Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,272 members, 7,807,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:38 PM

My 2 Months Old German Shepherd Refuses To Eat - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / My 2 Months Old German Shepherd Refuses To Eat (3428 Views)

Rabbit Killed By My 3-Year-Old German Shepherd (Photos) / Cat Refuses To Leave The Grave Site Of Its Owner In Malaysia (Video) / My Male Dog Refuses To Mount Females In Heat (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My 2 Months Old German Shepherd Refuses To Eat by Andyblaze: 2:41pm On Oct 08, 2016
Please help
i have given her multivitamin after deworming yet it rarely eats
Re: My 2 Months Old German Shepherd Refuses To Eat by Seun(m): 8:12pm On Oct 08, 2016
What are you feeding her? How do you determine the quantity she should eat? How much does she eat? When did she stop eating well?

Could you switch her to canned puppy food? If she doesn't eat that, then you should definitely call the vet. If she eats it, she's just fussy.
Re: My 2 Months Old German Shepherd Refuses To Eat by Nastydroid(m): 8:24pm On Oct 08, 2016
Andyblaze:
Please help

i have given her multivitamin after deworming yet it rarely eats
give her breast milk wink wink
Re: My 2 Months Old German Shepherd Refuses To Eat by Andyblaze: 10:51pm On Oct 08, 2016
Seun:
What are you feeding her? How do you determine the quantity she should eat? How much does she eat? When did she stop eating well?

Could you switch her to canned puppy food? If she doesn't eat that, then you should definitely call the vet. If she eats it, she's just fussy.

I got her on Wednesday and ever since then, I've served her Rice, she didnt taste it, gave her Beans she didn't, But when i gave it Garri and Soup it Licked the soup but still didnt eat the garri, Today i got it "Meat" especially "fat" and it ate it in the morning but has refused to eat upto tonight. I am yet to give her Canned food though.

I feel as a puppy she should eat alot but she eats just little and it rarely runs around or plays around, always lying down at one spot or another and she is easily scared
Re: My 2 Months Old German Shepherd Refuses To Eat by Seun(m): 11:36pm On Oct 08, 2016
The fact that she is not playing shows that your puppy is starving and will probably die if you don't spring into action.

I'm shocked that the person who sold you the puppy didn't give you any idea of how to feed her. Dogs are carnivores; they don't eat rice and beans or garri. They eat meat but they will also eat rice or indomie if it's mixed with shawa/titus fish, chicken, or meat. I'm shocked that it took 3 days for you to realize that she needs "meat". Can you post a picture of the "meat" you fed her so we can tell you why she's not eating it? I hope you didn't include any beef bones with the "meat". Please post the picture of the puppy as well, so we can predict the time she will die. assess the situation.

I urge you to switch to canned puppy food as early as tomorrow if possible. Your instincts about what to feed a dog are completely wrong.

Here's what you should feed her tonight: mix a small amount of cooked rice (not indomie unless it's crushed) with a tin or two of canned sardine.

She needs canned food. It contains all the protein and vitamins she needs, and is palatable. You can start economizing when she's fully grown. Hope this is not too harsh? It's because your puppy's life is at stake.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My 2 Months Old German Shepherd Refuses To Eat by iheanyi40(m): 1:13am On Oct 09, 2016
Seun:
The fact that she is not playing shows that your puppy is starving and will probably die if you don't spring into action.

I'm shocked that the person who sold you the puppy didn't give you any idea of how to feed her. Dogs are carnivores; they don't eat rice and beans or garri. They eat meat but they will also eat rice or indomie if it's mixed with shawa/titus fish, chicken, or meat. I'm shocked that it took 3 days for you to realize that she needs "meat". Can you post a picture of the "meat" you fed her so we can tell you why she's not eating it? I hope you didn't include any beef bones with the "meat". Please post the picture of the puppy as well, so we can predict the time she will die.

I urge you to switch to canned puppy food as early as tomorrow if possible. Your instincts about what to feed a dog are completely wrong.

Here's what you should feed her tonight: mix a small amount of cooked rice (not indomie unless it's crushed) with a tin or two of canned sardine.

