Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,407 members, 7,808,450 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:06 PM

Wordpress - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Wordpress (3755 Views)

Wordpress, Joomla & Drupal Which Do You Prefer (state Your Reasons) / I Need A Reliable And Affordable Host For Joomla And Wordpress. / Need A Wordpress Web Designer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wordpress by freelance(m): 10:19am On Jan 08, 2007
I would like to design a site using wordpress. Can any one help me out or give me useful tips about wordpress.

Thanx and Godspeed!
Re: Wordpress by gbengaijot(m): 10:23am On Jan 08, 2007
its very easy, like installing a software.

You need to buy a webhosting plan( it has to support php mysql) and then you go to www. to download the CMS.

That is the first step
Re: Wordpress by freelance(m): 10:31am On Jan 08, 2007
Thanx man.but how much would the web hosting plan cost. thanx a million.
Re: Wordpress by gbengaijot(m): 10:35am On Jan 08, 2007
Mmmmmmmm,

ok, i guess u need to search for the best webhost company.
If you want to make naira payments, then i will suggest www.nairahost.com .

You can always send an email to tell themw hat you need and they will advice you on the best hosting plans.

you can also check www.bravenet.com
Www.hostmonster.co.uk
www.1and1.co.uk
Re: Wordpress by freelance(m): 11:33am On Jan 08, 2007
Thanx man. So when i get a web host, so then how does word press cum 2 place.
Hope am not disturbing u 2 much. take care

Godspeed!
Re: Wordpress by pie1ect(m): 11:59am On Jan 08, 2007
1. Register a Domain Name

2. Find a Good Web Host - HostGator has everything you need to Host your WordPress Site. Almost every Webhosts provide sufficient Support for CMSs ( with a few exceptions)

3. If your WebHost Offers Cpanel, then you can install WordPress on your Home Directory in a matter of a few clicks. If not, go to the wordpress.org, download the CMS Package, unzip it and upload the contents of the unzipped folder directly to your Site (or a specific folder on your Site, as you wish).

4. Customise the Site as you please from the Theme Editor (which can be accessed through the Admin Panel).

My Website is Powered by WordPress and it took me less than 1 hour to get it all setup with additional Plugins and Customisations to the Template.
Re: Wordpress by freelance(m): 12:08pm On Jan 08, 2007
Thanx man. Please can u give me a rough estimate of what it wud cost me to have a site like yours. Thanx man. i appreciate it

Godspeed!
Re: Wordpress by pie1ect(m): 7:44pm On Jan 08, 2007
Rough estimate

1. Domain Registration: GBP 6.99

2. Hosting: I use a Hostgator Reseller that costs $24.95 because I run quite a few websites

3. My Hosting Account provides me Cpanel Option so it was awfully easy to install Wordpress. But if your Hosting Account does not provide Cpanel, you can always upload the files as per the instructions provided.

Download Themes and Customise them to your Taste using the Theme Editor in the Admin.

Have Fun.
Re: Wordpress by Horus(m): 11:31am On Apr 29, 2007
Free Wordpress website templates

Templates: http://chris.lineages.co.uk/Wordpress_template_index.php
Re: Wordpress by walemuse(m): 2:22am On May 19, 2007
Why not check http://www.demo.netsailors.com ? The plan is simple and affordable.

The package consists of:

wordpress template
web hosting with cPanel option
domain registration for 1 year.

I believe it is a very easy way to jump start. The cost is between #14,500- #19,500/ year
Re: Wordpress by mrph: 7:31pm On Jan 27, 2010
Im searching for some 1 to customise a wordpress template for me with CMS

PM me pls if u can
Re: Wordpress by Seton(m): 4:50pm On Jan 29, 2010
@mrph, i think you can do it yourself, just follow this step
1. Get the themes: get it at themes.wordpress.net or you can google it. Then download ir.
2. Unzip software to unzip the downloaded themes
3. an FTP client, my best pick is filezilla, get how to use it at http://wiki.filezilla-project.org/Using
4. Log into you cpanel to upload it, make sure you upload it into 'themes' folder under 'wp-content' folder
5. Log in now into your wordpress admin and goto 'presentation' to change the themes.
6. Use the themes editor in your admin to edit the theme
Re: Wordpress by mbanusick(m): 5:32pm On Jan 29, 2010
Apart from PHP and MySql are there other requirements, thanks guyz 4 all your info grin
Re: Wordpress by mrph: 5:52pm On Jan 29, 2010
@Seton,
Thanks for your help.
Actually I know about uploading a theme, my issue is that I need a theme designed to my taste and look.
I have already designed it on jpg - how I want it to look like. I have not actually seen 1 that satisfies my wants

(1) (Reply)

How To Improve Your Blog Revenue / How To Increase Your Adsense Earnings / How Much Do You Make From Google Adsense Monthly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.