Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,035 members, 7,807,105 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:35 AM

Native JAVA Android Developers - Let Us Discuss Techie Stuffs - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Native JAVA Android Developers - Let Us Discuss Techie Stuffs (2813 Views)

Free Online Training For Html/css, Javascript, Jquery, Mysql, Php, Java, Android / Kotlin For Android Developers By Antonio Leiva" Ebook(pdf). / Learn Java/android (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Native JAVA Android Developers - Let Us Discuss Techie Stuffs by Nobody: 7:33pm On Sep 26, 2016
I wonder if we have any native java android developer here, let us talk JAVA small.
Maybe we can even get to share some libraries.
Re: Native JAVA Android Developers - Let Us Discuss Techie Stuffs by FrankLampard: 10:13pm On Sep 26, 2016
dhtml18:
I wonder if we have any native java android developer here, let us talk JAVA small.
Maybe we can even get to share some libraries.

I have an App idea, I don't know if I should go native way or just hybrid.
Re: Native JAVA Android Developers - Let Us Discuss Techie Stuffs by seunthomas: 10:24pm On Sep 26, 2016
FrankLampard:

I have an App idea, I don't know if I should go native way or just hybrid.
Always stick with native. In the short term, hybrid gets you faster to the market plus the sheer allure of cross-platform, but native apps always perform better than hybrid on the device. Also stay away from the new cross-platform native sdks like xamarin. They create problems on the long run. The last thing you want is to build a successful app and have to hurry to build the native version because of user complaints.
Re: Native JAVA Android Developers - Let Us Discuss Techie Stuffs by Nobody: 10:32pm On Sep 26, 2016
seunthomas:

Always stick with native. In the short term, hybrid gets you faster to the market plus the sheer allure of cross-platform, but native apps always perform better than hybrid on the device. Also stay away from the new cross-platform native sdks like xamarin. They create problems on the long run. The last thing you want is to build a successful app and have to hurry to build the native version because of user complaints.
Exactly, you are very much on point
Re: Native JAVA Android Developers - Let Us Discuss Techie Stuffs by KvnqPrezo(m): 9:17pm On Sep 27, 2016
I want to create my first project..
An android app (to-do list) but don't know how to make it work as Android app...
And I'll be using JavaScript..
Please what's the steps.. I know how to design and code the stuff..
Re: Native JAVA Android Developers - Let Us Discuss Techie Stuffs by FincoApps(m): 9:50pm On Sep 27, 2016
KvnqPrezo:
I want to create my first project..
An android app (to-do list) but don't know how to make it work as Android app...
And I'll be using JavaScript..
Please what's the steps.. I know how to design and code the stuff..

Have you checked out Phonegap ?
Re: Native JAVA Android Developers - Let Us Discuss Techie Stuffs by FincoApps(m): 9:54pm On Sep 27, 2016
seunthomas:

It depends on the App idea.... Hybrid apps generally seem to perform poorly because it is TOO DAMN easy to create a crappy Hybrid App.....

But I tell you, there are some that perform just as good as native... I agree, it's really difficult to see such, but I have
Re: Native JAVA Android Developers - Let Us Discuss Techie Stuffs by KvnqPrezo(m): 10:04pm On Sep 27, 2016
FincoApps:

Have you checked out Phonegap ?
I don't know about it and how it works
Re: Native JAVA Android Developers - Let Us Discuss Techie Stuffs by FincoApps(m): 10:34pm On Sep 27, 2016
KvnqPrezo:

Just simply do some research on it... basically, it's a framework to make your web project written in (HTML, CSS and Javascript) to run as an Application on a smartphone....

The whole App actually runs on a webview thus it has limited resources compared to Native Apps.... That's why if you create a Phonegap app just the way you create websites, you would experience a lot of performance issues
Re: Native JAVA Android Developers - Let Us Discuss Techie Stuffs by seunthomas: 10:36pm On Sep 27, 2016
FincoApps:

It depends on the App idea.... Hybrid apps generally seem to perform poorly because it is TOO DAMN easy to create a crappy Hybrid App.....

But I tell you, there are some that perform just as good as native... I agree, it's really difficult to see such, but I have

You are the biggest rookie i have met. Mind you i contributed code to the original phonegap till it was moved to apache cordova.

You cant make a performing hybrid app that would be half as good as a native app.(I stand to be corrected).

Native apps can be optimized so much that they are near perfect.

And the challenge with hybrid apps is that they will perform differently on different devices.

