Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,004 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:36 AM

Before You Clock 25. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Before You Clock 25. (44358 Views)

10 Things You Must Do Before You Clock 30 / 5 Money Tips You Need To Learn Before You Clock 30 / What Will You Do If This Is Your Pastor's Living Room Wall Clock? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Before You Clock 25. by Capableben(m): 8:29pm On Sep 03, 2016
I don't really know of this is the right section to write this but I guess the Mods will help out.

Before You Clock 25

Before you clock 25, you are young, curious, free and possibly single. This moment is golden, make it about you because the chance is there.

Most of the decisions you take at this time are very essential and paramount, and you may have to bear their consequence throughout the rest of your life.

I bring you a simple list that comprises of some things that you should/must do before you clock 25.

1.Perfect Your Communication skill:
I've been around and I have seen intelligent people that are very good at what they do but lack a proper sense of self expression. It's always a struggle for them to make others understand them.
English is our lingua franca in this country; as such, you must try as much as possible to master the skill of expressing yourself coherently in English, else you will be left behind.

2. Identify and Exercise Your Talent:
I don't believe that there is anyone without a talent, a natural trait, inbuilt in you that makes you thrive or easily do what others find really cumbersome.
Before 25, you must identify your talent and exercise it to the fullest. Your talent may not necessarily relate to your field of study, there are many Musicians out there that studied physics in the university. I have also noticed that people earn more using their talents than practising what they studied in school; if you doubt this, check how much Phyno earns per show and compare it to the salary of your family doctor.
Begin to exercise that talent now!

3. Become tech savvy:
This is the 21st century. Many things, if not all things around us are becoming computerised, even electric generators now have remotes.
Before 25, you should become tech savvy, I'm not asking you to become a "Mark Zuckerburg wannabe" or something. Simply acquire a wide knowledge of computers and know how to operate them well. Computers are taking over!

4. Suppress Shyness:
A shy person feels nervous and uncomfortable about meeting and talking to people, they prefer being alone most times.
My dear, the colossal affairs of this world are not run by shy people, check around you to confirm that.
Its not a bad thing to be shy, but it becomes bad if you become complacent about the condition and remain in its cage. Work yourself out of the spirit of shyness, I know how much opportunities I have lost to that spirit myself. I dare you to address a crowd this week or better still, take up the role of an MC in the birthday party of any of your friends.

5.Cling To A Particular Faith:
There are many religions in the world today and people that practise these religions have full conviction that they are in the right religion, except for probably some few.
Before you clock 25, you should decide whether or not to believe in any faith. And whatever faith you choose, cling to it.

6. Develop Your sense of Responsibility:
Before you clock 25, you must prove to your parents/guardians that you are a responsible person.
This is not done in a day of course, it usually starts when you become a teenager. You must let them see those qualities in you that will assure them that they can confidently assign you big responsibilities. This goes a long way in giving them a spirit of fulfilment.

7. Relate well With the Opposite sex:
This is pretty much self explanatory and akin to the fourth point above.
You must learn how to relate well and express yourself freely around individuals of the opposite sex.
Boys, na una need this one pass, you better learn this "skill" or watch someone marry that girl you've always been "eyeing".

8. Plan Your future:
Before you clock 25, you should plan your life and try to follow the scheme you have laid down for yourself.
Are you going to learn a trade or go to school? Which ever one your case may be, you should plan everything before 25.
Most of the world's most successful people started early enough, Dangote, Bill gates, Mark zuckerburg, Psquare, Frank Edwards, etc.

http://ogabenji..com.ng/2016/09/before-you-clock-25.html?m=1

83 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Before You Clock 25. by saintfellow(m): 8:42pm On Sep 03, 2016
Fork atleast 50 different ladies just for adventure, that way your sex life become great after marriage.

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Before You Clock 25. by 3unitload(m): 8:52pm On Sep 03, 2016
Nice piece.....

