Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,597 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:48 PM

Web Design And Development Tutorials. - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Web Design And Development Tutorials. (670 Views)

Professional Web Design And Development In Warri, Delta State, Nigeria / Web Design And Development Tutorials From Scratch. / Pls Teach Me Web Design And Development. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Web Design And Development Tutorials. by cj1080(m): 4:17pm On Oct 23, 2009
I'm a 2 and a half month home grow and home schooled web designer.With a high interest in getting into web dev.
I started by hitting google with my questions and downloading web pages on any and all tutorials i needed from photoshop,to marcomedia suite,from html to php. Basic and advanced tutorials.
And for two months i have been at it day in day out,developing myself,ok also being mentored by two other web developer friends of mine.
So now those two months have given me a myriad of insight to design,now i want to pass the info and tutorials i've learnt out to people who might need it.
For knowledge in writing and understanding the codes from html to php. Check http://www.w3school.com ps before you go there,look at http://www.landofcode.com. This will look at the basics and run the teaching from scratch,like a baby learning to walk,will w3 will put it to you like niit.
Now once your done with the way of the code.
Check out
http://www.tutorialised.com its either an s or z.
This will start u up in the way of the design.
Pick photoshop,fireworks,flash or just pick cs4 which ever is your design preference.
This site will teach u to design like teaching a kid to walk,one step at a time. Its tutorials are not only fun to do,but tech to create.
If you can learn to create some of their amazing arts and also learn to created the using other graphic softwares,then u have achieved something.
For me i'm still on the site learning and using fireworks to create the graphics on the tutorials for photoshop.
Re: Web Design And Development Tutorials. by yawatide(f): 4:38pm On Oct 23, 2009
cj:
Thanks for the resources.  Hopefully, others can learn from it.  Just remember, even 10 years of learning isn't good enough in our line of work so always keep learning so as to keep yourself marketable. I hate to compare it to the mafia but the day you stop learning is the day you die.

good luck!
Re: Web Design And Development Tutorials. by kolitos007: 8:18pm On Oct 25, 2009
yawa-ti-de:

cj:
Thanks for the resources.  Hopefully, others can learn from it.  Just remember, even 10 years of learning isn't good enough in our line of work so always keep learning so as to keep yourself marketable. I hate to compare it to the mafia but the day you stop learning is the day you die.

good luck!

Nicely said, you just have to keep learning all the day smiley
Re: Web Design And Development Tutorials. by cj1080(m): 11:48pm On Oct 25, 2009
Thanks mates.

When i think back to the 40k i almost paid to learn all this stuff,and the wise words i got from some design and development friend i got around.

I just thank them for the wise words and the points to the right step. Oh plus a saved 40k(if only i knew where that money went cos now i need am bad bad lol)
Re: Web Design And Development Tutorials. by yawatide(f): 10:00am On Oct 26, 2009
he he, well sometimes, you get to learn things in a human setting that you don't learn studying on your own - social networking, you get to ask questions and hv others/the teacher answer right away, etc.

My only bone of contention with paying for training would be that, at least based on a few complaints here, some of the so-called teachers don't know much about what they are teaching. It reminds me of a time some years ago that my employer sent me on CSS training. At the end of 8 hours, I learned NOTHING - I had already did the learning on my own and a time or 2, I remember actually correcting the "teacher" on a few issues (I wanted to keep quiet but I couldn't let him deceive the other innocent students). He probably was getting paid a lot of money for it too.

Maybe I will get serious at some point and organize a true seminar/workshop tongue
Re: Web Design And Development Tutorials. by kolitos007: 2:04pm On Oct 26, 2009
yawa-ti-de:

he he, well sometimes, you get to learn things in a human setting that you don't learn studying on your own - social networking, you get to ask questions and hv others/the teacher answer right away, etc.

My only bone of contention with paying for training would be that, at least based on a few complaints here, some of the so-called teachers don't know much about what they are teaching. It reminds me of a time some years ago that my employer sent me on CSS training. At the end of 8 hours, I learned NOTHING - I had already did the learning on my own and a time or 2, I remember actually correcting the "teacher" on a few issues (I wanted to keep quiet but I couldn't let him deceive the other innocent students). He probably was getting paid a lot of money for it too.

Maybe I will get serious at some point and organize a true seminar/workshop tongue

I don't know about your comments though, there is nothing wrong with paying for training, as far as am concerned its all about the efforts you put in yourself, there is only so much you can be thought, but you still need to put into practise what you are learning.

Yeah, you don't learn enough in training, even when you spend your years at university, you will never have the skills after completing university. All that is needed is to gain experience and practise what you have learnt. I think that's all that should really matter.
Re: Web Design And Development Tutorials. by cj1080(m): 12:30am On Oct 27, 2009
My brother,thank you.

Yes oh,my people na true talk way ein talk.

I go continue so ta if i jam rock,i go find where i go go training.

But as plenty php and web development chairman full house,me self go the throw way salute plus also ask them say make them put hand help me way be jjc for php LAGOS.

But as oyibo the talk 'your right one needs experience'. Wetin i go talk be say man pikin(myself) go try go find am add to the ta chere way i get. So dat me self fit be like the php oga's way de php LAGOS.

Thank you,lol.
Re: Web Design And Development Tutorials. by holufemi01: 2:19am On Oct 27, 2009
i love your post and i send some advice into your PM and use for your next add

(1) (Reply)

Joomla, Anyone? / Review This Briefly (today, Lol) / Review Site

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.