Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,864 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:37 PM

Help Help Help - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Help Help Help (662 Views)

Help!!!! Help!!!help!!! / Help! Help! Help! / Help,help, Am In Seriouse Problem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Help Help by shuggah(m): 9:48pm On Sep 12, 2016
Good evening geeks, I have a little problem with my laptop, I was using an Omatek laptop (4gb Ram, 320hdd,1.70ghz processor but issues with the motherboard arose and I couldnt find a replacement or fix the motherboard, so I took it to a technician here in Awka and he advised me to buy a HP laptop from him at a cheap price and exchange d hardware, this was d same advice given to me at neighborhood in Abuja, I took the advice and got the HP, he changed the Ram to my 4gb Ram and the hard disk to my old 320gb and formatted it, and updated the drivers but he didn't remove my old files, my problem is that the new HP now slows down, it starts working well then slows down to the extent that I can't play movies or songs, I dont know whether it's a hardware or software fault, pls I need help asap, I'm thinking of changing the os to windows10.
thanks for reading and helping out.
Re: Help Help Help by shuggah(m): 4:14am On Sep 13, 2016
please someone should help me nah.
Re: Help Help Help by khorlynz(m): 7:08am On Sep 13, 2016
shuggah:
Good evening geeks, I have a little problem with my laptop, I was using an Omatek laptop (4gb Ram, 320hdd,1.70ghz processor but issues with the motherboard arose and I couldnt find a replacement or fix the motherboard, so I took it to a technician here in Awka and he advised me to buy a HP laptop from him at a cheap price and exchange d hardware, this was d same advice given to me at neighborhood in Abuja, I took the advice and got the HP, he changed the Ram to my 4gb Ram and the hard disk to my old 320gb and formatted it, and updated the drivers but he didn't remove my old files, my problem is that the new HP now slows down, it starts working well then slows down to the extent that I can't play movies or songs, I dont know whether it's a hardware or software fault, pls I need help asap, I'm thinking of changing the os to windows10.
thanks for reading and helping out.

@op... it could be hardware or software fault. you never mentioned what application programs you later installed after the engineer sold the Laptop to you. also the compatibility of the processor speed, hard drive and memory do not match. 1.7ghz... common it's too small to hold windows 10. Take it back to the engineer to check for you.
Re: Help Help Help by shuggah(m): 7:36am On Sep 13, 2016
khorlynz:

@op... it could be hardware or software fault. you never mentioned what application programs you later installed after the engineer sold the Laptop to you. also the compatibility of the processor speed, hard drive and memory do not match. 1.7ghz... common it's too small to hold windows 10. Take it back to the engineer to check for you.
u didn't get me clearly, in d old Omatek it was 4gb Ram, 320gb had, 1.70ghz processor on windows 10 nd it was running smoothly and fast, now it's 4gb Ram plus 2.10ghz processor nd 320gb hdd and nw it's windows 7 that I installed, I'm thinking of defragmenting d hard disk, am sure it's nt a hardware fault because I formatted it ND no other apps were pre-installed after the format.

(1) (Reply)

10 Tips On Keeping Your PC, Server, Phone Or Social Media Account Safe. / How Google's Secret Project Sparks Anger Among Workers / Downloading Football Manager 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.