Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,370 members, 7,812,090 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:56 AM

How To Reduce Your Data Usage On The Internet. - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How To Reduce Your Data Usage On The Internet. (971 Views)

How To Reduce Your Data Usage/consumption When Working With Your Computer. / How To Reduce Internet Data Usage On PC / How To Reduce Your Data Usage On The Internet. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Reduce Your Data Usage On The Internet. by lanchy: 5:16pm On Nov 29, 2016
Many people browse the Internet, just as the Internet browses them, by this I mean most people browse the Internet by accessing a link or url of their own interest, others start from their favourite homepage they like visiting for news and updates.
What most people don't consider is how much advertisement is served from these pages, whether you like it or not, you are paying for the privilege of the marketer to show you these ads and messages that flicker and update on most web pages...this is coming from your data allowance, every time the web page provides you with a new advert, it is using your data to communicate with the advertisers/marketers web server providing the adverts, it is big business, but you end up paying for it.
In rich countries this is just a nuisance and annoying at best of times, but in Africa where data is expensive, this is a serious wastgae as most people do not gain from these adverts as they are useless at best of times.

To reduce this annoying data wastage install the following on your Laptops and Desktops and follows some known common sense advice regarding what you install on your browser (Add-On/Widgets).

1. Install ADBlocker software - This is a free simple tool for your web browser, it blocks loading of known adverts in webpages and will reduce data wasted by these adverts. (https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=adblocker&rlz=1C1CHFX_en-gbGB488GB488&oq=adblocker&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l5.2221j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8)

2. Don't just install any add-on/widget some are conduits, some search tools for example act as a go-between for google and send your search not only to google, but to a hackers private server on the Internet, so you are sending data twice every time you search. (https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=adblocker&rlz=1C1CHFX_en-gbGB488GB488&oq=adblocker&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l5.2221j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#q=conduit+search)

Happy surfing!

(1) (Reply)

Laptop Doesn't Detect Device.. / Where Can I Download Photoshop Cs6 For Windows 10? / Uk Use Laptops Seller In Kogi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.