2 Likes

Re: Before You Clock 25. by Nobody: 8:55pm On Sep 03, 2016
This is a completely naive list, patterned to fit a particular, narrow minded view of the world.

Should have been: Things I have decided to do before I clock 25, not things everyone should do before they clock 25.

Who are you to tell others how to pattern their lives, as if everyone subscribes to your societally constrained and conditioned goals, or shrinked perspective on life?

Any emotionally weak person, who can't think independently, would see this list and feel he needs to change certain aspects of himself, or think that he needs to conform totally to everything the op said, even the utterly ridiculous ones.

OP, not every one has the same aspirations as you, not everyone desires to be the social butterfly, or the woman charmer, or the social networking king, or some of the other nonsense you posted.
Some people have an entirely different, more broadened perspective on life, and their own subjective idea of the kind of life that they want, and I am sure they are wise enough to know the changes they need to make in their lives, in order to achieve their goals, and even if they don't, they'll find advice that fits their own pattern of life that they've drawn from themselves, not some generalized, redundant to-do-list, compiled some mindless robots of society.

Only the last point seems a bit sensible.

160 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Before You Clock 25. by habbyy03: 8:57pm On Sep 03, 2016
k
Re: Before You Clock 25. by fuckyouallmods: 8:59pm On Sep 03, 2016
Just in case

Waiting till it reaches front-page

fuckyouallmods Is back at here

1 Like

Re: Before You Clock 25. by Capableben(m): 9:30pm On Sep 03, 2016
fuckyouallmods:
Just in case

Waiting till it reaches front-page

fuckyouallmods Is back at here
Your Moniker tho

1 Like

Re: Before You Clock 25. by Capableben(m): 9:31pm On Sep 03, 2016
Caravan:
This is a completely naive list, patterned to fit a particular, narrow minded view of the world.

Should have been: Things I have decided to do before I clock 25, not things everyone should do before they clock 25.

Who are you to tell others how to pattern their lives, as if everyone subscribes to your societally constrained and conditioned goals, or shrinked perspective on life?

Any emotionally weak person, who can't think independently, would see this list and feel he needs to change certain aspects of himself, or think that he needs to conform totally to everything the op said, even the utterly ridiculous ones.

OP, not every one has the same aspirations as you, not everyone desires to be the social butterfly, or the woman charmer, or the social networking king, or some of the other nonsense you posted.
Some people have an entirely different, more broadened perspective on life, and their own subjective idea of the kind of life that they want, and I am sure they are wise enough to know the changes they need to make in their lives, in order to achieve their goals, and even if they don't, they'll find advice that fits their own pattern of life that they've drawn from themselves, not some generalized, redundant to-do-list, compiled some mindless robots of society.

The Truth is Bitter, usually.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Before You Clock 25. by Capableben(m): 9:33pm On Sep 03, 2016
3unitload:
Nice piece.....
Yea, thank You very much.

www.ogabenji..com
Re: Before You Clock 25. by bqlekan(m): 9:33pm On Sep 03, 2016
grin ojo ti lo

1 Like

Re: Before You Clock 25. by Capableben(m): 9:37pm On Sep 03, 2016
saintfellow:
Fork atleast 50 different ladies just for adventure, that way your sex life become great after marriage.
hmm SMH for you.... HIV is real!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Before You Clock 25. by Capableben(m): 10:14pm On Sep 03, 2016
bqlekan:
grin ojo ti lo
.......And what does that mean?
Re: Before You Clock 25. by fuckyouallmods: 10:23pm On Sep 03, 2016
Capableben:
Your Moniker tho

Na so bro
Re: Before You Clock 25. by ganie(m): 11:32pm On Sep 03, 2016
Nice and educative,I relate with it atleast.
Re: Before You Clock 25. by bqlekan(m): 5:56am On Sep 04, 2016
Capableben:
.......And what does that mean?
this piece came too late
Re: Before You Clock 25. by Capableben(m): 10:06pm On Sep 04, 2016
bqlekan:
this piece came too late
You are probably 30 now, right?

