Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,648 members, 7,813,182 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:17 AM

Why Is Gregorian Calender The Most Recognised Calendar Worldwide? - Science/Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Why Is Gregorian Calender The Most Recognised Calendar Worldwide? (49342 Views)

How To Recover Deleted Lost Calendar From Iphone X? / Apple’s Working On A Fix For Mass Icloud Calendar Notification Spam / How To Transfer Calendar From Samsung S4 To S7 Edge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is Gregorian Calender The Most Recognised Calendar Worldwide? by akoredebadru(m): 9:03am On Jan 01, 2017
Happy new year to NL
Re: Why Is Gregorian Calender The Most Recognised Calendar Worldwide? by MAYOWAAK: 9:03am On Jan 01, 2017
Our dualistic (God-devil) reasoning is fake. How do I know? It's because God and the devil are always playing the game according to our rules. We are the God and we are the devil.

Calendars are artificial. On the Gregorian calendar, a year is ending today. But on the other calendars — the Islamic calendar, the Julian calendar, the Ethiopian calendar, the Coptic calendar, etc — there's no year that is ending today.

But because we use the Gregorian calendar and our own year is ending today, then our God is planning to release prophecies to his servants tonight. He is also planning to bless some people in the year that starts from tomorrow. Etc etc etc. God works according to our calendar. That's why he is our own God. Those using the other types of calendar have their own Gods too whose work schedules will surely be different from ours. For instance, Allah is not planning to bless anybody in a new year tomorrow as his own new year isn't starting tomorrow.

And because we use the Gregorian calendar and our own year is ending today, then our demons are planning to prevent some people from seeing the new year tomorrow. They are also planning to wreck havoc in some people's lives in the year that starts from tomorrow. Etc etc etc. Our Satan and demons work according to our calendar. That's why they are our own Satan and demons. Those using the other types of calendar have their own devils too whose work schedules will surely be different from ours.

We are the God and we are the devil.

6 Likes

Re: Why Is Gregorian Calender The Most Recognised Calendar Worldwide? by Madeu(m): 9:04am On Jan 01, 2017
AboveGod:
I think the reason behind the greater influence of the Gregorian calendar is because of the fact that Romans were the world power then. So as a world power, they enforced a lot on the world.
It was never enforced. It has to do with Western Civilisation that influenced the way we do things.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Gregorian Calender The Most Recognised Calendar Worldwide? by naijatoonz: 9:05am On Jan 01, 2017
Happy new year people.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Gregorian Calender The Most Recognised Calendar Worldwide? by Nobody: 9:06am On Jan 01, 2017
evansjeff:
See I fit slap person if you talk that nonsense of Those wey give fvck went that away, Nairaland people sabi mad sha...who start this craze?
Happy new yr

Re: Why Is Gregorian Calender The Most Recognised Calendar Worldwide? by evansjeff(m): 9:08am On Jan 01, 2017
MrTruth4real:

Happy new yr
wish you same
Re: Why Is Gregorian Calender The Most Recognised Calendar Worldwide? by Nobody: 9:08am On Jan 01, 2017
MAYOWAAK:
Our dualistic (God-devil) reasoning is fake. How do I know? It's because God and the devil are always playing the game according to our rules. We are the God and we are the devil.

Calendars are artificial. On the Gregorian calendar, a year is ending today. But on the other calendars — the Islamic calendar, the Julian calendar, the Ethiopian calendar, the Coptic calendar, etc — there's no year that is ending today.

But because we use the Gregorian calendar and our own year is ending today, then our God is planning to release prophecies to his servants tonight. He is also planning to bless some people in the year that starts from tomorrow. Etc etc etc. God works according to our calendar. That's why he is our own God. Those using the other types of calendar have their own Gods too whose work schedules will surely be different from ours. For instance, Allah is not planning to bless anybody in a new year tomorrow as his own new year isn't starting tomorrow.

And because we use the Gregorian calendar and our own year is ending today, then our demons are planning to prevent some people from seeing the new year tomorrow. They are also planning to wreck havoc in some people's lives in the year that starts from tomorrow. Etc etc etc. Our Satan and demons work according to our calendar. That's why they are our own Satan and demons. Those using the other types of calendar have their own devils too whose work schedules will surely be different from ours.

