Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,264 members, 7,829,535 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:36 AM

Help With Wordpress Installation - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Help With Wordpress Installation (733 Views)

25 Legit Ways To Make Money Online Blogging With Wordpress And Blogger / Anyone With Wordpress Newsmag Latest Edition For Sale? / Learn How To Design Website With Wordpress Training Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help With Wordpress Installation by kennykendo(m): 7:47pm On Sep 20, 2016
Good day webmasters
I have a web site okay and I want to ask, if I have already designed a home page. and WordPress isn't installed yet..and later I decide to install WordPress on my website.. do I install it in the root folder of public_html or is there a specific folder for installation that won't affect any already existing pages?
my reason for asking is because my colleague installed WordPress via SOFTACULOUS on her cpanel and the next thing.. her homepage wasn't showing from the website visitor's end..
she now had to uninstall WordPress totally...
And I am aware, there are WordPress plugins to optimise your site for both mobile and desktop view instead of creating both desktop and mobile sites which could be stressful..
the main question is where do I install WordPress on the site...
thanks
Re: Help With Wordpress Installation by Amastermovic(m): 7:57pm On Sep 20, 2016
put the link to website for me to understand ur questions better
Re: Help With Wordpress Installation by hollyfat(m): 7:58pm On Sep 20, 2016
You can install wordpress into another directory
Re: Help With Wordpress Installation by KvnqPrezo(m): 8:01pm On Sep 20, 2016
It's simple!
You can create new page using WordPress but if have a homepage already then install WordPress to a sub domain..
www.yoursite.com/blog or blog.yoursite.com
That's it
Re: Help With Wordpress Installation by kennykendo(m): 8:09pm On Sep 20, 2016
KvnqPrezo:
It's simple!
You can create new page using WordPress but if have a homepage already then install WordPress to a sub domain..
www.yoursite.com/blog or blog.yoursite.com
That's it

thanks so if I install it in www.thesite.com/blog or blog.thesite.com. will any WordPress plugin I install function on every page on the site or will the plugins only function in the pages in the directory or subdomain where I installed the WordPress...?
Re: Help With Wordpress Installation by kennykendo(m): 8:10pm On Sep 20, 2016
Amastermovic:
put the link to website for me to understand ur questions better

hello sir I have retailored the question
Re: Help With Wordpress Installation by KvnqPrezo(m): 8:18pm On Sep 20, 2016
kennykendo:

thanks so if I install it in www.thesite.com/blog or blog.thesite.com. will any WordPress plugin I install function on every page on the site or will the plugins only function in the pages in the directory or subdomain where I installed the WordPress...?
The plugins won't show in your front page because it's not powered by WordPress..it will only show on pages related to WP..
It's better you create a new page with WordPress and then customize it so that when users visit site it will direct them to the page....if there's any problem ask more!!
Re: Help With Wordpress Installation by Amastermovic(m): 9:10pm On Sep 20, 2016
@ KvnqPrezo said it all.. u will have a customized home page and link to your blog on it or make home page with wp and create a page and input on the header

1 Like

Re: Help With Wordpress Installation by kennykendo(m): 10:35pm On Sep 20, 2016
KvnqPrezo:

The plugins won't show in your front page because it's not powered by WordPress..it will only show on pages related to WP..
It's better you create a new page with WordPress and then customize it so that when users visit site it will direct them to the page....if there's any problem ask more!!

so uhm two more questions
1. must I take down my pages install WordPress and re-upload my pages though it's just 3pages.. for WordPress to be available all through. my site

2. if I design pages with an offline html editor... will WordPress over ride the designed pages when I upload them
Re: Help With Wordpress Installation by KvnqPrezo(m): 11:14pm On Sep 20, 2016
kennykendo:

so uhm two more questions
1. must I take down my pages install WordPress and re-upload my pages though it's just 3pages.. for WordPress to be available all through. my site

2. if I design pages with an offline html editor... will WordPress over ride the designed pages when I upload them

Definitely it will affect the pages, you need to start designing new page immediately you Install wp...
What do you want to do with the page?
NB- Any changes you make on the WordPress wouldn't appear on those page you created that's if you're using blog.yoursite.com or www.yoursite.com/blog.,.

What do want to use the page for?? Lemme know what to say
Re: Help With Wordpress Installation by kennykendo(m): 11:22pm On Sep 20, 2016
KvnqPrezo:

Definitely it will affect the pages, you need to start designing new page immediately you Install wp...
What do you want to do with the page?
NB- Any changes you make on the WordPress wouldn't appear on those page you created that's if you're using blog.yoursite.com or www.yoursite.com/blog.,.

What do want to use the page for?? Lemme know what to say

it's a business blog... for information marketing as well as other stuff ...u get the idea?
Re: Help With Wordpress Installation by KvnqPrezo(m): 11:29pm On Sep 20, 2016
kennykendo:

it's a business blog... for information marketing as well as other stuff ...u get the idea?

What is gonna be displayed on the page you've created

Blog post
Re: Help With Wordpress Installation by kennykendo(m): 11:35pm On Sep 20, 2016
KvnqPrezo:

What is gonna be displayed on the page you've created

Blog post

ya blog posts... if I write on topics that are viable and I have info to sell, there will be links to the sales page of course ...on the same website..
Re: Help With Wordpress Installation by KvnqPrezo(m): 11:39pm On Sep 20, 2016
kennykendo:

ya blog posts... if I write on topics that are viable and I have info to sell, there will be links to the sales page of course ...on the same website..

This is easy!

Discard the page you created and install WordPress...
After install create new page for blog post...
I'm willing to help 100%
I'll teach you how to make plugins appear on only one page... Just install wp first
Re: Help With Wordpress Installation by kennykendo(m): 11:46pm On Sep 20, 2016
KvnqPrezo:

This is easy!

Discard the page you created and install WordPress...
After install create new page for blog post...
I'm willing to help 100%
I'll teach you how to make plugins appear on only one page... Just install wp first

Aii thanks..
but one more thing after installing WordPress must I do my design with WordPress or.. can I use my html editor to design and upload.....

(1) (Reply)

How Reliable Is Qservers / I Can Make Google Adsense Appear On Opera Mini/Mobile Browsers For U / How To Add Links In Comments In Blogger Blog

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.