Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,387 members, 7,830,005 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:49 PM

Dotnet Hosting Error On Web Config Any Help? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Dotnet Hosting Error On Web Config Any Help? (528 Views)

I Have Problem With Dotnet Hosting / Dotnet Hosting Error On Web Config Any Help? / Dotnet Hosting Error On Web Config Any Help? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Dotnet Hosting Error On Web Config Any Help? by luckyCO(m): 10:40am On Nov 21, 2009
I designed asp.net website.
Ran properly in my system but when I host it gives the below problem,

Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

Web.Config Configuration File

configuration
system.web
customErrors mode="Off"
system.web
configuration

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

Web.Config Configuration File

configuration
system.web
customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"
system.web
configuration

Am the one that removed xml tag to enable me save it here.

Any help?

(1) (Reply)

Ccna And Ccsp / New Interest Rate / Constitutional Ammendment;your Suggestions.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.