Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:14 AM

Fpl Tips - Transfer Market Analysis: The Good, Bad And The Undecided - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fpl Tips - Transfer Market Analysis: The Good, Bad And The Undecided (534 Views)

Unsettled Transfer Market Between Liverpool And Manchester United / Batshuayi Out.....lukaku In......good/bad? / Fpl Tips - Reviewing The Bots Vs Experts Article (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Fpl Tips - Transfer Market Analysis: The Good, Bad And The Undecided by Harvard13(m): 2:20am On Jan 17, 2017
Good morning and welcome to a new series I would be doing hopefully till the end of the season.

I call it the transfer market analysis; the good, bad and the undecided. Here I look at the top 5 transferred in and out players at the end of the last day of game week matches and TRY to work out if it will be a hit or miss. Those who I feel don’t clearly fall into any category fall into the undecided group.

Ill also be giving my reasons for calling it/them hits or misses and we can check out how wrong or right I was at the end of the week.

Kane tops the transfers in chat with 94,976 in and has undergone a price rise but despite scoring a hat trick in his last game, he wasn’t previously much on form and faces a hard fixture next according to the ticker* so despite it feeling like a success, I’m still undecided on that one.

Lukaku is a complete good! Form and fixtures and no
midweek game screams buy! Alonso tho is a tricky one. With just one easy fixture in the next 3, some might argue against but for those who have watched him, Alonso plays like a winger and even if Chelsea do not keep cleanies in the harder games, his attacking output could come in handy and anyway, hull at home is so hard to resist.

Coutinho goes in the bad category not because he has a bad fixture but mainly because he hasn’t even played a full game since his recovery and though unlikely, the coach might still want to ease him back against a “weak” Swansea side. If his fitness is to be built before that, Liverpool have a must win midweek FA cup fixture and for such an injury prone player, it would have been better to wait till Tuesday night IMO.

Then there is Alli whose case is similar to kane’s though he has form but I still don’t think he is a top priority in the midfield ranks for this week with the fixture involved.

For TRANSFERS OUT, Costa tops the chart with 165,733 sellers. This comes after being omitted from the squad this past weekend and rumours of being exiled arose. The truth is that despite those absolutely believable rumours, Conte hasn’t backed them which means that the injury claim is our strongest base and recovery before a fixture against hull is still within reach. The caveat is that the fixtures after that aren’t nice and with other strikers performing, his sale is justifiable but still falls within the undecided category.

Our dear former favourite Ake is definitely a good transfer out. Out of the starting line-up and dropping in price, there is no reason to keep. Likewise Zaha. Off to the nations cup and set to miss next week games and probably more, there is no reason to keep.

Then we have another former favourite Capoue. Cheap, starting and on set pieces, he was the darling of most squads at the beginning and forged a strong love-hate relationship with most managers but a slide in output from both him and the watford squad as a whole means his sale is justified especially for those who didn’t buy early as his price is rapidly falling.

Liverpools Adam Lalana is a curious case. Personally, ive not being a fan but he had form and a good fixture and the return of coutinho (confusing I know) could spark something again. Also there is no stand out go to option at the moment which makes selling before Swansea at anfield seem like a bad decision to me.

That’s it. Remember, reasons stated here can change and the writer isn’t trying to discourage any buyers or sellers but trying to check out the timing of the transfers. As always, your input is highly welcomed.

*The ticker used is from the official premier league mobile app.

(1) (Reply)

Paris 4-0 Barcelona: Five Reasons For Valentine Day Massacre / I Am Not For Sale -john Terry / Malaga Vs Barcelona 8:00pm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.