Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,305 members, 7,811,900 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:50 PM

I'm About To Make A Life Decision, PLEASE Advice Me! - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I'm About To Make A Life Decision, PLEASE Advice Me! (1483 Views)

I'm About To Be Scammed? / 80k Job In Sokoto Or Relocate To Abuja To Hustle Please Advice. / Got 2 New Job Offers...pls Advice Me On Which One To Take (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm About To Make A Life Decision, PLEASE Advice Me! by Toluwani113: 10:16am On Sep 27, 2016
Thanks for your interest in this thread, please i applied for vacancy as an IT student in a company since last year, but I got no response from them until 2 days ago that I should come for interview yesterday.

After getting to the company, i was told to write a test, and finally I was led to the interview room.

Today, I received a call from them that I should bring my Original ND Result by 12 noon.

The main problem now is that I obtained both Poly HND Form & OAU Admission Form but if OAU admits me, they'll resume by next year (probably August)
IF polytechnic admits me, they'll resume in November this year.

Now, should I go for the job or wait for admission list.

Thanks
Re: I'm About To Make A Life Decision, PLEASE Advice Me! by ajasbaba(m): 10:31am On Sep 27, 2016
HMMMM,

GUY IT is temporary,and if you are sure of admission after 1yr,i advice you make your small change before going back to school.

guy the country hard ohhhhhh.

think smart.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm About To Make A Life Decision, PLEASE Advice Me! by Toluwani113: 10:41am On Sep 27, 2016
ajasbaba:
HMMMM,

GUY IT is temporary,and if you are sure of admission after 1yr,i advice you make your small change before going back to school.

guy the country hard ohhhhhh.

think smart.
I'm really confused
Re: I'm About To Make A Life Decision, PLEASE Advice Me! by kolaish(m): 10:42am On Sep 27, 2016
That ND you are carrying is just a step above school cert. Concentrate on your admission if you have the means to go for it. Do not use your today to jeopardize your tomorrow.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I'm About To Make A Life Decision, PLEASE Advice Me! by Toluwani113: 10:43am On Sep 27, 2016
Lalasticalala
Mynd44
Dominique

Please for God sake, move it to FP I'm in a state of confusion
Re: I'm About To Make A Life Decision, PLEASE Advice Me! by Toluwani113: 10:43am On Sep 27, 2016
kolaish:
That ND you are carrying is just a step above school cert. Concentrate on your admission if you have the means to go for it. Do not use your today to jeopardize your tomorrow.
Huum
Thanks a lot
Re: I'm About To Make A Life Decision, PLEASE Advice Me! by iPrevail(m): 10:50am On Sep 27, 2016
Dunno the right things to say but lemme try..

First of all, I see a lot of "IFs".. Uncertainty.

I got some questions of my own.

1. How much is this company paying? Is it really worth it?

2. If, eventually, as a result of accepting the IT offer, you miss your admission.. Do you trust yourself to pass JAMB next year?

3. What will you regret most in the long run if things go sideways.. Losing the admission or not accepting the IT offer?

Answer these questions and you may find the answer you seek.

But one thing seems obvious to me.. The admissions are probabilities. The IT placement tho, you seem to have that one secured already. There is this thing they say about a bird in hand..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I'm About To Make A Life Decision, PLEASE Advice Me! by Toluwani113: 10:55am On Sep 27, 2016
iPrevail:
Dunno the right things to say but lemme try..

First of all, I see a lot of "IFs".. Uncertainty.

I got some questions of my own.

1. How much is this company paying? Is it really worth it?

2. If, eventually, as a result of accepting the IT offer, you miss your admission.. Do you trust yourself to pass JAMB next year?

3. What will you regret most in the long run if things go sideways.. Losing the admission or not accepting the IT offer?

Answer these questions and you may find the answer you seek.

But one thing seems obvious to me.. The admissions are probabilities. The IT placement tho, you seem to have that one secured already. There is this thing they say about a bird in hand..

1. Yes
2.Yes
3. Admission

Note:
Its a permanent position, not IT anymore
Re: I'm About To Make A Life Decision, PLEASE Advice Me! by iPrevail(m): 11:05am On Sep 27, 2016
Toluwani113:

1. Yes
2.Yes
3. Admission

Note:

Well, you were supposed to answer thpse to yourself and make a decision. But what the heck.. undecided

Dude.. Take the job. There is nothing to be confused about here, trust me.
If you waste time someone else would.

Dude.. You see where this country is going? Education is a great stuff and all, but there are no assurances. Thousands of intelligent graduates are roaming the streets.

Besides, if you are smart, I hope you are, you'll invest your earnings wisely and can still be a PhD holder in the future.

Take the job!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I'm About To Make A Life Decision, PLEASE Advice Me! by nasyl(m): 1:18pm On Sep 27, 2016
op,

others have given you great insight already.

my advice might seem silly but you can give it a try.

just go to the corner of your room and pray about it. nobody knows what will happen to the coy or admission tmw. That s why you need to talk to the One that knows. Its a serious decision that can shape your destiny.

my 2 cent!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I'm About To Make A Life Decision, PLEASE Advice Me! by Nobody: 1:33pm On Sep 27, 2016
Toluwani113:

1. Yes
2.Yes
3. Admission

Note:

Accept the job offer.

Use your ND certificate to apply for part time admission and run your university education and your job concurrently.

I can tell you one thing, it is far easier to get an admission in this country than getting a job.
Moreover, the admission you are even yet to get is just a means to an end, the end in this case is the job which you are already certain of getting.

Go for the job, if you are eventually admitted, try to see if you can switch from a full time student to part-time. If not possible, write jamb next year and apply for part-time or DLI. By the time you will be done with school, you will be armored with around 3 years work experience and enough money to stand as a man. Win - Win. cool

Lastmumu

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm About To Make A Life Decision, PLEASE Advice Me! by Zirah: 1:39pm On Sep 27, 2016
Not dicey at all. A bird at hand is worth millions in the bush! Even if OAU will be admitting you tomorrow, accept the job offer today and let the morrow care for itself!

When you get your admission letter, dump the company. The coy will take care of its loss when you're gone. But by then you'd have killed two birds with one stone!!!

Toluwani113:
Thanks for your interest in this thread, please i applied for vacancy as an IT student in a company since last year, but I got no response from them until 2 days ago that I should come for interview yesterday.

After getting to the company, i was told to write a test, and finally I was led to the interview room.

Today, I received a call from them that I should bring my Original ND Result by 12 noon.

The main problem now is that I obtained both Poly HND Form & OAU Admission Form but if OAU admits me, they'll resume by next year (probably August)
IF polytechnic admits me, they'll resume in November this year.

Now, should I go for the job or wait for admission list.

Thanks

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I'm About To Make A Life Decision, PLEASE Advice Me! by DozieInc(m): 9:12pm On Sep 27, 2016
School and work can Play.

(1) (Reply)

Imperial Home Graduate Trainee Assessment.. / Temporary Job Offer / Job Opportunities Abounds In Canada !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.