Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,851 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:12 PM

**tutorial** How To Write A Job Targeted Resume/cv. - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / **tutorial** How To Write A Job Targeted Resume/cv. (892 Views)

How To Quickly Write A Catchy CV (picture) / What Is The Difference Between A Resume, CV And Cover Letter? / Format Of A Nigerian Resume (CV) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

**tutorial** How To Write A Job Targeted Resume/cv. by gessense(m): 12:19pm On Sep 25, 2009
[b]Hello Nairalanders,
I have decided to start a tutorial on how to write a job targeted Resume or CV. In this tutorial I will show you the basics of writing a job targeted Resume/CV. If you will agree with me, there are resumes and there are resumes. When i see some resumes i just can't help but laugh. to write a resume that will catch the interest of your potential employer is very easy as ABC. Perhaps you don't know that employers have certain things they look for in any resume and if yours doesn't have it they just drop it. Let me shock you again, employers only spend one minute on your resume. why, you may ask? Very simple. They have thousands of resumes to check.

Let's get to the Tutorial itself.

[size=11pt][center]
<--------------------TUTORIAL STARTS HERE.----------------------->[/center]

Before writing your Resume or CV, you need to ask yourself one question. the question is this.
What kind of job do i desire? Do you want an Administrative job or Marketing job? By the time you ask this question, it will guide through the rest of the process. May be you don't know that you must have different Resumes for different jobs. the mistake some job seekers make is that they draft just one Resume, mass produce it and send out. My dear , That is very wrong of you. if you have been doing that please stop it.

Having answered this question yourself. the next step is as follows:

Before Writing

1.List all degrees. this part has to deal with all the degrees you have ever had in your life. Bsc. B.a, B.ed, B.tech, LLB, Msc etc

By the time you do this kindly check which one of this degrees corresponds with the job i want. whichever does not correspond please strike it out.

2.List all your jobs with employment dates. have you worked somewhere before?
-if so list all job titles and positions held.

3. List all major training courses attended. you think they don't matter, but they do just list them first. it has been discovered that most people who get jobs do so not because of their degrees.

4. List all major projects lead or participated. Do you partake in Volunteer jobs? list the ones you have participated well in it.

5. List all special certifications and licenses
– NIIT,CIBN,NIMN etc

6. List all Hobbies.

After you have done all the above always cross check you qualifications with the job you desire, by doing this you will stay right on track. Don't forget we are just preparing to write you Resume, this is not your final one.
if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask me here. if you have any comments or suggestions too, kindly post it here.
you may also send your questions to (p h e m y t e @ f r e e a u t o b o t . c o m) thanks very much.

Thats it for now watch out for the next part.

[/size][/b]

(1) (Reply)

First Bank Sacking Staffs / Employer Looking For Salary Suggestions (accountant/acting Gm; Sales Exec Etc / Secretary/receptionist Vacancy At Tv Production Company In Ikeja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.