Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,692 members, 7,816,828 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:08 PM

How To Reduce Excessive Usage Of Android Data Consumption - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Reduce Excessive Usage Of Android Data Consumption (987 Views)

Whatsapp To End Support For Some Versions Of Android And Ios Devices / Unauthorized Usage Of GSM Boosters Is A Crime - NCC / Google Triangle Released To Control Data Consumption (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Reduce Excessive Usage Of Android Data Consumption by Nobody: 12:37am On Jan 08, 2017
How To Reduce Excessive Usage Of Android Data Consumption :

Brought to you from search us on google for more tech tips

If you exhaust 1. 5gb,2.5gb,or more within 2weeks,then this article is for you.

Today I will be showing you guys this solution that I used it help me reduce excessive usage of Android Data consumption.

Have you have been subscribing Etisalat 3.5gb and noticed that it got exhausted within a week.

Do not be surprised, i have got a solution for you on minimizing your 3.5gb so it will last up to 30days allocated for you.I was a victim of this,but after rearising that my backroung data is the reason,i have to find an easy way to stop that from happening again.

It also give me the reason to start tracking my data usage.

You will be seeing notifications even when you are not with your phone.

Here are solution on

How To Reduce Excessive Usage Of Android Data Consumption:

From your menu go to settings and click it as shown below,
Data consumption
go to menu select setting
Once you press setting icon,go to Data Usage
inside setting folder click data usage

Here some people might plan on setting there usage to 50mb per day,trust me you will still increase it because it will be consumed before the end of the day. Because the 50mb you allocated will be exhausted. You can see how my I exhaust 2.24gb in days,below
on the data usage click on the icon ,right side

By the right top corner you will see a small icon beside the data usage. Click the icon as I show in the picture below,
on the icon menu,click restrict app background data

There are many options there :

Restrict App background data, show Wi-Fi, Network Restriction,cellular network.

Tap Restrict App background Data. As shown above picture,
Once you press the a pop up warning will show saying if you restrict cellular background data some app will not function until you are connected to Wi-Fi network tap Ok, as shown below.
tap ok

That is All. You will see the difference from now on and your data will be saved.

This experiment was done with Tecno Camon C9 Android 6 marshmallow.

In case your phone settings are different use the comment section below to let us know the phone your are using and we will guide you on how to go about it.

If you found this article helpful Share and subscribe to our newsletter to get new updates on technology ,yourbuying guides,e.t.c.

Re: How To Reduce Excessive Usage Of Android Data Consumption by menstrualpad: 3:48am On Jan 08, 2017
irrelevant. watch a few matches and movies... especially premier league.... and kiss your data bye

(1) (Reply)

What's The First App Guys/girls Download When They Get A New Phone / This Beautiful Phone Is For Sale / Difference Between A Li-ion And Li-polymer Batteries?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.