She needs canned food. It contains all the protein and vitamins she needs, and is palatable. You can start economizing when she's fully grown.
Why evils grin
Re: My 2 Months Old German Shepherd Refuses To Eat by Mccarthyal(m): 4:16am On Oct 09, 2016
Seun:

I'm shocked that the person who sold you the puppy didn't give you any idea of how to feed her. Dogs are carnivores; they don't eat rice and beans or garri. They eat meat but they will also eat rice or indomie if it's mixed with shawa/titus fish, chicken, or meat. I'm shocked that it took 3 days for you to realize that she needs "meat". Can you post a picture of the "meat" you fed her so we can tell you why she's not eating it? I hope you didn't include any beef bones with the "meat". Please post the picture of the puppy as well, so we can predict the time she will die.

She needs canned food. It contains all the protein and vitamins she needs, and is palatable. You can start economizing when she's fully grown.

I think it's in very bad taste and irritating that you want a picture that will help you predict the "time she will die". This man came for help, if you had nothing to offer him, why not let him instead of dampening his spirit and mking him panicky? Is that your end game? To allow his dog die? Because all you've managed to do it create fear in his mind.

Nobody is born with the knowledge of caring for dogs. We all learnt it at one point or another. Even you, who thinks himself an "expert" in canines. This young man just needed someone to put him through, and you failed woefully. I'm really irritated by your comment. Little wonder so many have taken after you. Where you should have led by example, you FAILED!

7 Likes

Re: My 2 Months Old German Shepherd Refuses To Eat by largehead: 8:38am On Oct 09, 2016
Predict when a pet would die??

some people just daft...

1 Like

Re: My 2 Months Old German Shepherd Refuses To Eat by donKonji: 9:41am On Oct 09, 2016
Seun:

I hope u r not who I think u are. You are definitely towing the path of being a maverick. No religious inclination, a harsh realist to the core, a practical man not fearful to speak his mind, a Negro with the mind of a Caucasian.
But with all the aforementioned traits, there's nothing really wrong in showing some sympathy to the original poster's predicament. I realize we Africans are damn too sentimental about just everything. But I guess that's what makes us more human than our Caucasian and mongoloid brothers.
All that said, @OP to stimulate enhanced appetite in your puppy u may need to expose it to environments where other puppies or dogs with healthy appetite are feasting. The trauma of being withdrawn from its mother and introduced to an entirely new place can lead to lacklustre appetite. Also some other respondents have rightly pointed out the need to include canine friendly food substances like lots of meat and a conservative carb portion as part of its meal. Canines are intrinsically wolves and I believe u don't see wolves lusting after grains like rice or legumes like beans. These delicacies definitely don't cut it for canines.
Re: My 2 Months Old German Shepherd Refuses To Eat by xana101: 1:32pm On Oct 09, 2016
Let's see d pup first
Re: My 2 Months Old German Shepherd Refuses To Eat by Andyblaze: 12:13am On Oct 11, 2016
pics

Re: My 2 Months Old German Shepherd Refuses To Eat by Andyblaze: 12:17am On Oct 11, 2016
cc : Seun xana101 donkonji mccarthyal largehead iheanyi40 nastydroid

Re: My 2 Months Old German Shepherd Refuses To Eat by largehead: 4:26am On Oct 11, 2016
your Dog looks healthy... About the feeding, its normal for a dog not to eat, but its abnormal for it not to drink water... My lhasa Apso also had the same feeding disorder. I had to start buying LIVER from The Abbookkii brothers (SUYA) for my Dog... I made her eat a whole lot of Liver in the morning and night... after 3 days, I started mixing the liver with a little quantity of boiled rice and also indomie.. I made sure the liver would b more than the Rice and indomie... after few days, she got back to her normal feeding routine...

Good Luck.

btw, I love that Nike footwear... na original abi?

2 Likes

Re: My 2 Months Old German Shepherd Refuses To Eat by TDstarr: 5:33am On Oct 11, 2016
donKonji:

I hope u r not who I think u are. You are definitely towing the path of being a maverick. No religious inclination, a harsh realist to the core, a practical man not fearful to speak his mind, a Negro with the mind of a Caucasian.
But with all the aforementioned traits, there's nothing really wrong in showing some sympathy to the original poster's predicament. I realize we Africans are damn too sentimental about just everything. But I guess that's what makes us more human than our Caucasian and mongoloid brothers.
All that said, @OP to stimulate enhanced appetite in your puppy u may need to expose it to environments where other puppies or dogs with healthy appetite are feasting. The trauma of being withdrawn from its mother and introduced to an entirely new place can lead to lacklustre appetite. Also some other respondents have rightly pointed out the need to include canine friendly food substances like lots of meat and a conservative carb portion as part of its meal. Canines are intrinsically wolves and I believe u don't see wolves lusting after grains like rice or legumes like beans. These delicacies definitely don't cut it for canines.
sharrappp.. . Carnivores eat rice and beans in the wild... Am not sure you own a pet... Or know how to take care of one... The dog is still a puppy for Christ sake... You attacking the only person saying the hard hurting truth.. Before you get a pet you must get ready for the responsibilities that follows.. . Goshhh
Re: My 2 Months Old German Shepherd Refuses To Eat by barcaboi(m): 6:11am On Oct 11, 2016
Andyblaze:

