Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,585 members, 7,958,814 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 02:38 AM

Is Anything Wrong With This? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is Anything Wrong With This? (2036 Views)

What Do You Think Is Wrong With African Style Of Parenting? / Is Anything Wrong With This Monthly List A Wife Wrote To Her Husband / Is There Anything Wrong With A Wife Buying A Property In Her Name? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Anything Wrong With This? by darbeelicous(f): 6:28am On Dec 20, 2016
My house is always filled with visitors, year in and out, immediately one leaves, another shows up......... Its either its a sibling, a distant relative or an old friend from the other side! Its annoying most times cos I'll have to share my room, its even worse when they are elderly or not lively, this really makes me uncomfortable! But the beauty of it is that they never stay long.
I was sharing with my friend about a particular visitor who actually refused to go and how we made her leave!Then she condemed our plot and said it was wrong, But how do you tell a visitor that they have overstayed their welcome and that its time for them to leave? It sounds funny right? The worst part is that she is an elderly woman with a child. The idea was that since she was having some sort of challenge she can come over for a few days, but we became worried when days turned into weeks and weeks into months! I practically abandoned my room and adopted the sitting room. We didn't know how to tell her to leave, until one day we told her that we are traveling to our villa since its festive season. She still didn't make any attempt to leave.......we really made emphasis on traveling and set a date too! She never left until the day we were supposed to travel, up till today she still calls us to see how we are doing in the "village" we would just laugh over it knowing that we never had plans to travel at least not anytime soon and it was just our little plot to get her to leave.......... So friends what is wrong with this?

1 Like

Re: Is Anything Wrong With This? by wilybebsy(m): 7:48am On Dec 20, 2016
Same sh!t here
Re: Is Anything Wrong With This? by EfemenaXY: 8:15am On Dec 20, 2016
A lot of elderly, lonely people in the west would gladly give an arm and a leg to get a fraction of what you "enjoy".

1 Like

Re: Is Anything Wrong With This? by Nobody: 8:26am On Dec 20, 2016
What I want u to know is dt u can't satisfy everybody, some will like and some will hate every tips of decision u mk.
Re: Is Anything Wrong With This? by darbeelicous(f): 8:29am On Dec 20, 2016
wilybebsy:
Same sh!t here
some visitors sha?
Re: Is Anything Wrong With This? by wilybebsy(m): 9:16am On Dec 20, 2016
darbeelicous:
some visitors sha?
sometimes i feel like living the house for them..
Re: Is Anything Wrong With This? by Nobody: 9:19am On Dec 20, 2016
Nothing is wrong with it dear. You took the right decision. Some visitors don't have discretion. Some would behave as if you should tell them with your mouth that theyve stayed enough. In some cases its so worse that they'll expect your child to run errands for them all through the day. Privilege is not a right, its an opportunity and shouldn't be abused. Keep up the good gesture sha but just beware of some like this one you described.

3 Likes

Re: Is Anything Wrong With This? by darbeelicous(f): 10:25am On Dec 20, 2016
RadicallyBlunt:
Nothing is wrong with it dear. You took the right decision. Some visitors don't have discretion. Some would behave as if you should tell them with your mouth that theyve stayed enough. In some cases its so worse that they'll expect your child to run errands for them all through the day. Privilege is not a right, its an opportunity and shouldn't be abused. Keep up the good gesture sha but just beware of some like this one you described.
tnks alot.
Re: Is Anything Wrong With This? by darbeelicous(f): 10:28am On Dec 20, 2016
wilybebsy:
sometimes i feel like living the house for them..
lolz you can't leave na..... You just have to endure with patience.
Re: Is Anything Wrong With This? by darbeelicous(f): 10:29am On Dec 20, 2016
emperorgoke:
What I want u to know is dt u can't satisfy everybody, some will like and some will hate every tips of decision u mk.
exactly............. Tnks.
Re: Is Anything Wrong With This? by darbeelicous(f): 10:30am On Dec 20, 2016
EfemenaXY:
A lot of elderly, lonely people in the west would gladly give an arm and a leg to get a fraction of what you "enjoy".
whoa....
Re: Is Anything Wrong With This? by 5minsmadness: 10:34am On Dec 20, 2016
darbeelicous:
whoa....

