Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,255 members, 7,815,391 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:36 AM

Diff And Relationship Between Mathematics And Statistics - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Diff And Relationship Between Mathematics And Statistics (11587 Views)

2015 Cowbell Mathematics Champion, Akinkuowo Honoured By School. / Download Mathematics And Statistics Project Topics And Materials / What Is The Difference Between Bsc Mathematics And Bsc(ed) Mathematics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Diff And Relationship Between Mathematics And Statistics by PROFNICHO(m): 5:28pm On Jan 11, 2007
pls can anybody help me out with this? because am in a state of confussion I study MATHEMATICS and STATISTICS as a course but for the years I used in college I don't know the different and relationship between this two courses. anybody in house should give me the different and relationship between this two courses, because i want to specilize on either MATHEMATICS or STATISTICS for my further education.[color=#006600][/color]
but I love both of them.
Re: Diff And Relationship Between Mathematics And Statistics by manakims: 5:31pm On Jan 11, 2007
does anybody knows how the insigh communication is
Re: Diff And Relationship Between Mathematics And Statistics by ishmael(m): 7:44am On Jan 12, 2007
Statistics is a branch of applied mathematics and must always go together with mathematics. Mathematical methods are used to solve statistical problems and to develop new methods/techniques of solving statistical problems. Statistics cannot be on its own but must always stand with mathematics. Without mathematics statistics will never be, because mathematics is its foundation. The difference between statistics and mathematics is not too significant because most Mathematicians to some extent can act or work as Statisticians and most Statisticians to some extent too can work or act as Mathematicians. Statistics deals mainly with sampling and probability theories which of course involves the use of mathematical methods.
Re: Diff And Relationship Between Mathematics And Statistics by PROFNICHO(m): 12:07pm On Jan 12, 2007
ishmael i understand what u said but i still want more facts on this issue and i want u to advice me what i can do either to go for MATHEMATICS or STATISTICS pls do.

ishmael i want u to be my mentor. and also a friend.

(1) (Reply)

Candidates Without ICT Knowledge Should Forget JAMB – Registrar / Tuition Fees Increment: OAU Students Threaten To Shut Campus / NANS Can’t Shut Private Universities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.