Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,089 members, 7,814,785 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:48 PM

Banker-exposes-dirty-deals-with-embattled - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Banker-exposes-dirty-deals-with-embattled (1012 Views)

Scandal ! Fayose Attacks Buhari, Exposes Dirty Secret Of First Lady / PHOTOS: Embattled Bukola Saraki dances his sorrows away in Ilorin / Anti-saraki Senators Back Down, Rally Round Embattled Senate President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Banker-exposes-dirty-deals-with-embattled by Larrykaysail(m): 7:43pm On Nov 28, 2016
http://www.newsmakersng.com/2016/11/28/banker-exposes-dirty-deals-with-embattled-judge-ofili-ajumogobia-in-court/

A Lagos High Court, Ikeja, on Monday heard a witness describe how foreign currencies were moved from Justice Rita Ofili-Ajumogobia’s chambers and deposited into her account in Diamond Bank.

Mr. Ademola Oshodi was testifying at the ongoing trial of Ofili-Ajumogobia, a serving Justice of the Federal High Court, alongside a Senior Advocate of Nigeria (SAN), Mr Godwin Obla.

The accused persons, who are being tried by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) for alleged corruption, have been jointly charged with two counts of perverting the course of justice.

Obla was charged with additional two-counts of offering gratification in the sum of N5million to Ofili-Ajumogobia, a public official while carrying out her duties as a judge.

Ofili-Ajumogobia, however, faces a 26-count charge of unlawful enrichment, taking property by a public officer, corruption by a public officer, forgery and giving false information to an official of the EFCC.

The accused persons both denied all the charges.

The EFCC alleges that between 2012 and 2015 Ajumogobia received a total of $788,000 from various sources into her Diamond Bank Account with number 0032091183.

While being led in evidence by counsel to the EFCC, Mr Rotimi Oyedepo, Oshodi told the court that he met Ofili-Ajumogobia at her chambers at the Federal High Court when he opened an account for her with the bank.

Oshodi, a Branch Manager with Diamond Bank Plc, is the account officer for Ofili-Ajumogobia.

The banker alleged that he often visited the justice’s chambers and also her home whenever she needed his services to make such deposits, which was mostly in dollars.

Oshodi told the packed Courtroom: “I used to meet the judge in her chambers and sometimes in her home, where I’d receive the foreign currency, which was U.S. dollars to deposit into her bank account.

“I introduced one Abba Saidi, a Bureau de Change operator to her when there was a need to change the dollars to naira.

“This mostly happens, when she was not comfortable with a particular transaction.

“There were instances where the deposits exceeded the maximum amount for an individual account, when such instances occur; I pay the maximum amount into her account.

“I then deposit the remaining cash into my account which is paid into her account in subsequent days.”

Counsel to Ofili-Ajumogobia, Mr Wale Akoni (SAN), however, raised objections when EFCC attempted to tender his client’s account statements as evidence on the grounds that he had not reviewed the bank statements.

“The first defendant has been in incarceration since November 10. She needs adequate time and facility to defend herself. I humbly seek an adjournment,’’ Akoni said.

Supporting his request for adjournment, lawyer to Obla, Mr Ifedayo Adedipe (SAN), also said the second defendant had been in incarceration since November 8.

“Given the circumstances in which we had our meetings, it was not even possible to prepare adequately for trial,” Adedipe said. “I will like to request for an adjournment so that we can make judicious use of the time to prepare adequately for trial.”

Justice Hakeem Oshodi in granting an adjournment said that the court would accede to the request for adjournment of this trial for the purpose of fair hearing.

“The case is adjourned to January 9, 2017 for continuation of trial,’’ Oshodi said‎

1 Like

Re: Banker-exposes-dirty-deals-with-embattled by Mynd44: 7:51pm On Nov 28, 2016
Re: Banker-exposes-dirty-deals-with-embattled by odiereke(m): 7:59pm On Nov 28, 2016
This is really becoming very interesting.
Re: Banker-exposes-dirty-deals-with-embattled by CoolFreeday(m): 8:01pm On Nov 28, 2016
Wao...
Re: Banker-exposes-dirty-deals-with-embattled by Leboska(m): 8:02pm On Nov 28, 2016
Believe buhari & mugu abi magu at your own risk, buhari try another method this one no the work again
Re: Banker-exposes-dirty-deals-with-embattled by Caselessness: 8:09pm On Nov 28, 2016
That good-looking woman is an euhedrar thief.
Re: Banker-exposes-dirty-deals-with-embattled by Caselessness: 8:10pm On Nov 28, 2016
Leboska:
Believe buhari & mugu abi magu at your own risk, buhari try another method this one no the work again
we don't need you to believe them , we believe them and that's enough.
Re: Banker-exposes-dirty-deals-with-embattled by GMBuhari: 5:27am On Nov 29, 2016
Some ediots will still say it's a paid witness, a disgruntled banker or APC agent

They said the same thing when bullion van driver and pilot testified that they helped Obanikoro and Fayose move 4Billion

And when Obanikoro came to surrender to EFCC and confirmed the story, they still had rubbish to say

(1) (Reply)

My Stand On Ouk’s Visit To His Igbo Brother – Chidinma Ubani / The Sufferings Of The Southern Kaduna's / Nigerians Are Gradually Forgetting President Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.