalanders / Cattle Rearers On Major Road In Abuja (Photo) / New Way To Stand In Queue, Do You Agree? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by Nobody: 9:17pm On Aug 08, 2016
Re: . by Tearg1: 9:20pm On Aug 08, 2016
Whatever the world gives you, it taketh away when it pleases But what God gives you is eternal...

The key to happiness is to have a heart that is upright with God.. Then you can find Love Peace Joy....

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 9:32pm On Aug 08, 2016
Re: . by Wallie(m): 9:42pm On Aug 08, 2016
Not even close! Money is only important when you don't have it. It is true that money buys you things but all that will fade in a very short while. You can be the richest person on earth and still be extremely miserable. No matter how rich you are, money cannot buy love or health!

What good is money if you cannot get out of bed and in constant pain? Even common back pain could make you extremely miserable with your fleet of 20 cars, an airplane, a trophy wife, and a 20,000 sq mansion! By the way, how are you going to satisfy your young and beautiful trophy wife in bed with a bad back and high blood pressure? grin

Being content is what breads happiness.
Re: . by Nobody: 9:46pm On Aug 08, 2016
Re: . by myfantasies(f): 10:20pm On Aug 08, 2016
It is more comfortable to cry in a BMW dan on a bicycle

Who says money can't buy happiness don't know where to shop
Re: . by Wallie(m): 10:31pm On Aug 08, 2016
jackpiperr:

Money provides a better platform for happiness.It's up to the individual to actualize that happiness through the platform presented by money. I'm not saying money alone makes you happy. No matter how wealthy you are, if you do not use your money wisely and eat healthy and take care of yourself then your money is worthless and cant make you happy. It is not the fault of money that you are not using it wisely to achieve desirable happiness which it easily provides. Most people who have money and feel depressed are people who obtained their wealth by illegal and fraudulent means. No individual alive can feel sad or unhappy for working hard for their success. For example ,most rich individuals who commit suicide where probably gambling addicts or where in debt. keep in mind that due to the fallible nature of physicality itself ,no human can be 100 percent happy all the time , but money provides a better platform to attain happiness most of the time .

Jack, how old are you? I'm going to guess that you're still fairly young and up-and-coming with regard to wealth.

Everything you said does not mimick the real world. That's the seemingly rational thing to think when you're still trying to make ends meet.

Once you have your basic necessities in life covered, your happiness or sadness has nothing to do with money. Actually, you're more stressed when you have money because you're preoccupied about losing it. When you own a business, you're worried about making payroll because families depend on you. You're worried about making payments to banks for the money you borrowed to invest in that new facility that's months behind schedule. Payments are due but you've not yet made a penny. Family wahala is making your phone ring off the hook. Investments are not panning out as planned.

Also, generally speaking, your responsibilities increase the more money you earn. I'm not saying that being broke is better because it's not. But being rich comes with a lot of headache keeps you up at night when everyone else is sleeping.

When you're very rich, you will have very few real friends because it will seem people want you for what you can offer. Everyone will seem to have a business proposal or two and want you to invest or loan them money.

Real happiness comes when you find your true life partner that you don't have to worry about, family love, and good health. Money is just a great icing on the cake but you can be happy without it.

1 Like

Re: . by Wallie(m): 11:35pm On Aug 08, 2016
I think the fallacy in your thinking is that everything else would stay the same when you become very wealthy. That's rarely true unless you're very lucky and got rich off a single deal. If you had to accumulate wealth, you're constantly working, monitoring your investments, and/or seeking out new investments.

Here's a few recent examples in Nigeria that should get you thinking:

1) Dollars officially got devalued, which means that all those people with billions of Naira in the stock exchange just got half of their money wiped out over night! How much do you think Dangote is now worth? I'm sure you would still say a lot but keep in mind that he's able to get loans based on the value of his properties which are now worth half.

2) All those people with bureau de change just got their investments and income turned to zero overnight!

3) All the "investors" that invested in the election thinking that GEJ would return and they'd be rewarded with contracts are now screening their incoming phone calls.

4) All those people that borrowed foreign loans for business now owe x 1.5.

My point is that being rich is great but it comes with its own unique headache. All the stuff you can buy is great but if you've been rich for a while, you'd rarely feel the same level exicitment you felt when you made your first major purchase as a broke guy.

Having said all that, I would certainly rather be rich than poor! Having to worry about whether my Rolex needs servicing is a whole lot better than worrying about where my next meal is coming from.

(1) (Reply)

Which Business Idea Is Better? / Aremo Abdul Graduates 188 Trainees In Skill Acquisition In Ikosi-isheri / Indomie Distributorship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.