Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,544 members, 7,827,035 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:14 AM

. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / . (717 Views)

Dino Melaye's Constituency Office Marked For Demolition By Yahaya Bello / Discharged EFCC Cadets Petition Buhari Over Unfair Dismissal / . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

. by Betapikin101: 2:25pm On Aug 18, 2016
The Concerned Citizens of Kogi State, a civil society organisation, has written a petition to President Muhammadu Buhari on the alleged wanton looting of the state treasury under Yahaya Bello, the governor.
The group accused the governor of looting the treasury to the tune of N11 billion.
It claimed that the governor had been conniving with Edward Onoja, his chief of staff, two commissioners, two permanent secretaries, and top members of his administration.
“In furtherance of our statutory mandate on the promotion of good-governance, equity, equality, rule of law and justice as well as in line with President Muhammadu Buhari government’s inspiring hard stance against corrupt practices and financial crimes, we forward herewith our findings detailing commission of offences such as breach of trust, fraud, money laundry, misappropriation of funds and wanton looting of the treasury of Kogi State to the tune of about NGN 11 Billion by the Kogi state governor, H. E. Alhaji Yahaya Bello and his co-conspirators to wit,” the petition read.

“We wish you to furnish you and your trusted commission with unassailable facts and figures of how funds meant for the well-being of the government and people of Kogi state are being systematically embezzled and laundered.

“The state governor, his officials and cronies committed these corrupt practices and financial crimes through the followings;
“Award of bogus contract of the renovation of 17 units of mostly three (3) bedroom bungalows (removal of roof and re-painting only) for a whooping sum of NGN 1.6 billion awarded to MAJ Global Construction Company Ltd. without tender, contrary to the public procurement act.
“We strongly believe that the so called phoney renovation contract was an avenue to steal and launder funds from the commonwealth of Kogi people.
“Award of bogus contract for the construction of AGASA-UKPOGORO Road to AG Vision Construction Nig. Ltd of which NGN912, 648, 960. N49 million hurriedly paid in a day without physical mobilisation to site till date.

“Suspicious money laundering of the sum of NGN87, 500, 000. 00million and NGN91, 500, 000.00million through CGC Construction Company under the guise of payment of contract sum on 22nd June, 2016 and 1st August, 2016 respectively.

“Complete and wanton misapplication and looting of the bailout fund of +N20 billion and N10 billion infrastructure fund respectively.”
Calling on the president to swing into action, the group said the allegations against Bello were weighty.
“Sir, from the aforementioned, it is crystal clear that there exists many instances of breach of trust, money laundering and misappropriation of funds by the individuals and corporate bodies mentioned above,” it said.

“Therefore as a civil society organization, with zero tolerance with the violation of the law and in pursuant with our mandate, we are under obligation to bring these suspected criminal conducts and financial crimes under your regulatory and investigative powers as provided under the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission Act.

“From the foregoing, we therefore urge you to use your good offices to urgently commence comprehensive investigation into our petition.”

“All illicitly acquired monies and properties from the proceeds of the wanton looting of the Kogi State treasury be recovered and returned to Kogi state government.”

When contacted Kingsley Fanowo, chief press secretary to the governor, said he had not seen the petition.

“I have not seen the petition. I will react when I see it,” he told TheCable via text message.

“Therefore as a civil society organization, with zero tolerance with the violation of the law and in pursuant with our mandate, we are under obligation to bring these suspected criminal conducts and financial crimes under your regulatory and investigative powers as provided under the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission Act.
“From the foregoing, we therefore urge you to use your good offices to urgently commence comprehensive investigation into our petition.”

“All illicitly acquired monies and properties from the proceeds of the wanton looting of the Kogi State treasury be recovered and returned to Kogi state government.”

When contacted Kingsley Fanowo, chief press secretary to the governor, said he had not seen the petition.

“I have not seen the petition. I will react when I see it,” he told TheCable via text message.

http://www.kogireports.com/group-petitions-buhari-efcc-over-wanton-looting-of-kogis-treasury-by-gov-bello-and-cronies-download-petition/
Re: . by nwaanambra1(m): 3:11pm On Aug 18, 2016
if i hear say bubu dey fight corruption! cheesy cheesy

bubu only fights perceive enemies in the guise of fighting corruption and the last time i checked, Kogi State governor is still in bubu's good books so your petition is dead on arrival. cheesy grin
Re: . by Betapikin101: 4:07pm On Aug 18, 2016
Kogi people really needs God's intervention bcoz the way that yahaya boy is going he wants to wreck that state and still claiming authoritatively that he is sanitizing the state whereas he is the King of rogues
Even if bubu cannot intervene, "in patient Jonathan's voice there is God o"

(1) (Reply)

Still To Believe Buhari Is Ruling Nigeria Without Certificate / Father Tells Stella Oduah To Return Late Son’s Body For Proper Burial / The Niger Delta Avengers (nda) Vs Federal Government, The Way Forward.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.