Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,771 members, 7,809,972 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:03 PM

The Value Of Obedience - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Value Of Obedience (765 Views)

The Root Of Obedience - Paul Ellis / The Blessings Of Obedience: 6 Good Results Of Obeying God's Word / Principles Of Obedience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Value Of Obedience by yommyuk: 6:03am On Sep 30, 2016
Despite his years of fishing experience, Peter returned from a night’s work with nothing to show for it. The Lord’s request to let the nets down one more time perhaps struck him as unreasonable after all, Peter and his partners were the professionals.
Nevertheless, he complied, and his obedience blessed many.

Scripture demonstrates that divine plans often defy human logic. For instance, who would design a battle strategy that involved only marching and shouting? God told Joshua to conquer Jericho that way, and doing so proved successful .

Moses is another example. When he felt unsure about his leadership potential, the Lord gave reassurance in an unusual way—by telling him to throw down his walking stick. When Moses obeyed, God powerfully confirmed His choice of a leader.

Our Father may ask us to do something that seems illogical—perhaps to accept more responsibility when we were hoping to reduce our workload, to leave a position that He provided just recently, or to take on an assignment for which we feel ill-equipped. His plan might feel unrealistic in view of our age, stage of life, or health concerns. We must press forward in obedience, regardless of how impractical the request may appear.

To grasp the importance of obeying, think about children receiving instructions from parents or teachers. Careful listening is needed for the task to be done safely and properly. Some steps may seem pointless, but the rationale often becomes clear later. Always make obeying God your priority.

JOSHUA 6:1-5
Now Jericho was straitly shut up because of the children of Israel: none went out, and none came in.
2 And the LORD said unto Joshua, See, I have given into thine hand Jericho, and the king thereof, and the mighty men of valour.
3 And ye shall compass the city, all ye men of war, and go round about the city once. Thus shalt thou do six days.
4 And seven priests shall bear before the ark seven trumpets of rams' horns: and the seventh day ye shall compass the city seven times, and the priests shall blow with the trumpets.
5 And it shall come to pass, that when they make a long blast with the ram's horn, and when ye hear the sound of the trumpet, all the people shall shout with a great shout; and the wall of the city shall fall down flat, and the people shall ascend up every man straight before him.

EXODUS 4:1-9
And Moses answered and said, But, behold, they will not believe me, nor hearken unto my voice: for they will say, The LORD hath not appeared unto thee.
2 And the LORD said unto him, What is that in thine hand? And he said, A rod.
3 And he said, Cast it on the ground. And he cast it on the ground, and it became a serpent; and Moses fled from before it.
4 And the LORD said unto Moses, Put forth thine hand, and take it by the tail. And he put forth his hand, and caught it, and it became a rod in his hand:
5 That they may believe that the LORD God of their fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, hath appeared unto thee.
6 And the LORD said furthermore unto him, Put now thine hand into thy bosom. And he put his hand into his bosom: and when he took it out, behold, his hand was leprous as snow.
7 And he said, Put thine hand into thy bosom again. And he put his hand into his bosom again; and plucked it out of his bosom, and, behold, it was turned again as his other flesh.
8 And it shall come to pass, if they will not believe thee, neither hearken to the voice of the first sign, that they will believe the voice of the latter sign.
9 And it shall come to pass, if they will not believe also these two signs, neither hearken unto thy voice, that thou shalt take of the water of the river, and pour it upon the dry land: and the water which thou takest out of the river shall become blood upon the dry land.

Matthew 19:26
Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."

IT IS WELL. GOD BLESS wink
Re: The Value Of Obedience by Kay17: 6:08am On Sep 30, 2016
You didn't do justice to this value of obedience. You failed to deal with the difficulty and righteousness of disobedience.

Look at the Abraham story with his son Isaac
Re: The Value Of Obedience by yommyuk: 11:06am On Sep 30, 2016
Kay17:
You didn't do justice to this value of obedience. You failed to deal with the difficulty and righteousness of disobedience.

Look at the Abraham story with his son Isaac

In as much as I respect your opinion, your feedback on my post is illogical.

The message my post is conveying is that the ways of God is mysterious, his ways no one can comprehend, but those who trust and believe in him, shall never fail in life.

What do you mean by "difficulty and righteousness of disobedience"?
What is the link between "righteousness" and "disobedience"?
I humble myself to be schooled.
Re: The Value Of Obedience by Kay17: 2:18pm On Sep 30, 2016
yommyuk:

In as much as I respect your opinion, your feedback on my post is illogical.

The message my post is conveying is that the ways of God is mysterious, his ways no one can comprehend, but those who trust and believe in him, shall never fail in life.

What do you mean by "difficulty and righteousness of disobedience"?
What is the link between "righteousness" and "disobedience"?
I humble myself to be schooled.

I apologize for my unclear prior post.

I think obedience can be a vehicle for evil. Look at Abraham's example. If he was not timely stopped from killing his child he would have committed the evil of murder. Aside from that I believe a prerequisite for goodness is courage. Courage to turn against the current and for good.

An addition issue is the opaqueness of divine communication. God does not come down to earth to instruct us. Rather he works through signs and through the conscience.
Re: The Value Of Obedience by yommyuk: 10:04am On Oct 01, 2016
Kay17:

I apologize for my unclear prior post.

I think obedience can be a vehicle for evil. Look at Abraham's example. If he was not timely stopped from killing his child he would have committed the evil of murder. Aside from that I believe a prerequisite for goodness is courage. Courage to turn against the current and for good.

An addition issue is the opaqueness of divine communication. God does not come down to earth to instruct us. Rather he works through signs and through the conscience.

Obedience can never lead the righteous to encounter evil. However, it depends on whom/what one is obeying. If it is the Most High God, evil can never manifest. But if evil shows up, HE that is in us is greater than he that is in the world. We are more than conquerors through Christ who strengthens us. We are created and born to overcome evil in Jesus name - Amen and a big Halleluyah to that.

Courage is a key element of obedience. Sometimes it takes inner strength(Holy Spirit) to act in obedience. Especially when the majority are in the wrong. But that should not come as a surprise, because the road that leads to hell is broad and the road that leads to heaven is narrow. And we are informed that majority take the former and the minority take the latter.

Finally, in regards to how God communicates, God does come down in Spirit. He came down in human flesh(Christ), went back up and promised to down as the Holy Spirit. That is why we who are in the know refer to the Holy Spirit as a HE. It is via the Holy spirit that he communicates, works through signs and dwells in our consciences.

Psalm 28:7
The Lord is my strength and my shield; in him my heart trusts, and I am helped; my heart exults, and with my song I give thanks to him.

It is well bro cool

(1) (Reply)

Freed From Homosexuality: TB Joshua Deliverance / 17 Ways To Raise A Godly Children / Seven Qualities That Allah Loves

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.