Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,660 members, 7,820,324 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:05 PM

The Damned - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Damned (541 Views)

The Damned - Written By Hotwax (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Damned by iyamchee(m): 9:21pm On Jan 12, 2017
Hello Guys..... This is my first time writing a story online. Testing my self at being creative..... All Criticism and Correction would be appreciated.... . . . . Story starts in a bit...
Re: The Damned by iyamchee(m): 9:49pm On Jan 12, 2017
Somewhere in the city of Port Harcourt, William stood at the balcony of his office just staring into space. He was successful. At the age of 34 he had already amassed enough wealth. He had come a long way to be where he was today. After graduating with a first class degree from The University of Port Harcourt and getting his second degree from a university in UK, he had been able to laƱd his dream Job.
Coming from a home where things were hard, it had been a great achievement. He had grown up in Choba. A community filled with a considerable amount of rascals. It was also hard for him to come out successful because of his elder siblings who had all abandoned education and resorted to the streets. He had three older brothers. One had been killed in a cult clash several years ago. The Location of one of the surviving brothers was unknown till this day. His other brother lived with his wife and three Children, jobless. He would be forever thankful to his aunt who had taken him in to live with her when it seemed like he was towing the path of his brothers........
He remembered that fateful day, that his teacher had caught him smoking joints with some bad guys from his street. He reported him to his mother. Begging her to find a way to avoid him suffering the same fate as his brothers. She had called his father's sister and told her immediately. She had taken him in and his life took a total U - turn. He was an exceptionally brilliant kid. Which was a surprise, as his elder brothers were almost retards. He headed into the University after passing his WAEC exams in flying colours. While in the university, he had told him self that he needed not to be distracted by anything. That was why despite the fact that he was extremely handsome and was the toast of the ladies, he never paid them any attention. Many thought he was homosexual.
Re: The Damned by LordZero(m): 10:16pm On Jan 12, 2017
Looks like a good story. .. following. ...
OP ride on.
Re: The Damned by Hundreddegrees(m): 12:05am On Jan 13, 2017
Following
Re: The Damned by iyamchee(m): 1:13am On Jan 14, 2017
William was disturbed by the voice of the intercom.
'Hello sir, you have a call on line 3'
He picked up his landline. 'Hey boo' a soft female voice came over the speaker. It was Belema.
'Hi babe' he replied.'Been a long time though'
'Ehen, so its now that you know. Which kind of lover are you sef. How can two weeks go by and you won't call somebody. Not even to text me. She asked. 'Don't be angry na. It's because of work. You know I'm a busy guy' He replied.
'But you always pick up when I call' She further accused him.
'Don't worry, it won't happen again' That was the best thing to do at that moment, because if he kept defending himself, go would go on with the accusations endlessly. Belema was his boss' daughter. He had met her at her parents wedding anniversary. She looked so hot that day and he made up his mind to have her. He had somehow found himself alone with her at some point in the party and they both struck up a conversation. That was 18 months ago. They never actually date but she called him her lover. They had had several bouts of hot sex.
'I don't even see you around anymore' she kept on 'I didn't know you were like this oh. You just appear and disappear at will. Its not fair'.
'But I said I'm sorry now' he said with his softest voice. 'I've been busy with work, that's all.
'That's a big lie. Ngozi says she sees you almost every Friday at Cubana' she countered.
Damn! How the hell could Ngozi have known. He had never run into her before and besides he didn't know she clubbed there.
'See Belema, I'm sorry. Just tell me how I can make it up to you'. He said.
'Come and spend this weekend at my place'. She replied.
'No I can't. I've got plans-
- 'going to Cubana again shey?? She cut in.
'No na. I have to visit my mom. I promised her I would this weekend. Don't worry, let's make it next weekend.' He said.
She inhaled deeply before replying ' Okay sha. But make sure you call me everyday next week'.
'Don't worry Babe, I will.
'Okay bye'.
'Bye'.
He dropped the receiver and picked up his Samsung galaxy s7 edge, opened whatsapp and messaged his friend Osborn.
'Sure boy, how e dey be na?'
'Abobi, i just finished with work' was the reply almost immediately. That was fast. Thought William.
His friend worked in a prestigious law firm owned by his father.
'Same here man. How the groove dey go tonight?'
'Men, you how it goes down now. But I no dey go Cubana again though'
'As if you know my mind. Belema just called me now. Its like she's keeping tabs on me'.
'Nawa oh. What was she now saying?'
'The usual na'
'That banny no go rest. Its like her guy has gone to Jand again.'
'Lol....anyhow sha. Meet me for my house. We go use my range.'
'Okay na. No P. (Thumbs up emoji).
Osborn was his 'tight man'. He had met him at the University of Reading while he was doing his Masters program. They met at a party organized by the school's association of Nigerian students. It was the last get together party for their set as they had just concluded their program and graduated. When they both found out they stayed in Port Harcourt, they exchanged numbers. They had even left the venue together. It was the best night of his life, the night he lost his virginity.

(1) (Reply)

Become A Famous Writer / FICTION: Lily Hooks Up With An Old Friend / E Go Better

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.