Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,304 members, 7,819,030 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:15 AM

Done - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Done (799 Views)

What You Need To Know About: Gprs, Edge, 3g, Hsdpa, Hspa+ And 4g (LTE). / Smile 4G Network Now In Lagos, Abuja, PH, Onitsha, Ibadan, Kaduna, Benin & Asaba / Difference Between 2G, 3G And 4G (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Done by bomboyi(m): 11:23pm On Oct 16, 2016
Nnnnnn
Re: Done by Osyxcel(m): 12:08am On Oct 17, 2016
bomboyi:
I just got a galaxy s7 edge duos, I have an Mtn sim that is 4G enabled, I inserted it into sim 1 port of the phone. Did all the mobile network setting, selected LTE/3G/2G option but the network sign keeps showing E. Sometimes the 4G will pop up and revert back to E. I have tried all I could but no success.

Your phone's network setting is on Auto (2G/3G/LTE). The strongest network in your location is the Edge (2G), that's why it's showing you E.

Download "4G LTE Switch" from Playstore and use it to select LTE only, let's see how it goes.

1 Like

Re: Done by bomboyi(m): 5:40am On Oct 17, 2016
Thank you, I will that and get back
Re: Done by bukasons: 5:49am On Oct 17, 2016
Re: Done by bomboyi(m): 3:53pm On Oct 17, 2016
Osyxcel:

Your phone's network setting is on Auto (2G/3G/LTE). The strongest network in your location is the Edge (2G), that's why it's showing you E.

Download "4G LTE Switch" from Playstore and use it to select LTE only, let's see how it goes.

I have downloaded and run it, the 4g came and remain steady but i cant make or receive calls
Re: Done by Osyxcel(m): 6:17pm On Oct 17, 2016
bomboyi:

I have downloaded and run it, the 4g came and remain steady but i cant make or receive calls

What response was your phone giving you?.
Re: Done by rookidmart: 6:20pm On Oct 17, 2016
For the sake of your money I hope it's not what I suspect. OP, post a screenshot of your About Phone page. Settings --> About Phone.
Re: Done by dustmalik: 6:46pm On Oct 17, 2016
bomboyi:

This is normal, since you have forced your phone to be on 4G LTE only, therefore it can no longer automatically toggle between 3G, 2G or 4G LTE, as the case may arise.
Remember, mtn doesn't currently support VoLTE (Voice over LTE), so when your phone is on LTE Only mode, you can't make or receive calls. Therefore, it's unwise to force your network mode to be on LTE Only, unless you don't intend to make or receive calls with that line. I hope you understand what i just explained.
Re: Done by bomboyi(m): 8:25pm On Oct 22, 2016
Update on my galaxy s7 edge duos. I read lots of complaints and solutions online. The general consensus is u may not be able to use both sim slots for now, so I put my Mtn sim on sim one while I put my msd card, that is memory card on slot 2, the 4G signal is available now for most of the day. Once the signal is cut off, I do manual search for signal and choose Mtn,the 4G will be back. Sometimes I get H+, though it doesn't last.

(1) (Reply)

Tecno 8h Complete Screen Needed / Itel1502 A Little Bit Hot At The Rear Camera And Drains Battery Easily / Next-Bit Robin | Smart phone that never runs out of storage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.