Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,549 members, 7,837,103 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:55 PM

1 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 1 (980 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

1 by Physicist(m): 7:08pm On Nov 03, 2009
Re: 1 by SEFAGO(m): 7:37pm On Nov 03, 2009
Rank Country IQ estimate Rank Country IQ estimate Rank Country IQ estimate
* Hong Kong 107 26 Russia 96 54 Fiji 84
1 South Korea 106 26 Slovakia 96 54 Iran 84
2 Japan 105 26 Uruguay 96 54 Marshall Islands 84
3 Taiwan 104 30 Portugal 95 54 Puerto Rico 84
4 Singapore 103 30 Slovenia 95 58 Egypt 83
5 Austria 102 32 Israel 94 59 India 81
5 Germany 102 32 Romania 94 60 Ecuador 80
5 Italy 102 34 Bulgaria 93 61 Guatemala 79
5 Netherlands 102 34 Ireland 93 62 Barbados 78
9 Sweden 101 34 Greece 93 62 Nepal 78
9 Switzerland 101 36 Malaysia 92 62 Qatar 78
11 Belgium 100 38 Thailand 91 65 Zambia 77
11 China 100 39 Croatia 90 66 Congo 73
11 New Zealand 100 39 Peru 90 66 Uganda 73
11 United Kingdom 100 39 Turkey 90 68 Jamaica 72
15 Hungary 99 42 Colombia 89 68 Kenya 72
15 Poland 99 42 Indonesia 89 68 South Africa 72
15 Spain 99 42 Suriname 89 68 Sudan 72
17 Australia 98 45 Brazil 87 68 Tanzania 72
17 Denmark 98 45 Iraq 87 73 Ghana 71
17 France 98 45 Mexico 87 74 Nigeria 67
17 Mongolia 98 45 Samoa 87 75 Guinea 66
17 United States 98 45 Tonga 87 75 Zimbabwe 66
22 Canada 97 50 Lebanon 86 77 Democratic Republic of the Congo 65
22 Czech Republic 97 50 Philippines 86 78 Sierra Leone 64
22 Finland 97 52 Cuba 85 79 Ethiopia 63
26 Argentina 96 52 Morocco 85 80 Equatorial Guinea 59

undecided. Pseudoscience
Re: 1 by morpheus24: 7:46pm On Nov 03, 2009
it should be studied in reference to relativity and cetris paribus
Re: 1 by mekuslogan: 7:47pm On Nov 03, 2009
Nope. Its rather inherent greed and selfishness bringing about both financial amd moral corruption. Remove those and Africa is ready to go.
Re: 1 by naliakar: 8:08pm On Nov 03, 2009
What is IQ in any Nigerian language.
Re: 1 by SEFAGO(m): 8:58pm On Nov 03, 2009
Nope. Its rather inherent greed and selfishness bringing about both financial amd moral corruption. Remove those and Africa is ready to go.

you are helping prove the assertion of the above ppl. You forgot that other countries are corrupt too. China is very corrupt and they are growing rapidly.
Re: 1 by mekuslogan: 9:26pm On Nov 03, 2009
SEFAGO:

you are helping prove the assertion of the above ppl. You forgot that other countries are corrupt too. China is very corrupt and they are growing rapidly.

One glaring difference between China and Nigeria is that corrupt people are punished even by hanging. This is not the case in Nigeria. So I dare say that MORAL corruption (for e.g., not meting out the appropriate punishments to culprits) contributes to our worsening financial corruption. It is possible you have a low IQ. Prove me wrong. I do NOT have a low IQ because  for the past 6 years, I have attending classes with Europeans, Americans, Chinese, Indians, Latinos and other Africans and I have been at the top 5. Next to these is the idea of putting incompetent people to positions due to tribalism and the stupid quota system. Are those also in China?
Re: 1 by SEFAGO(m): 9:58pm On Nov 03, 2009
One glaring difference between China and Nigeria is that corrupt people are punished even by hanging. This is not the case in Nigeria. So I dare say that MORAL corruption (for e.g., not meting out the appropriate punishments to culprits) contributes to our worsening financial corruption. It is possible you have a low IQ. Prove me wrong. I do NOT have a low IQ because  for the past 6 years, I have attending classes with Europeans, Americans, Chinese, Indians, Latinos and other Africans and I have been at the top 5. Next to these is the idea of putting incompetent people to positions due to tribalism and the stupid quota system. Are those also in China?

you haven't identified what is really wrong with nigeria- just one subset of it which is ok. Not just corruption but the lack of industry. I am going to sleep anyways. China has a shitload more problems than you think, find out about them.
Re: 1 by morpheus24: 11:25pm On Nov 03, 2009
mekuslogan:

One glaring difference between China and Nigeria is that corrupt people are punished even by hanging. This is not the case in Nigeria. So I dare say that MORAL corruption (for e.g., not meting out the appropriate punishments to culprits) contributes to our worsening financial corruption. It is possible you have a low IQ. Prove me wrong. I do NOT have a low IQ because for the past 6 years, I have attending classes with Europeans, Americans, Chinese, Indians, Latinos and other Africans and I have been at the top 5. Next to these is the idea of putting incompetent people to positions due to tribalism and the stupid quota system. Are those also in China?

Like I said RELATIVITY AND CETRIS PARIBUS!!!
Re: 1 by mekuslogan: 11:30pm On Nov 03, 2009
Sefago,

I know about China more than you can ever imagine. Now, assuming that you have a low IQ but you have money (like Nigeria), what do you do? Get people with the high IQ to work for you. Has Nigeria done that? Yes, on many different ocassions. Have things improved? No.