I got her on Wednesday and ever since then, I've served her Rice, she didnt taste it, gave her Beans she didn't, But when i gave it Garri and Soup it Licked the soup but still didnt eat the garri, Today i got it "Meat" especially "fat" and it ate it in the morning but has refused to eat upto tonight. I am yet to give her Canned food though.

I feel as a puppy she should eat alot but she eats just little and it rarely runs around or plays around, always lying down at one spot or another and she is easily scared
mix any food u give her wt protein like meat, chicken, fish, egg even milk....infact boiled egg and milk is good also put some of d food in ur hand and let her lick it from ur hand or hold her and make her taste it...all she needs is a taste ... .palm oil or coconut oil also spices up dia meal....try it
Re: My 2 Months Old German Shepherd Refuses To Eat by Andyblaze: 9:05am On Oct 11, 2016
barcaboi:

mix any food u give her wt protein like meat, chicken, fish, egg even milk....infact boiled egg and milk is good also put some of d food in ur hand and let her lick it from ur hand or hold her and make her taste it...all she needs is a taste ... .palm oil or coconut oil also spices up dia meal....try it

OMG, thank you so much, i tried the licking off my hand stuff with milk and boiled egg and she ate it very well

1 Like

Re: My 2 Months Old German Shepherd Refuses To Eat by Andyblaze: 9:07am On Oct 11, 2016
largehead:
your Dog looks healthy... About the feeding, its normal for a dog not to eat, but its abnormal for it not to drink water... My lhasa Apso also had the same feeding disorder. I had to start buying LIVER from The Abbookkii brothers (SUYA) for my Dog... I made her eat a whole lot of Liver in the morning and night... after 3 days, I started mixing the liver with a little quantity of boiled rice and also indomie.. I made sure the liver would b more than the Rice and indomie... after few days, she got back to her normal feeding routine...

Good Luck.

btw, I love that Nike footwear... na original abi?

Thank you so much, i will start mixing its food with meat and i'll update on how it is going

LOL no be original oo, na those 1200-1500 type
Re: My 2 Months Old German Shepherd Refuses To Eat by largehead: 10:37am On Oct 11, 2016
Andyblaze:

Thank you so much, i will start mixing its food with meat and i'll update on how it is going

LOL no be original oo, na those 1200-1500 type
aiit bro... *Liver* should be the best... Dogs are in love with it...
Re: My 2 Months Old German Shepherd Refuses To Eat by Andyblaze: 10:12pm On Oct 11, 2016
largehead:
aiit bro... *Liver* should be the best... Dogs are in love with it...

Thanks. I'll get it tomorrow and post pics if possible
Re: My 2 Months Old German Shepherd Refuses To Eat by barcaboi(m): 11:15pm On Oct 11, 2016
Andyblaze:

OMG, thank you so much, i tried the licking off my hand stuff with milk and boiled egg and she ate it very well
uwc bro....here 2 help

1 Like

Re: My 2 Months Old German Shepherd Refuses To Eat by IyareOseiwe: 9:04am On Dec 21, 2021
Start with dog food give boosters my dog was very picky so I use syringe to put food for her, start with food it like like meat and start mixing with rice etc
Re: My 2 Months Old German Shepherd Refuses To Eat by mfonisofavour0: 2:08pm On Dec 22, 2021
okay
Re: My 2 Months Old German Shepherd Refuses To Eat by IyareOseiwe: 9:16am On Jan 22, 2022
Leave the dog when the dog is hungry then e go chop trust me my dog was like your but after starving it she learned her lesson

(1) (Reply)

Imported Chow Chows Puppies Looking For A Forever Home. / 2yrs 4mnths Old Neopolitan Mastiff 4 Sale. 350k / Siberian Husky Puppies For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.