Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,429 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:28 AM

Paths In Programming Knowledge And Careers - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Paths In Programming Knowledge And Careers (986 Views)

Become A Pro In Programming For Only N6000 / Sayo Oladeji Wins N1m In Programming Contest (photos) / Anybody With A Java Programming Knowledge! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Paths In Programming Knowledge And Careers by Kisson: 11:13am On Jan 04, 2007
Hello,

I wanted to know some things that have stumped me for a while.

If one wants to be a programmer, where can he find info on where to start, and which languages would be best to learn.

How do you find out what the different career paths entail?

Basically, once you start how do you figure out where to go?
Re: Paths In Programming Knowledge And Careers by gbengaijot(m): 11:25am On Jan 04, 2007
Isnt it good that more people are interested in programming these days?,

@kisson, if you want to learn programming, your best resource is the google seacrch. I think you need to know the type of contemporary programming languages. some of which are :Java, c++, ada, ruby, C, and other microsoft visual programming language(more easier to learn) are Visual basic, C#,j#, .net, e.t.c

You can also check the programming section of this forum. I'll stress that programming is not for the faint hearted. It takes a lot of practising and querying your brain. If you are not ready to go a step/mile ahead, then programming is not for you. You don't have to be a genius to learn programming. The desire, the ability to persever, the love of programming should be enough to get you goin.

I hope my rants helps
Re: Paths In Programming Knowledge And Careers by Kisson: 11:34am On Jan 04, 2007
Thank you Gbengaijot.  Don't worry about ranting, your advice is most welcome.

I am just starting, but at least you are helping me begin to move in a direction.
Re: Paths In Programming Knowledge And Careers by gbengaijot(m): 11:39am On Jan 04, 2007
decide what language you want first,

As for me, after 6 months of checking and checking, i just started learning java. I think Java is a good one.
Re: Paths In Programming Knowledge And Careers by dag(m): 1:25pm On Jan 16, 2007
what gbengaijiot said about programming i would say is really true, it is fun but like he rightly said its realy not for the faint hearted. its also good to note note that no programming language is actually easy. you see as a software developer which u'll eventually become after intense tutoring and practice except you u'll be programming against the hobyst path or solving complex scientifical problems, the need for you to be able to provide a buisness solution is what realy matters, each language has its offering on different techniques and dont be fooled to the folly of an easy to use language, in reality there is none.

ive been a vb programmer for 2 years now and i tell u leveraging to real world scenarios need a lot of effort and commitment, some people would say vb is a easy language, well guess i would have met stardom six months into using that platform, there is always more to learn from the software development perspective, its dynamic.

all the best as you become a seasoned programmer.

(1) (Reply)

Selfawareness Can Be Achieved Via Artificial Intelligence? Anybody / Visual Studio Or Java?! Which Is Your Favourite / Rapidcreator - Sap User Performance Enhancement Tool

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.