Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,791 members, 7,798,664 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:10 AM

Consult A Quantity Surveyor Here - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Consult A Quantity Surveyor Here (2869 Views)

Who Can Provide A Quantity Survey For A Fence? / I Need A Quantity Surveyor / Heres Why You Should Get A Quantity Surveyor 4 Your Building Project (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Consult A Quantity Surveyor Here by boay(m): 12:02am On Nov 14, 2016
Hi all,

I have brought the services of a Quantity Surveyor to your doorstep. I will be here to answer your questions about construction cost, labour and material rates, cost analysis, preliminary estimate, bills of quantities, feasibility and viability studies, all-in-rates, et cetera.

I am also ready to offer a wide range of services to you. These services include:

1. Cost analysis
2. Preliminary estimate
3. Arbitration
4. Feasibility and viability studies
5. Preparation of bills of quantities
6. Preparation of materials schedule
7. Preparation of labour schedule
8. Tender analysis
9. Management of subcontractor's account
10. Cost advice
..among others

Are you an investor, property developer, a contractor, a builder, an
architect, a civil, structural or service engineer? Do you need experienced, seasoned and qualitative professional inputs like cost advice, cost consultancy, cost planning, cost control, contractual arrangement and management, project management, preliminary estimate, rate build-up, bills of quantities preparation and such like?

You can get help here. Just post it here
Re: Consult A Quantity Surveyor Here by boay(m): 12:12am On Nov 14, 2016
I will b sharing some vital information with you like: How to optimise construction cost, How a contractor can improve turn over, how to build with little et cetera.
Re: Consult A Quantity Surveyor Here by boay(m): 9:33pm On Nov 14, 2016
Why You Need a Quantity Surveyor as a Developer

Many are not very farmiliar with the roles of a quantity surveyor and the benefits that would be theirs if they involve one in their projects.

1. Preliminary cost estimate: A quantity surveyor can give you an approximate cost of your proposed project from just the draft of the drawing when the full drawing is not available or ready. This would help to forestall abandonment of project, ensure adequate review of one's taste, promote adequate cash flow planning, determination of construction and contractual procedure et cetera
Re: Consult A Quantity Surveyor Here by boay(m): 9:07am On Nov 29, 2018
Are you planning to erect your house or any structure?

I can help you to review the building plan so that you spend less without jeopardising quality, aesthetics and user' satisfaction.

Remember that myriad factors affect construction cost.
Re: Consult A Quantity Surveyor Here by boay(m): 9:11am On Nov 29, 2018
Hi all,

I am a Quantity Surveyor with vast experience in the construction industry. I have been involved in several building and civil engineering construction projects.

I am here to offer my services to you.

Let's get it started.....
Re: Consult A Quantity Surveyor Here by boay(m): 9:02am On May 21, 2019
Hi all,

Come in here for all your questions about construction cost and estimating of labor and materials
Re: Consult A Quantity Surveyor Here by boay(m): 5:39pm On Jul 02, 2019
WHO ARE QUANTITY SURVEYORS?
This little write up is specifically for the benefits of those that doesn't know what Quantity surveyors do.

The Royal Institute of Chartered surveyors (RICS) defines the role of Quantity surveyor as "ensuring that the resources of the Construction industry are utilised to the best advantage of the society by providing financial management for projects and cost consultancy services to the client and designer during whole construction process.

The noble profession "Quantity surveying" is an almagam of Economics, Law, Accountancy, Management, Construction Technology and many more but few to mention.
Many have mixed Quantity surveyors duties with Land Surveyors. It's a different ball game, just that we belong to the same industry. This is what we all need to know so we can direct the right questions to the right professionals.

Whenever it is Construction Cost related issues, always direct your questions to Quantity Surveyors. Also whenever it is Land related issues, do not hesitate to meet Land Surveyors.

I think this should help us a little bit.

2 Likes

Re: Consult A Quantity Surveyor Here by boay(m): 3:45pm On Jul 09, 2019
When cost matters, get a Quantity Surveyor. If you don't cost it, it will cost you.

Avoid waste, engage a Quantity Surveyor
Re: Consult A Quantity Surveyor Here by boay(m): 3:47pm On Jul 09, 2019
Drop your questions here.

I will answer.