U get sense ehn
Re: Why Is Gregorian Calender The Most Recognised Calendar Worldwide? by nepapole(m): 9:11am On Jan 01, 2017
evansjeff:
See I fit slap person if you talk that nonsense of Those wey give fvck went that away, Nairaland people sabi mad sha...who start this craze?
Bros...

Re: Why Is Gregorian Calender The Most Recognised Calendar Worldwide? by LegendaryArnold(m): 9:12am On Jan 01, 2017
Una like to dey disturb yourself with wetin way no fit hold water.... wetin man go use this info do now? Anyways, happy new year to you all... abeg who dey cook make I come chow new year food grin wink
Re: Why Is Gregorian Calender The Most Recognised Calendar Worldwide? by Nobody: 9:12am On Jan 01, 2017
evansjeff:
see yourselves? This new year una never still change abi, book space upandan

lol
Re: Why Is Gregorian Calender The Most Recognised Calendar Worldwide? by theSpark(m): 9:13am On Jan 01, 2017
Even Saudi joined the gregorian calendar crew last year grin
Re: Why Is Gregorian Calender The Most Recognised Calendar Worldwide? by Tindo167(m): 9:13am On Jan 01, 2017
Where can I find totally free scalable vector images and backgrounds for my own (possibly commercial) use?

Hello there,
i"m going to start my new business on free vector. So, i need a huge number of vector files. I got many free vector site in web but almost every site permit individual license. I need commercial license. After worst a long time in web search engine , i have gotten a site that given free vector with commercial license. The site is http://www.rikbp.com/. Please give me more link like rikbp site. Thanks

Re: Why Is Gregorian Calender The Most Recognised Calendar Worldwide? by evansjeff(m): 9:14am On Jan 01, 2017
Tiny23:

lol
happy new year
Re: Why Is Gregorian Calender The Most Recognised Calendar Worldwide? by evansjeff(m): 9:16am On Jan 01, 2017
nepapole:

Bros...
happy new year
Re: Why Is Gregorian Calender The Most Recognised Calendar Worldwide? by 2dillu2(m): 9:18am On Jan 01, 2017
The western countries use it that's the main reason
Re: Why Is Gregorian Calender The Most Recognised Calendar Worldwide? by Kdon2: 9:19am On Jan 01, 2017
ShakaZullu:

Please permit me to ask this question

Because the gregorian is a scholarstic master piece not religious confusion! Kapish?

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Gregorian Calender The Most Recognised Calendar Worldwide? by MAYOWAAK: 9:20am On Jan 01, 2017
Just have a look at the calendar for the month of September, 1752. Go to Google and type " September 1752 calendar" and see for yourself. You will notice 11 days are simply missing from the month. Here's the explanation: This was the month during which England shifted from the Julian Calendar to the Gregorian Calendar. A Julian year was 11 days longer than a Gregorian year. So, the King of England ordered 11 days to be wiped off the face of that particular month. So, the workers worked for 11 days less that month but got paid for the whole month. That's how the concept of "paid eave" was born. Hail the King!!!In the Roman Julian Calendar, April used to be the first month of the year, but the Gregorian Calendar observed January as the first month. Even after shifting to the Gregorian Calendar, many people refused to give up old traditions and continued celebrating 1st April as the New Year's Day. When simple orders didn't work, the King finally issued a royal dictum which stated that those who celebrated 1st April as the New Year's Day would be labelled as fools. From then on 1st April became April Fool's Day.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is Gregorian Calender The Most Recognised Calendar Worldwide? by uzolexis(f): 9:23am On Jan 01, 2017
2dillu2:
The western countries use it that's the main reason

no, it's cause the catholic church ruled the world centuries ago.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Gregorian Calender The Most Recognised Calendar Worldwide? by davss02(m): 9:23am On Jan 01, 2017
Why all this...well I know you are anti muslim..why are we blaqs this retarded?
Re: Why Is Gregorian Calender The Most Recognised Calendar Worldwide? by Nobody: 9:27am On Jan 01, 2017
Daniel 7: 25

One of the key prophecies about the Antichrist is that he shall plan to change the times and the law which he actually did, and we joyfully accepted it.