It's like your home is a really comfortable place.

What's the address again?
Re: Is Anything Wrong With This? by darbeelicous(f): 11:49am On Dec 20, 2016
5minsmadness:

It's like your home is a really comfortable place.

What's the address again?
lolz not really........ But we're okay.
Re: Is Anything Wrong With This? by Nobody: 12:00pm On Dec 20, 2016
dough privacy seems best but we all need our pple to come around sha, but dos once wey dey over stay sha dere own no be here i wonder if dey dont knw dey are painting a picture of dem having serious issues nd all.
Re: Is Anything Wrong With This? by darbeelicous(f): 12:10pm On Dec 20, 2016
askibee:
dough privacy seems best but we all need our pple to come around sha, but dos once wey dey over stay sha dere own no be here i wonder if dey dont knw dey are painting a picture of dem having serious issues nd all.
like seriously........ Looooooongest time.
Re: Is Anything Wrong With This? by Nobody: 12:19pm On Dec 20, 2016
darbeelicous:
like seriously........ Looooooongest time.

how u bae i don miss u,how d break?
Re: Is Anything Wrong With This? by darbeelicous(f): 12:39pm On Dec 20, 2016
askibee:

how u bae i don miss u,how d break?
Adonbiliv you o........ But the break is going great urs?
Re: Is Anything Wrong With This? by Nobody: 12:45pm On Dec 20, 2016
EfemenaXY:

So very true...don't know what part of the Western world you're in, but in America, it really seems like the elderly are "thrown away". So many of them are placed in nursing homes..and are so lonely. They long for companionship (be it family, friends, or even strangers).
Re: Is Anything Wrong With This? by Nobody: 12:46pm On Dec 20, 2016
darbeelicous:
Adonbiliv you o........ But the break is going great urs?

bae haba i love u die.........infact have not been sleeping well dis days ,m rice taste stewless witout u, u ar d air dat i breathe in fact as i knw see u i faint but water nd slap woke me up
Re: Is Anything Wrong With This? by wilybebsy(m): 3:50pm On Dec 20, 2016
darbeelicous:
lolz you can't leave na..... You just have to endure with patience.
how man pikin go do na
Re: Is Anything Wrong With This? by darbeelicous(f): 5:35pm On Dec 20, 2016
askibee:

bae haba i love u die.........infact have not been sleeping well dis days ,m rice taste stewless witout u, u ar d air dat i breathe in fact as i knw see u i faint but water nd slap woke me up
Na so........ Is dat all? Its too small na.

1 Like

Re: Is Anything Wrong With This? by byvan03: 1:48am On Dec 21, 2016
Hope you don't have little kids.kids that grew up in such over exposed home are prone to be molested by the host of relatives that visit .
Re: Is Anything Wrong With This? by baby124: 3:51am On Dec 21, 2016
byvan03:
Hope you don't have little kids.kids that grew up in such over exposed home is prone to be molested by the host of relatives that visit .
I agree. Please stop letting people stay overnight if you have kids. Rather be cautious than use your hands to cause generational problem for yourself. If they need help they can come for a few hrs and go back home.
Re: Is Anything Wrong With This? by byvan03: 12:02pm On Dec 21, 2016
baby124:

I agree. Please stop letting people stay overnight if you have kids. Rather be cautious than use your hands to cause generational problem for yourself. If they need help they can come for a few hrs and go back home.

True.
Re: Is Anything Wrong With This? by Nobody: 1:36pm On Dec 21, 2016
You did the right thing. She should thankGod its not my house she decided to stay that long, I will tell her face to face to leave that am worn out and no money to feed them, not that am against visitors but overstaying is not allowed. I need my space.
Re: Is Anything Wrong With This? by darbeelicous(f): 3:56pm On Nov 24, 2017
You did the right thing. She should thankGod its not my house she decided to stay that long, I will tell her face to face to leave that am worn out and no money to feed them, not that am against visitors but overstaying is not allowed. I need my space.
LMAO...... That's unbelievably true o.

(1) (Reply)

Beautiful Pre-wedding Photos Of A Lady With Her Albino Man / M / How Would You Feel About A Neighbor Giving Your Child "Skushis" To Induce Sleep?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.