Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,777 members, 7,798,599 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:02 AM

I Need Help. - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / I Need Help. (819 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Help. by HayatH(f): 4:53am On Dec 24, 2016
Asc first of all...

I'm not the one that needs help, it's one of my friends. Long story short, she likes this guy, the guy likes her back,been talking for a year now, wants to get married but her parents told her they want a guy from the same race.... he's not black.
I know that's haram, that in islam what matters most is the deen and how strong the iman is but they won't budge. Hell my parents tried talking to them but they won't listen. Do they have another option?
Re: I Need Help. by Nobody: 4:59am On Dec 24, 2016
Try talking to another trusted family member or someone else that her parents respect to try to convince them.

Is it only because of the race or do they have other reasons to be concerned?
Re: I Need Help. by HayatH(f): 5:05am On Dec 24, 2016
snapscore:
Try talking to another trusted family member or someone else that her parents respect to try to convince them.

Is it only because of the race or do they have other reasons to be concerned?

I personally know the guy and he has all the good qualities. They don't know him. Her family has mentioned her marrying her own race before. She has her aunt coming this weekend to talk to her mom but it's unlikely that she'll change her mind... they're very stubborn. But I heard that if your parents refuse to let you marry someone for stupid reasons like this, that you can have your uncle approve of it? Am I wrong?
Re: I Need Help. by Nobody: 5:06am On Dec 24, 2016
well if there is no shareeah reason why thry are preventing her from marrying then after begging them and they still insist, the wali role should be transfered to another person in the family, the grandfather for instance.

The wali does not have the right to prevent a woman from marrying on the basis of his own whims and with no shareeah reason.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Need Help. by HayatH(f): 5:08am On Dec 24, 2016
lexiconkabir:
well if there is no shareeah reason why thry are preventing her from marrying then after begging them and they still insist, the wali role should be transfered to another person in the family, the grandfather for instance.

The wali does not have the right to prevent a woman from marrying on the basis of his own whims and with no shareeah reason.

Yah that's what I thought but her grandparents live in Africa and this girl is in the USA...
Re: I Need Help. by Nobody: 5:09am On Dec 24, 2016
if all her guardians prevent her for no shareeah reason, then the leader of that community(who should be a muslim) will be her wali.
Re: I Need Help. by Nobody: 5:09am On Dec 24, 2016
HayatH:

Yah that's what I thought but her grandparents live in Africa and this girl is in the USA...

how bout her uncles?
Re: I Need Help. by Nobody: 5:13am On Dec 24, 2016
HayatH:

I personally know the guy and he has all the good qualities. They don't know him. Her family has mentioned her marrying her own race before. She has her aunt coming this weekend to talk to her mom but it's unlikely that she'll change her mind... they're very stubborn. But I heard that if your parents refuse to let you marry someone for stupid reasons like this, that you can have your uncle approve of it? Am I wrong?

Yes you can. An uncle from the paternal side.

If they haven't met him, how can they refuse him? Maybe he should pay them a visit. It not like they will chase him out of the house would they?

I would also strongly encourage that istikhara should be performed.
Re: I Need Help. by HayatH(f): 5:13am On Dec 24, 2016
lexiconkabir:

how bout her uncles?

Yah, they're both here.
Re: I Need Help. by HayatH(f): 5:13am On Dec 24, 2016
snapscore:

Yes you can. An uncle from the paternal side.

If they haven't met him, how can they refuse him? Maybe he should pay them a visit. It not like they will chase him out of the house would they?

I would also strongly encourage that istikhara should be performed.

They don't even want to be see him.... as soon as they heard that he's not black, their answer was "hell no"
Re: I Need Help. by Nobody: 5:15am On Dec 24, 2016
HayatH:

They don't even want to be see him.... as soon as they heard that he's not black, their answer was "hell no"

Oh really?

Then I don't know.

I ask Allah to soften their hearts.
Re: I Need Help. by HayatH(f): 5:19am On Dec 24, 2016
snapscore:

Oh really?

Then I don't know.

I ask Allah to soften their hearts.

Me too.
Re: I Need Help. by Nobody: 5:22am On Dec 24, 2016
HayatH:

Yah, they're both here.

then, one of them can do the job, i hope they agree tho.
Re: I Need Help. by Nobody: 5:26am On Dec 24, 2016
HayatH:

Me too.

You know, tell your friend not to worry about it. This is probably a rough time for her but everything will workout the way it's meant to.

If her parents refuse and she decides uses her uncle (from paternal side) as a guardian, then I would still strongly encourage isthikhara.

Ask her if she knows about it. I would try searching for some links about it. Some of them are already here on NL.

In the meantime, just tell her not to worry much.
Re: I Need Help. by HayatH(f): 5:27am On Dec 24, 2016
snapscore:

You know, tell your friend not to worry about it. This is probably a rough time for her but everything will workout the way it's meant to.

If her parents refuse and she decides uses her uncle (from paternal side) as a guardian, then I would still strongly encourage isthikhara.

Ask her if she knows about it. I would try searching for some links about it. Some of them are already here on NL.

In the meantime, just tell her not to worry much.

I will InShaaAllah, thank you for your help

(1) (Reply)

Are There No Muslims In South Africa? / Now, Don't You Believe Islam Is A True And Modest Religion?? / Finally The Picture Of A Tree That Write The Name Of Allah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.