Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,204 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:38 PM

An Engineer Who Hates Engineering - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / An Engineer Who Hates Engineering (864 Views)

Company To Pay Damages For A French Engineer Who Died While Having Sex / Meet The Young Nigerian Female Engineer Who Works As An Aircraft Mechanic. Photo / What Certification Can I Do As An Engineer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Engineer Who Hates Engineering by engrtee(f): 3:54pm On Jan 18, 2017
i realy dont know if i am the only one with this issue. I applied for engineering because of the prestige and lucrative packages attached to the course. Telling my parents i wanted to be a writter would be suicide mission. I love writing short stories.poem.random thought .anything.

School days was hell. I pushed through course work hoping to find a course that could click with me. On branch of engineering interest me.

When i see a lot of people around school that seem ve enjoy the class. I ask myself : do i really belong here?

At a point , i almost called it quit. But when i remember my dad would not be happy with that. I managed to hang on

now i an an engineering graduate whose attitude about engineering ranges from indifference to hatred. I foot have any passion for anything related to engineering. How do i cope ? Pretend that i love the job when deep down i have it. I an currently terrible at engineering. What do i do ?
Re: An Engineer Who Hates Engineering by kilokeys(m): 4:15pm On Jan 18, 2017
engrtee:
i realy dont know if i am the only one with this issue. I applied for engineering because of the prestige and lucrative packages attached to the course. Telling my parents i wanted to be a writter would be suicide mission. I love writing short stories.poem.random thought .anything.

School days was hell. I pushed through course work hoping to find a course that could click with me. On branch of engineering interest me.

When i see a lot of people around school that seem ve enjoy the class. I ask myself : do i really belong here?

At a point , i almost called it quit. But when i remember my dad would not be happy with that. I managed to hang on

now i an an engineering graduate whose attitude about engineering ranges from indifference to hatred. I foot have any passion for anything related to engineering. How do i cope ? Pretend that i love the job when deep down i have it. I an currently terrible at engineering. What do i do ?

ur moniker says something different..
so i could say , if engineering in naija was at par with the rest of the world, u might still do it..

but here.. nothing to write home about..

i am an engineering graduate.. but i switched careers... now into HSE.. but i did a lot of stuff along the way.. recorded two songs, was a chef for a while, a facility manager, went into loans , became an executive assistant , did a little poetry, teach guitars ( still do), into cryptocurrencies.. bla bla bla
( under three years)

my point is, u can do everything and anything u want to do..

write and be employed.. try other stuff..

the likes of plato , socrates , davinci were many things in one.. philosophers, musicians, engineers and artists.. why limit urself to ''writing''?

1 Like

Re: An Engineer Who Hates Engineering by Theyveedo(m): 4:29pm On Jan 18, 2017
lipsrsealed
Re: An Engineer Who Hates Engineering by blackbriar: 10:14am On Jan 19, 2017
Engineering is fun, Its Engineering classes that are devilish, You could go into Management, become a Project Engineer or even a HR Engineer, or a infrastructural planner and get the juicy jobs with WHO,ICRC,DFID etc.
All those calculus will learnt in class you hardly use except you are a research or design engineer, even as a design engineer you start as a draftsman. i know so many chartered Engineers(COREN) who work in big financial institutions.
See your Engineering degree as another Key to open that success door, not certainly not the only key

(1) (Reply)

100% Practical Web Development Training In Ikeja At N39.999k. New Class 9/1/17 / I Am Tired Of Schooling / The Architects Registration Council Of Nigeria (ARCON) Refuses To Back Down.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.