Maybe you should try testing on devices with 1GB ram or less and comeback here and make the same statement.
Re: Native JAVA Android Developers - Let Us Discuss Techie Stuffs by seunthomas: 10:37pm On Sep 27, 2016
KvnqPrezo:

If you can afford to spend time and stress of learning native development, please go into native development straight away.
Re: Native JAVA Android Developers - Let Us Discuss Techie Stuffs by KvnqPrezo(m): 10:38pm On Sep 27, 2016
FincoApps:

Just simply do some research on it... basically, it's a framework to make your web project written in (HTML, CSS and Javascript) to run as an Application on a smartphone....

The whole App actually runs on a webview thus it has limited resources compared to Native Apps.... That's why if you create a Phonegap app just the way you create websites, you would experience a lot of performance issues
Okay
Re: Native JAVA Android Developers - Let Us Discuss Techie Stuffs by KvnqPrezo(m): 10:39pm On Sep 27, 2016
seunthomas:

If you can afford to spend time and stress of learning native development, please go into native development straight away.
And you're are now confusing me...
I don't know the difference between native and hybrid...
Re: Native JAVA Android Developers - Let Us Discuss Techie Stuffs by seunthomas: 10:46pm On Sep 27, 2016
KvnqPrezo:

And you're are now confusing me...
I don't know the difference between native and hybrid...
Native apps use the official SDK from android or ios. Hybrid apps use the webview which is part of the official SDK.
A webview is a browser. Most of the webviews are based upon webkit and some even have the v8 engine as their javascript engine.
A hybrid app is just a web app thats running in an android app. The issue they have is the native-js bridge.
Your first lesson you probably learn when comparing programming languages is that
c is faster than java and assembly faster than c.
This is true because with assembly you are already at the machine level.
C is converted to binary but via assembly so its still a stage higher.
Now java is first of all converted to another intermediary form(byte code) and byte code is then assemled.
Within all this stages time is wasted although very small in most cases.

Its the same with Hybrid apps. Hybrid apps talk with java in case of android or objective c in case of IOS via a bridge.

The delay between the bridge causes lag in the apps and sometimes apps maybe very sluggish.
Re: Native JAVA Android Developers - Let Us Discuss Techie Stuffs by FincoApps(m): 10:48pm On Sep 27, 2016
seunthomas:

You are the biggest rookie i have met. Mind you i contributed code to the original phonegap till it was moved to apache cordova.

You cant make a performing hybrid app that would be half as good as a native app.(I stand to be corrected).

Native apps can be optimized so much that they are near perfect.

And the challenge with hybrid apps is that they will perform differently on different devices.

Maybe you should try testing on devices with 1GB ram or less and comeback here and make the same statement.

LOL why are you calling me a rookie now..... I know about Phonegap apps not performing well on Less privileged devices but first of all

I'm considering majority of devices we have around
Secondly, creating plugins can fix the rest mehn... it's all about the approach

Lastly I think you are retarded and it's a waste of time trying to make communicate with you
Re: Native JAVA Android Developers - Let Us Discuss Techie Stuffs by seunthomas: 10:50pm On Sep 27, 2016
FincoApps:

LOL why are you calling me a rookie now..... I know about Phonegap apps not performing well on Less privileged devices but first of all

I'm considering majority of devices we have around
Secondly, creating plugins can fix the rest mehn... it's all about the approach

Lastly I think you are retarded and it's a waste of time trying to make communicate with you

Do you know i get angry with people like you??

Its because you dont know much and you are misinforming people.

Thats why i get pissed and vexed........

Look who is call someone a retard.

By all standards am not your mate when it comes to programming so please go and look in a mirror and make that statement.

1 Like

Re: Native JAVA Android Developers - Let Us Discuss Techie Stuffs by KvnqPrezo(m): 10:51pm On Sep 27, 2016
seunthomas:

Native apps use the official SDK from android or ios. Hybrid apps use the webview which is part of the official SDK.
A webview is a browser. Most of the webviews are based upon webkit and some even have the v8 engine as their javascript engine.
A hybrid app is just a web app thats running in an android app. The issue they have is the native-js bridge.
Your first lesson you probably learn when comparing programming languages is that
c is faster than java and assembly faster than c.
This is true because with assembly you are already at the machine level.
C is converted to binary but via assembly so its still a stage higher.
Now java is first of all converted to another intermediary form(byte code) and byte code is then assemled.
Within all this stages time is wasted although very small in most cases.

Its the same with Hybrid apps. Hybrid apps talk with java in case of android or objective c in case of IOS via a bridge.