Remember, Luke 18: 8....................when the Son of Man cometh, shall He find faith on earth?
Re: Why Is Gregorian Calender The Most Recognised Calendar Worldwide? by christofashion1(m): 9:30am On Jan 01, 2017
You dey talk as if say u get ur own calender, I dey suspect u, pls if we no follow gregorian, se na urs we go follow?You dey talk as if say u get ur own calender, I dey suspect u, pls if we no follow gregorian, se na urs we go follow?You dey talk as if say u get ur own calender, I dey suspect u, pls if we no follow gregorian, se na urs we go follow?
Re: Why Is Gregorian Calender The Most Recognised Calendar Worldwide? by nepapole(m): 9:34am On Jan 01, 2017
evansjeff:
happy new year
Same to u bro..
Re: Why Is Gregorian Calender The Most Recognised Calendar Worldwide? by Jacko1(m): 9:34am On Jan 01, 2017
Happy new year all
Re: Why Is Gregorian Calender The Most Recognised Calendar Worldwide? by ajbf: 9:42am On Jan 01, 2017
bonechamberlain:
Seems only Saudi uses the Muslim calendar, because Muslims here in Nigeria go to mosque on 31st night to also celebrate the new year.
Which Saudi Arabia? Saudi has adopted the Gregorian Calender sometimes last year. Saudi said it will be using it to pay it's workers and for business transaction through the whole kingdom.

3 Likes

Re: Why Is Gregorian Calender The Most Recognised Calendar Worldwide? by kcnwaigbo: 9:48am On Jan 01, 2017
AboveGod:
I think the reason behind the greater influence of the Gregorian calendar is because of the fact that Romans were the world power then. So as a world power, they enforced a lot on the world.
Rome was no longer a world power when the Gregorian calendar was instituted.In fact the calendar was instituted over 1000 years after the fall of the Roman empire and decades after the Protestant reformation

1 Like

Re: Why Is Gregorian Calender The Most Recognised Calendar Worldwide? by kcnwaigbo: 9:49am On Jan 01, 2017
Rotentina:

One of the key prophecies about the Antichrist is that he shall plan to change the times and the law which he actually did, and we joyfully accepted it.

Remember, Luke 18: 8....................when the Son of Man cometh, shall He find faith on earth?
Since you know all this why are you still using the Gregorian calendar?

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Gregorian Calender The Most Recognised Calendar Worldwide? by Nobody: 9:51am On Jan 01, 2017
MAYOWAAK:

i love you bro, I'm still trynna break my family away from the shackles of religion angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is Gregorian Calender The Most Recognised Calendar Worldwide? by gabby1002(m): 9:53am On Jan 01, 2017
Happy new year to us all
Re: Why Is Gregorian Calender The Most Recognised Calendar Worldwide? by ShakaZullu(m): 9:53am On Jan 01, 2017
MAYOWAAK:
Just have a look at the calendar for the month of September, 1752. Go to Google and type " September 1752 calendar" and see for yourself. You will notice 11 days are simply missing from the month. Here's the explanation: This was the month during which England shifted from the Julian Calendar to the Gregorian Calendar. A Julian year was 11 days longer than a Gregorian year. So, the King of England ordered 11 days to be wiped off the face of that particular month. So, the workers worked for 11 days less that month but got paid for the whole month. That's how the concept of "paid eave" was born. Hail the King!!!In the Roman Julian Calendar, April used to be the first month of the year, but the Gregorian Calendar observed January as the first month. Even after shifting to the Gregorian Calendar, many people refused to give up old traditions and continued celebrating 1st April as the New Year's Day. When simple orders didn't work, the King finally issued a royal dictum which stated that those who celebrated 1st April as the New Year's Day would be labelled as fools. From then on 1st April became April Fool's Day.

extremely brilliant piece cool
Re: Why Is Gregorian Calender The Most Recognised Calendar Worldwide? by ShakaZullu(m): 9:54am On Jan 01, 2017
Rotentina:

blah blah blah
Re: Why Is Gregorian Calender The Most Recognised Calendar Worldwide? by Nowenuse: 9:54am On Jan 01, 2017
Western (European) nations and their descendants have been ruling the world and shaping it's course for the last thousand years, so they have the greatest influence.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Man Is Tossed Over Wall By Angry Elk After Ignoring Warning(Pics, Video) / Man Butchers Huge Python After Invading His House, Shows Off Its Big Eggs.Photos / This Python Was Caught At Kubwa, Abuja On Sallah Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.