3 Likes

Re: Before You Clock 25. by bqlekan(m): 10:13pm On Sep 04, 2016
Capableben:
You are probably 30 now, right?

49 precisely undecided

6 Likes

Re: Before You Clock 25. by gabi101(m): 10:23pm On Sep 04, 2016
quite an interesting topic smiley
Re: Before You Clock 25. by Capableben(m): 6:26pm On Sep 05, 2016
bqlekan:

49 precisely undecided
wow, Good day Uncle.

10 Likes

Re: Before You Clock 25. by Capableben(m): 6:27pm On Sep 05, 2016
gabi101:
quite an interesting topic smiley
Yea, I just wish Lalasticlala can push it to FP so that others can benefit too.
Re: Before You Clock 25. by agarawu23(m): 8:38pm On Sep 05, 2016
cool

1 Like

Re: Before You Clock 25. by ladyF(f): 8:38pm On Sep 05, 2016
Number 9

Get 1 FTC on Nairaland. Hehehe grin

It's [size=15pt]LadyF[/size] again grin grin grin

[size=5pt]Make I go continue my search for Skrill funds...freelancers, forexers, biko epp me. N390/$[/size]

4 Likes

Re: Before You Clock 25. by kings09(m): 8:39pm On Sep 05, 2016
All diz superficial rules of life. OP live ur life as u see it n others shld live theirs. Watever one wants to achieve in life, u can @ any age. life ain't a competition. Jst ensure u r fulfilled wen u look back @ wat u v done. All diz do's n dont's na artificial ish. Buhari sef

9 Likes

Re: Before You Clock 25. by Rapmoney(m): 8:39pm On Sep 05, 2016
Op, you have made such a wonderful post here but I disagree with your 5th point!

Not everyone is required to hold on to a particular faith. In fact, it's not a must to belong to any faith...whether you are below 25 or above 83!!! Holding on to a faith comes by conviction; nobody is expected to believe in one faith or the other because he/she is about to turn 25! This is just part of that African mentality that has kept us backward.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Before You Clock 25. by listica(m): 8:40pm On Sep 05, 2016
When u finish writing movie tell me.at 38 nigerian guys r still confused of where to go or to follow.may be ur living in western world. In dis buhari regime u r talking dis tin.may God help u

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Before You Clock 25. by kings09(m): 8:42pm On Sep 05, 2016
U harsh oo
Caravan:

1 Like

Re: Before You Clock 25. by LordDecency(m): 8:42pm On Sep 05, 2016
Bella didn't Do All Of The Above And She's Living Fine.... undecided

1 God First.... Participate In Church Activities {Youth Section Most Especially}

2 Plan Yhur Tomorrow {Have A Goal}

3 Don't Be In A Haste {All Dah Shines Aren't Gold}

4 Go To Beach, Functions, Cinemas,.... {Have Fun.... Avoid STD tongue}

5 Be Bold {Inferiority Complex Is A No....

6 Like The Boss Airforce1 Think Like A Billionaire.... grin

7 Never Yhu Quit.....

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Before You Clock 25. by Tjohnnay: 8:42pm On Sep 05, 2016
undecided
Re: Before You Clock 25. by Ibidapson(m): 8:42pm On Sep 05, 2016
i thought yu wanna say he should have built a mansion and has his bank account smiling like quarter of Mark Zuckerberg own
Re: Before You Clock 25. by veekid(m): 8:42pm On Sep 05, 2016
In addition; before you 25 fvck puccy as fvck as possible like as in just fvck em anyhow

3 Likes

Re: Before You Clock 25. by Whizzdom(m): 8:43pm On Sep 05, 2016
ok
Re: Before You Clock 25. by IHATEPUZZY(m): 8:44pm On Sep 05, 2016
lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Who Will You Give Your Seat To? / What Is Wrong With The Design Of This Chair? / African Snake Catcher Subdues A Cobra With His Bare Hands

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.