Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,106 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:04 AM

The Scam Called Gotv - Adverts - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Adverts / The Scam Called Gotv (1196 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Scam Called Gotv by tripleik(m): 8:15am On Oct 12, 2016
It is only in nigeria that certain things happen and nobody seems to care,probably because of the term" nigerians are used to hardship" I beg to disagree because we are a free nation with power and will to say Yes or No. My bitter ordeal lies with the scam called GOTV. When it will introduced,people like me were filled with joy because atleast it serves as an alternative to DSTV but i can say that ever since i have been clearly disappointed with their service ranging from poor network signal,constant missing channel and worst of all,poor customer tolerance. The latter is what i intend to really say so much about. My channels have been missing for more than two weeks now,i have tried every means possible in reaching out to them,be it facebook,twitter and what have you,they offer me non working solutions and when i push further,they ignore me. Yesterday,i found out i was disconnected,so i called to know why because to the best of my knowledge,they said october is free,their twitter handle replied me and said i wasnt eligible,if someone who has 4 decorders in different locations and have always subscribed for more than a year isnt eligible,who else will possibly be? I pressed further by sending then screenshots of my latest payments showing am so much up to date,they ignored me. This might seem as an unnecessary complaint but i think it becomes necessary as they need to know that nigerians are not fools,theres is no GOTV without customers,talk more of a loyal one. As it stands,i have lost confidence in them and i will surely share the feeling to others.

1 Like

Re: The Scam Called Gotv by kabrud: 8:38am On Oct 12, 2016
My own problem is not even their yeye bonanza or gift or whatever they call it. I bought it cos with less, u have more channels compared with dstv in which getting a full subscription is more expensive than getting a new set-up. But, I later discovered that dstv is the original while gotv is the "China" version. Quality is always better than quantity.

2 Likes

Re: The Scam Called Gotv by princetom1(m): 9:11am On Oct 12, 2016
kabrud:
My own problem is not even their yeye bonanza or gift or whatever they call it. I bought it cos with less, u have more channels compared with dstv in which getting a full subscription is more expensive than getting a new set-up. But, I later discovered that dstv is the original while gotv is the "China" version. Quality is always better than quantity.

What do u call quality and quantity? You must make so much money to spend for cruel dstv ripping us off. If u pay 1 naira for a service, u are entitled to enjoy it, as it should be, not being short changed
Re: The Scam Called Gotv by kabrud: 9:29am On Oct 12, 2016
princetom1:

What do u call quality and quantity? You must make so much money to spend for cruel dstv ripping us off. If u pay 1 naira for a service, u are entitled to enjoy it, as it should be, not being short changed
If u want better service, go for dstv but at a reduced cost, gotv is the best option. Note, Multichoice controls both channels.
Just the way u know that road and air a means of transport just that one is faster than the other and at the same time one is also cheaper. There must be a trade-off. No free lunch anywhere, even in Heaven.
Re: The Scam Called Gotv by princetom1(m): 9:33am On Oct 12, 2016
kabrud:

If u want better service, go for dstv but for at a reduced cost, gotv is the best option. Note, Multichoice controls both channels.

I know multichoice control em. That isn't my point, u cant try these trash in the western world, only in Nigeria anything goes. If its only in Nigeria that Samsung is selling that Galaxy note 7, am sure nothing will be done about it. It doesn't matter if its 1 naira or 1 million, as a service provider, u must keep ur words

2 Likes

Re: The Scam Called Gotv by tripleik(m): 11:45am On Oct 12, 2016
kabrud:

If u want better service, go for dstv but at a reduced cost, gotv is the best option. Note, Multichoice controls both channels.
Just the way u know that road and air a means of transport just that one is faster than the other and at the same time one is also cheaper. There must be a trade-off. No free lunch anywhere, even in Heaven.
Yeah,they control both but this issues doesnt occur with DSTV,why sell something of inferior quality with certain promises and assurances you know is not obtainable

(1) (Reply)

UK Used Baby Chairs For Sale / How To Become A Quickteller Paypoint Agent / ...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.