Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,604 members, 7,820,162 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:42 AM

Problem With My Laptop's Drivers - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Problem With My Laptop's Drivers (595 Views)

How Many Megabytes Would It Take To Update My Laptop's Drivers ? / Where Can I Download Haier Laptop Drivers / Help Link To Oki Laptop Drivers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Problem With My Laptop's Drivers by UNLEASHED(m): 4:24pm On Sep 30, 2009
I formatted my laptop and when I tried downloading the drivers from the product website, the dialogue box before download begins will indicate that the file size is unknown, and when i try downloading, it breaks off. Please what can i do? I really need the drivers as I can not use it at a cafe, connect to a wireless network.

It's a gateway T- 1605m  OS is Vista

Thanks in advance.
Re: Problem With My Laptop's Drivers by deji2009(m): 5:22pm On Sep 30, 2009
formatted my laptop and when I tried downloading the drivers from the product website, the dialogue box before download begins will indicate that the file is unknown, Please what can i do? I really need the drivers as I can not use it at a cafe.

It's a gateway T- 1605m OS is Vista

Thanks in advance.

if the file is unknown> should give you option to run or open folder. having said that a UCA propmt message should appear. windows need your permission to continue, simply give your permission and vista will continue installation. Good luck
Re: Problem With My Laptop's Drivers by deji2009(m): 5:25pm On Sep 30, 2009
tried downloading the drivers

such as network drivers, display adaptor etc. are you after one driver as suppose to drivers
Re: Problem With My Laptop's Drivers by UNLEASHED(m): 7:56am On Oct 02, 2009
@ Deji2009
There's no driver on it now, and i cannot use it to access the internet,
When i try downloading, it breaks off after a while.
Re: Problem With My Laptop's Drivers by Bigvilla(m): 8:22pm On Oct 02, 2009
When u are dowloading and d message 'file unknown' displays, wait a while. It happens to me most times and from experience, it is due a delay in loading or download time ussaully due to server issues. The download server location, file size,file type has to be identified before you click on save button. So give it time to load. When u have seen d file type, Name, location or source (e.g url source) and other things dat prpoerly describes what u r downloading then u click save, and do all other neccessary things.

remeber in vista, ur permission is always needed to carry on with whatever u doin. So give it.

Try dat first. Good Luck
Re: Problem With My Laptop's Drivers by UNLEASHED(m): 10:54am On Oct 03, 2009
@Deji and Bigvilla
Thanks, I got it solved!
Re: Problem With My Laptop's Drivers by Bigvilla(m): 2:39pm On Oct 03, 2009
Thanks.
But let us know hw u did it nw? wat do u say?
Re: Problem With My Laptop's Drivers by UNLEASHED(m): 4:19pm On Oct 03, 2009
What you said worked, I think i'm impatient at first! thanks but I'm askin for more, I need a Vista home basic activatn key or else my OS will expire in few days to come, the Key at the back of my laptop is Window Home premiun, please help!!!!
Re: Problem With My Laptop's Drivers by Bigvilla(m): 7:36pm On Oct 03, 2009
ok. i go try
Re: Problem With My Laptop's Drivers by deji2009(m): 9:30pm On Oct 03, 2009
What you said worked, I think i'm impatient at first! thanks but I'm askin for more, I need a Vista home basic activatn key or else my OS will expire in few days to come, the Key at the back of my laptop is Window Home premiun, please help!!!!

a windows product key is not something you can just request for. for example. is like asking someone for a password to your computer. he or she wont know, isnt it ? exactly is the same. windows product key is an authenticity. therefore it should give you optiont to validate online. is there just read what it says on the screen, or if you"re impatient reinstall windows. Good luck

(1) (Reply)

Fairly Used Lappy Needed In Ph Asap! / What's Happenig To Mcafee? / Re:my Bios Setup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.