Questions about estimating, contract management and adminstration, physical measurement and quantity take off, valuations, variations, building construction and construction technology among others.....
Re: Consult A Quantity Surveyor Here by boay(m): 8:50pm On Jul 09, 2019
Avoid waste, engage a Quantity Surveyor. Spend thousands to save millions.

I can render some professional service of a Quantity Surveyor to you here FREE
Re: Consult A Quantity Surveyor Here by boay(m): 8:30pm On Jul 25, 2019
Consult a Quantity Surveyor here
Re: Consult A Quantity Surveyor Here by boay(m): 10:10am On Jul 30, 2019
Hi,

I wanna share some of the principal services of a Quantity Surveyor:

1. Preliminary cost advice
2. Advising on contractual methods
3. Advising on contractor selection
4. Preparation of tender documents
5. Obtaining and negotiating tender/bids
6. Cost planning
7. Cost control
8. Construction auditing
9. Valuation of construction work
10. Preparing and agreeing accounts with contractors
11. Preparing expenditure statements for taxation and accounting purposes
12. Technical Auditing
13. Assessing replacement costs for insurance project control
14. Giving expert evidence in arbitration and disputes
15. Feasibility and viability study
16. Investment appraisals
17. Cost control and post contract management
18. Project Management and Coordination.

These are just few of the services I can render for you.

I will give you a detail list later, differentiating between precontract and post - contract services..

Enjoy!
Re: Consult A Quantity Surveyor Here by boay(m): 8:50am On Aug 07, 2019
Hi,

Here are some precontract services of a Quantity Surveyor:

1. Feasibility and viability study
2. Comparative design Economics including cost plans and cost control
3. Works programme/planning
4. Preparation of preliminary estimate
5. Measurement of building and civil engineering works/preparation of bills of quantities
6. Preparation of schedule of materials
7. Preparation or editing of specification
8. Advice on procurement options
9. Preparation of Unit rates for work items/pricing for tendering purposes
10. Tender evaluation report
11. Advice and development of strategies for tender negotiation
Re: Consult A Quantity Surveyor Here by boay(m): 4:56pm On Aug 10, 2019
Hi,

Of recent, I have shared some principal services of a Quantity Surveyor. I have have also gone further to specifically highlight some precontract services of a Quantity Surveyor. Thanks to everyone for the contributions.

Here, I will be sharing some Post-Contract Services of a Quantity Surveyor.

1.Measurement of works on site
2. Administration of advance Payments, retention and performance bond
3. Preparation of interim valuation
4. Valuation of variation/fluctuations
5. Preparation of financial statement
6. Application of cost control including comparative cost analysis evaluation
7. Remeasurement of provisional quantities and provisional sum items
8. Preparation and agreement of final account
9. Preparation or vetting of loss, expenses or insurance claim
10. computation and vetting of fees
11. Preparation of cash flow forecast
12. Production and cost control
13. Resource determination, scheduling and purchasing
14. Contract Administration/contractual correspondence
15. Analysis of pricing for Regular cost/value reconciliation statement including interpretation for management
Re: Consult A Quantity Surveyor Here by boay(m): 10:38am On Aug 14, 2019
Reach me for any Quantity Surveying service. Check my signature below for my contact.
Re: Consult A Quantity Surveyor Here by boay(m): 3:21pm On Aug 21, 2019
Drop your questions here, I will provide you with answers.

You will be glad you did
Re: Consult A Quantity Surveyor Here by boay(m): 9:40am On Aug 23, 2019
Come here with your questions about building cost solutions, materials and labour
Re: Consult A Quantity Surveyor Here by boay(m): 9:22am On Aug 29, 2019
The Quantity Surveyor is at your service
Re: Consult A Quantity Surveyor Here by boay(m): 5:22pm On Sep 11, 2019
Who is a Quantity Surveyor?

What is Quantity Surveying?

Quantity Surveyor is the profession within the Building and Engineering construction sector that is concerned with the cost and contract administration from conception to closeout of any project

The profession came out of the need to separate the design function of building and engineering projects from the cost and management function in order to achieve efficiency, effectiveness and value for money. Thus, it combines the understanding of the process and the knowledge of the construction process with the competence of construction cost accounting.

A Quantity Surveyor is a development and construction cost adviser on building, civil and heavy engineering project. The Quantity Surveyor is the financial expert in all matters relating to Building Civil and other engineering project. The Quantity Surveyor is often referred to as the Cost Consultant of the Construction Industry
Re: Consult A Quantity Surveyor Here by boay(m): 8:36am On Sep 12, 2019
Are you a property owner or a developer?