The delay between the bridge causes lag in the apps and sometimes apps maybe very sluggish.
Thanks so much..
Re: Native JAVA Android Developers - Let Us Discuss Techie Stuffs by seunthomas: 10:51pm On Sep 27, 2016
Did NL just censor me??
Re: Native JAVA Android Developers - Let Us Discuss Techie Stuffs by FincoApps(m): 11:02pm On Sep 27, 2016
seunthomas:

By all standards am not your mate when it comes to programming so please go and look in a mirror and make that statement.

Who's flexing muscles with you in programming, who ever mentioned I'm a programmer to you ?.... I'm sure you were one of those daft bullies when you were younger....

Someone as knowledgeable as you are don't deserve such insults but you always find a way to sound dumb....

Well like I said you are too slow to pay attention to, so I'll just shift and ignore you
Re: Native JAVA Android Developers - Let Us Discuss Techie Stuffs by seunthomas: 11:15pm On Sep 27, 2016
FincoApps:

Who's flexing muscles with you in programming, who ever mentioned I'm a programmer to you ?.... I'm sure you were one of those daft bullies when you were younger....

Someone as knowledgeable as you are don't deserve such insults but you always find a way to sound dumb
I know you are a programmer. Except you have been lying...
Re: Native JAVA Android Developers - Let Us Discuss Techie Stuffs by Nobody: 8:01am On Sep 28, 2016
You guys have started e-fight on my thread again. . . . . .you are all hereby charged for TROLLING on my thread
Re: Native JAVA Android Developers - Let Us Discuss Techie Stuffs by FincoApps(m): 8:14am On Sep 28, 2016
dhtml18:
You guys have started e-fight on my thread again. . . . . .you are all hereby charged for TROLLING on my thread

Sorry mehn,

I decided to surrender so you can have your thread back cheesy
Re: Native JAVA Android Developers - Let Us Discuss Techie Stuffs by FrankLampard: 8:50am On Sep 28, 2016
seunThomas are you an Android Developer?
Re: Native JAVA Android Developers - Let Us Discuss Techie Stuffs by Fedric(m): 1:04pm On Sep 28, 2016
Re: Native JAVA Android Developers - Let Us Discuss Techie Stuffs by Nobody: 1:06pm On Sep 28, 2016
The dude below me will answer your question

1 Like

Re: Native JAVA Android Developers - Let Us Discuss Techie Stuffs by lekropasky(m): 4:44pm On Sep 28, 2016
seunthomas:

You dont need to keep telling everyone how great you are as a programmer. He thought its a waste of time trying communicate with you, then just leave him. You dont have to tell him hes a kid to you at programming. It doesnt make sense to me.

1 Like

Re: Native JAVA Android Developers - Let Us Discuss Techie Stuffs by Darangi007: 5:45pm On Sep 28, 2016
seunthomas:

What kind of problem? The apps look and feel native(the ones built with xamarin)
Re: Native JAVA Android Developers - Let Us Discuss Techie Stuffs by israelboy1(m): 6:39pm On Sep 28, 2016
make i carry my big CHAIR...sit down here....

using this libraryhttps://github.com/meshileya/awesome-android-ui for material design ish .....is just like...a MODEL...crushing on me...lolzzz grin grin grin
Re: Native JAVA Android Developers - Let Us Discuss Techie Stuffs by israelboy1(m): 6:43pm On Sep 28, 2016
Darangi007:

What kind of problem? The apps look and feel native(the ones built with xamarin)

like, my own thought is using c# to build android..with the help of xamarin...is still like routing through the native way ...or are they different? shocked shocked shocked
Re: Native JAVA Android Developers - Let Us Discuss Techie Stuffs by FrankLampard: 10:41pm On Sep 28, 2016
israelboy1:
make i carry my big CHAIR...sit down here....

using this libraryhttps://github.com/meshileya/awesome-android-ui for material design ish .....is just like...a MODEL...crushing on me...lolzzz grin grin grin

Best contribution so far. Thank you for sharing.
Re: Native JAVA Android Developers - Let Us Discuss Techie Stuffs by seunthomas: 9:46am On Sep 29, 2016
Darangi007:

Xamarin is the closest to native apps. It actually converts to assembly on ios and bundled the .net runtime on android. It however can not compete speed wise with truely native apps. The point is once you go cross platform, you must be ready for trade offs which in many cases include speed/performance issues.
Re: Native JAVA Android Developers - Let Us Discuss Techie Stuffs by nnamokenna(m): 10:05am On Sep 29, 2016
@seunthomas and @dhtml18, is any of you good at PHP? Using MVC. There is a problem I would need your help with please. Thank you.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Creating Interactive Cd Using Flash / Are Nairaland Tech Guru's Truly Wicked / Html/css/javascript Tic-tac-toe Project

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.