Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,179 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:19 AM

C++ & Gui - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / C++ & Gui (883 Views)

Hope For C++ Newbies: Gui Toolkits / How To Create A Small Gui(graphical User Interface) Using Jframe In Java Program / How To Create A Simple Calculator Using Java Programing Language GUI (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

C++ & Gui by henryexe: 4:24pm On Oct 13, 2009
I have been doing C++ for sometime now and I am looking to start developing some GUI driven programs.

I found out about some tools like MFC, Qt, GTK. I know there are C++ developers here in nairaland who might have used these tools.

I will like to know the pros n cons of each n their prospects in the Nigerian market?
Re: C++ & Gui by sweetpawn2: 1:18am On Oct 14, 2009
Dude,
First of all ,please stop spaming! Even as a programmer you know redundancy must always be avoided!
There is no need to repeat unwanted data. From ur user name, one could mistake you for a virus and ignore ur posts!
Secondly, I'd advise you to use better tools for gui development like java and vb. C++ for gui is like using a bicycle to travel long distance when we have planes.
Re: C++ & Gui by henryexe: 12:10pm On Oct 14, 2009
I did not post it repeatedly on purpose I was having a network problem,
Re: C++ & Gui by Nobody: 4:36pm On Oct 14, 2009
Is it me or did that feel personal.I don't believe one tool is better than the other.Depends on how good you are.Though am stale in c++ but qt was built for gui in mind and it's the best now that's what powering the next gen nokia symbian interface,maemo and pc app.Ovi suite and nimbuzz were built on qt.Also you can deploy easily to other operating system.Best part is easy integration with other technologies xml,opengl,python,and lots more.Microsoft foundation class is nice but feels outdated but who knows like i said long since i've been on that but qt is tight go to thier site.
Re: C++ & Gui by solomon201(m): 5:59pm On Oct 14, 2009
EXACTLY,

Qt is the bomb wen it comes to GUI google it and u will be amazed with what it can do PC guru said it all u can integrate many things with it.

@ sweet_pawn.
Dont discourage the poster about C++ if u dont have any thing to give about his question just dont post,
Re: C++ & Gui by Nobody: 6:46pm On Oct 14, 2009
sweet_pawn:

Dude,
First of all ,please stop spaming! Even as a programmer you know redundancy must always be avoided!
There is no need to repeat unwanted data. From your user name, one could mistake you for a virus and ignore your posts!
Secondly, I'd advise you to use better tools for gui development like java and vb. C++ for gui is like using a bicycle to travel long distance when we have planes.
except working from the command line, java's swing needs some rest

QT anyday

(1) (Reply)

Where Can I Learn Acl And Sql In Lagos / Should Nairaland Have A Mobile App? / Php IDE And Apache Mysql And Php Stack For Java Phones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.