Do you want to develop and your watchword is VALUE FOR MONEY?

IF YES, then this is for you.

Kindly drop comments and post your questions on this thread.

I will give you professional advice and render professional services that will help you to achieve VALUE FOR MONEY.

When Value for money is your watchword you need a Quantity Surveyor
Re: Consult A Quantity Surveyor Here by boay(m): 3:08pm On Oct 17, 2019
Check in, consult a Quantity Surveyor for value for your money
Re: Consult A Quantity Surveyor Here by boay(m): 1:58pm On Oct 22, 2019
WHAT IS QUANTITY SURVEYING ALL ABOUT?

It can be characterized as, a profession which guarantees that the assets of the construction
business and are used to the best point of interest of society, by suggesting the most economical
monetary administration for undertakings and an expense consultancy service to client, builder and planner amid the entire construction process.
Re: Consult A Quantity Surveyor Here by boay(m): 1:59pm On Oct 22, 2019
Who is Quantity Surveyor?

Quantity surveyors are responsible for managing all aspects of the contractual and financial side of construction projects. Quantity surveyors manage the costs on a construction project. They help to ensure that the construction project is completed within its projected budget. Alternative job titles for a quantity surveyor include cost consultant, commercial manager, cost manager and cost engineer. In a nutshell, quantity surveyors manage all costs associated with building and civil engineering projects. Their work is both office and site-based and the primary goal is to minimize expenses (and keep them within the limits of a budget).
Re: Consult A Quantity Surveyor Here by boay(m): 2:01pm On Oct 22, 2019
What is more?

Quantity Surveyors perform their duties without compromising on the quality of end results or failing to adhere to the building, health, and safety regulations. Furthermore, they take part in projects and work with contractors/clients right from the start, preparing comprehensive project estimates. Once the building process starts, quantity surveyors keeps a close tab on any variations that may lead to cost fluctuations.Over the course of the project, key tasks are related to outcome analysis, work evaluation, and progress reports.
Re: Consult A Quantity Surveyor Here by boay(m): 2:02pm On Oct 22, 2019
Come here for all your cost information regarding building and civil engineering construction

1 Like

Re: Consult A Quantity Surveyor Here by boay(m): 10:51am On Nov 06, 2019
You can build that house for less at optimum quality.

Get a Quantity Surveyor
Re: Consult A Quantity Surveyor Here by boay(m): 2:13am On Nov 07, 2019
Do more with less

Consult a Quantity Surveyor here.

If you want value for your money and you want to optimize cost, I am here for you.....
Re: Consult A Quantity Surveyor Here by boay(m): 2:13am On Nov 07, 2019
For all your cost information, drop them here.

You will get a reply in a short time
Re: Consult A Quantity Surveyor Here by Eteo: 5:24am On Nov 07, 2019
boay:
For all your cost information, drop them here.

You will get a reply in a short time

Pls I need to know the cost of building a 4 bedroom bungalow to habitable standards...4 bedrooms with toilets ensuite, 2 sitting rooms, 1 ante parlor, kitchen & Pantry, box room, laundry house, 1 guest toilet.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Consult A Quantity Surveyor Here by boay(m): 7:46pm On Nov 09, 2019
Eteo:

Pls I need to know the cost of building a 4 bedroom bungalow to habitable standards...4 bedrooms with toilets ensuite, 2 sitting rooms, 1 ante parlor, kitchen & Pantry, box room, laundry house, 1 guest toilet.

You will need up to 6.4million maximum

If you have d plan you can forward it, specifying location, nature of finishes and method of execution. This will help generate a detailed and more accurate estimate
Re: Consult A Quantity Surveyor Here by boay(m): 12:11am On Dec 20, 2019
QS at your service
Re: Consult A Quantity Surveyor Here by boay(m): 12:54am On Dec 20, 2019
You can drop all your questions on building construction.
If you need advice on cost of construction you can drop it here.

Listen to a quantity surveyor. You need a QS to get value for your money

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

5bedroom Duplex With Cof O @lekki Phase1: Luxury Homes Within Ur Budget, See Pic / Let Us Be Your Port Harcourt Property Plug, We Manage, Sell, Develop & Help Buy / Sale: Estate Flats Within Ogba - Agege Axis For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.