Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,300 members, 7,836,311 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:22 AM

How Could I Code The Printing Of Only A Section Of A Web Page - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How Could I Code The Printing Of Only A Section Of A Web Page (715 Views)

THE SECRET CODE: The Master Key That Gives You Everything You Want On Internet / How To Make Google Index Your New Blog Post, Web Page Quickly. / Create Ajax Chat & Learn Web Page Data Xchange via Json Vs Xml (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Could I Code The Printing Of Only A Section Of A Web Page by popin5(m): 4:46pm On Nov 19, 2009
i am doing a work using aspx/C# and another using php, and i want a situation only the main content on the page to be printed. do i create a frame for this content or a CSS? what is d coding (the default function/class to call if any) i could do for this task. Thankyou for anticipated kindness
Re: How Could I Code The Printing Of Only A Section Of A Web Page by sayhi2ay(m): 5:48pm On Nov 19, 2009
popin5:

i am doing a work using aspx/C# and another using php, and i want a situation only the main content on the page to be printed. do i create a frame for this content or a CSS? what is d coding (the default function/class to call if any) i could do for this task. Thankyou for anticipated kindness

Be explicit, C#, php, CSS, frame, which do you want to use? what is the main content on your page ? where do you want it printed to ? are you developing an app or a website? arrrgh!
Re: How Could I Code The Printing Of Only A Section Of A Web Page by yawatide(f): 6:26pm On Nov 19, 2009
poster:
I already answered this for you in the programming section. Do a search for it.

Just in case: Go the print stylesheet route. No need using javascript as one of the poster had suggested as it makes the solution unnecessarily complex.

good luck!
Re: How Could I Code The Printing Of Only A Section Of A Web Page by hostmot(f): 8:05am On Nov 24, 2009
Yeah!

As yawa-ti-de as said, the stylesheet route rules! It really has nothing to do with the programming language you are using.

You can just hide elements you don't want printed in your print.css and check formatting to look good on printout. The key is in testing.

Olawunmi,
Sales Rep., Hostmot (www.hostmot.com)

(1) (Reply)

Get Free Web Advice / New Comer / Cheap Vps Hosting $20 By Opencpnael.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.