Conclusion: It is not a matter of IQ. It is our unworkable system which even frustrates foreigners working amongst us. Do you not see that many of the Nigeria-owned private investments are working relatively well in Nigeria? Do these private Nigerians have higher IQs than the civil servant Nigerians? No.
Re: 1 by redsun(m): 11:31pm On Nov 03, 2009
http://www.iqtestforfree.com/

Test yours for free.
Re: 1 by SEFAGO(m): 1:00am On Nov 04, 2009
I know about China more than you can ever imagine. Now, assuming that you have a low IQ but you have money (like Nigeria), what do you do? Get people with the high IQ to work for you. Has Nigeria done that? Yes, on many different ocassions. Have things improved? No.

Conclusion: It is not a matter of IQ. It is our unworkable system which even frustrates foreigners working amongst us. Do you not see that many of the Nigeria-owned private investments are working relatively well in Nigeria? Do these private Nigerians have higher IQs than the civil servant Nigerians? No.

Ok, agreed. But that is one part, and the most important part, i would admit. The one I am looking for is the one that would still occur even we have a stable government, and no trouble.

By the way, I apologize, for my rudeness, I have just been have very bad month in school and taking it on random people I find on nairaland
Re: 1 by gadogado(m): 4:40am On Nov 04, 2009
@poster

i beleive so, i think sub-saharan africa lacks what they call human capital which translates to mean low IQ. Its quite obvious unless you want to engage in some denial. if you examine the situation, the areas with the smartest people are the most developed places on earth.simple.
Re: 1 by JosBoy4Lif(m): 5:04am On Nov 04, 2009
gadogado:

@poster

i beleive so, i think sub-saharan africa lacks what they call human capital which translates to mean low IQ. Its quite obvious unless you want to engage in some denial. if you examine the situation, the areas with the smartest people are the most developed places on earth.simple.

China and India just to name a few right?
Re: 1 by Nobody: 5:11am On Nov 04, 2009
It's more to this than just listing nation's IQs. How can you calculate the average IQ of a nation? I mean wow!!!!! How about China? over 1billion people and they managed to calculate the average IQ? I showed a little kid a something he has never seen before, then I asked him, what is this? and the kid replied saying I don't know. Does that mean the kid has low IQ? Oyimbo men are still the most racist pigs on this planet. They need a survey to show they are smarter than the rest, they need a survey to show they are happier than the rest, they need a survey to show they are  more desirable than the rest. Always needing a survey to show they are better than the rest. Stop posting all this generalization thread. It doesn't help. These surveys are inductive and they are generalization at it's best. I gathered four apples and they all turned out red. Does that mean all apples are red? Hell NO!!!!
Re: 1 by Bishopking: 10:55am On Nov 04, 2009
TO ANSWERTHIS QUESTION, ONE WOULD HAVE TO LOOK AT MANY THINGS THAT PROMOTE LOW IQ OR UNDERDEVELOPING IN COUNTRIES.

we need to ask ourselves: is IQ really transferable genetically? are recently rapidly developing countries suddenly acquiring very great IQ? are vast number of people in say china having low iq because they are poor? is the development of countries in africa a true reflection of IQ of the generality of the people or the IQ of people in power or authority?

I will want to tackle the last question from the perspective of the Nigerian's 'whom you know' syndrom when it comes to getting opportunities and getting to position where one can effectively make changes in the system. Historically, the wealth of african countries had been plundered by these so called 'high IQ' people of northern europe and america. People were taken en mass from the continent over hundreds of years, the nations were colonized and the 'colonial masters' wrongly amalgamate people of different 'genetic' make-up, religious beliefs, aspirations, philosophy and development ideologies together in such a way that any synergy resulting will be to cause chaos, disaffection and self destruction. Let us take the case of Nigeria as a case study. After independence, Nigeria was lead by succession of probably (almost certainly) low-IQ millitary men who were out to save situation in the first place. However, due to the lack of check and balances, they perpetuated themselves in power and continue with plundering any economic opportunity that might be left after their master seemed to have gone or the new opportunities being created by the hardworking people of the country. It must be mentioned that crisis fuelled by the differences among the people was a big issue. The new nation engaged in three years of fracticidal wars further destroying any platform for collective development efforts.

Over the years, due to lack of proper checks and balances, the low-IQ people in power ensured their perpetuality by surrounding themselves by their family members or people who they know as weaklings (that dare not challenge them for any ideological shift). In fact, they extend this to every sector of Nigerian political and socio-economic system. It is not unusual for children of such people to publicly say (in schools and social gathering) that they are going to be in charge of the country whether 'you like it or not' even when they are not intellectually prepared or qualified to do that a the expense of high IQ ones. They are everywhere destroying whatever effort the creative sections of the country are putting in this seeming vast blackhole.

if it was just IQ that ensure development, then nigeria should have or will develop just like any nation because high IQ people are everywhere. But from observation, high IQ people of nigeria seem to have been forever screen away from the scene in order to ensure that personal or sectional interests are protected. And Nigeria is a true picture of many countries in Africa.

(1) (Reply)

Todd Moss: After The Plane Bomber, Where In The World Is Nigeria's President? / Jos Crisis: 15 Disappear In Mysterious Circumstances - Breaking News! / Go To Hell, I've Won 2011 Polls, Alao-akala Tells Opposition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.