Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,345 members, 7,819,231 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:06 PM

What Reading Books Does. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Reading Books Does. (689 Views)

The Power Of Reading Books / The Power Of Reading / Woman Sacked By Kaduna Electric Faints After Reading Sack Letter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Reading Books Does. by Kazrem(m): 10:59am On Dec 28, 2016
Few days ago I posted elsewhere that if not for the education I had acquired (mostly through reading books and listening to action oriented motivational speakers), I would have been emotionally down and perhaps psychologically affected which may eventually lead to severing relationship with people. But the learning over the years had kept me on going and upbeat. This, of course, is one of the many things reading books has done for me.

Reading motivational books inspires. Motivation as we were taught in college can be intrinsic and extrinsic. Truly the best form of motivation is intrinsic, the one that comes from within but sometimes when one is down, depressed and unhappy he might find it hard even sometimes impossible to motivate himself. At that time, a motivational book could be helpful. It might be the inspiration that will spur you to action at that moment.

Sometimes we don't know what to do next in life. Other times, we know do not know how to if we know what to do. Another time, doing it is hard due to fear and other self limiting beliefs. A book by an author might play the role of a mentor at such time. I have personal of experience of this but time and space would not allow me to that here. It's a story for another day. But suffice to know is that, books can play the role of a mentor.

Sufficiently to say is that you have ample anecdotes as example when you read books if you choose to be a motivational speaker. Experience, they said is the best teacher and I add that the best of experience is a personal story. But in a case where you do not have personal story to share, suitable anecdote from a book you had read could be of help.

This is but few of what reading books does.
I hope you make book lifetime companion like I do.

"To become more, you must be more and to be more you must do more, you cannot do more without reading books" - AbdurRahman Lekki

Good morning.
Kazeem Abolore S.

lalasticlala help your boy move it to FP.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Reading Books Does. by SaintChukz(m): 12:33pm On Dec 28, 2016
@Op....move what to front page? This unedited piece of **** (am refraining from actually speaking my mind) riddled with a lot of typos and sentence construction errors!

Please do the needful first before NL can decide or not if it's worthy of front page.

(1) (Reply)

Looking For Drivers For New Startup / Telecommunications Training @ Www.bitmarkpro.com / Who Else Wants A Free E-book - On How To Start Blogging In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.