Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,853 members, 7,817,525 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:45 PM

Why Do We Really Exist - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do We Really Exist (1070 Views)

Does God Really Exist / Do Mermaids Really Exist??? / How Many Heavens Really Exist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do We Really Exist by akindlesfarm: 12:46am On Jan 22, 2017
I've sometimes taught that we do exist in other to look after smaller creatures and nature altogether but that thinking has changed tremendously because I discovered that we humans are greedy, egoistic, self centred and destructive. We believe strongly in anthropocentrism, that we humans are made to conquer and subdue this is not farfetched from our various religious believes, we work very hard to live a very comfortable life for our self at the detriment of our source and origin
( nature), rather we create a world full of sufferings for many, full of poverty disease and false hope. No wonder our world is so flawed. The very thing you hear from every youth is am gonna make it, drive a flashes car, build a palatial house and live a flamboyant life ( which are mere illusion and a play of the mind), but is that our very essence of existence? Remember the dinosaurs roamed the earth for millions of years and are extinct and I believe we are on that part of extinction faster than we can ever imaging if we don't take drastic measures towards our priorities. Pls I want your comment, why do you think we exist? Is it to behold reality, or to live big ( wish is a mere illusion) or to look after the earth which we are not necessarily doing?
Re: Why Do We Really Exist by itsik(m): 1:02am On Jan 22, 2017
O jou mu.
Do I know?
Re: Why Do We Really Exist by akindlesfarm: 7:37am On Jan 22, 2017
itsik:
O jou mu. Do I know?
I suggest you should know perhaps it might be of help
Re: Why Do We Really Exist by akindlesfarm: 10:54pm On Jan 22, 2017
akindlesfarm:
I suggest you should know perhaps it might be of help
Re: Why Do We Really Exist by akindlesfarm: 12:09pm On Jan 23, 2017
pls I need your suggestion
Re: Why Do We Really Exist by Nobody: 1:12pm On Jan 23, 2017
akindlesfarm:
pls I need your suggestion
And how can you know that the purpose of our existence is not to live a greedy, flamboyant life?

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Really Exist by akindlesfarm: 9:39pm On Jan 23, 2017
Vanceastro:

And how can you know that the purpose of our existence is not to live a greedy, flamboyant life?

Because not every body have the opportunity to live such life. if such is our purpose everyone should be able to live happily, but not greedily it has never helped and would never help it the way the world was formed to operate.
Re: Why Do We Really Exist by Immorttal: 8:50am On Jan 24, 2017
Life is an illusion, it doesn't really exist, when we die we realise these.
Re: Why Do We Really Exist by akindlesfarm: 10:38am On Jan 24, 2017
Immorttal:
Life is an illusion, it doesn't really exist, when we die we realise these.
wow, I kind of hold on to your contribution but what's the necessity of the illusion is it to train us or some sort of another thing.
Re: Why Do We Really Exist by Immorttal: 10:42am On Jan 24, 2017
akindlesfarm:

wow, I kind of hold on to your contribution but what's the necessity of the illusion is it to train us or some sort of another thing.
I believe we are here to learn and that is the most logical answer after studying and scrutinizing different concepts and ideologies, evil is a part of the learning curve. In fact evil teaches us more than good, forget Religion, it will install a veil in your eyes and change your perception.
Re: Why Do We Really Exist by akintom(m): 10:57am On Jan 24, 2017
akindlesfarm:
I've sometimes taught that we do exist in other to look after smaller creatures and nature altogether but that thinking has changed tremendously because I discovered that we humans are greedy, egoistic, self centred and destructive. We believe strongly in anthropocentrism, that we humans are made to conquer and subdue this is not farfetched from our various religious believes, we work very hard to live a very comfortable life for our self at the detriment of our source and origin
( nature), rather we create a world full of sufferings for many, full of poverty disease and false hope. No wonder our world is so flawed. The very thing you hear from every youth is am gonna make it, drive a flashes car, build a palatial house and live a flamboyant life ( which are mere illusion and a play of the mind), but is that our very essence of existence? Remember the dinosaurs roamed the earth for millions of years and are extinct and I believe we are on that part of extinction faster than we can ever imaging if we don't take drastic measures towards our priorities. Pls I want your comment, why do you think we exist? Is it to behold reality, or to live big ( wish is a mere illusion) or to look after the earth which we are not necessarily doing?
We exist for the very purpose, that the individual of us have discovered.
The very purpose(s) are as varied as the human beings.
Re: Why Do We Really Exist by akindlesfarm: 11:45am On Jan 24, 2017
Immorttal:
I believe we are here to learn and that is the most logical answer after studying and scrutinizing different concepts and ideologies, evil is a part of the learning curve. In fact evil teaches us more than good, forget Religion, it will install a veil in your eyes and change your perception.
that's true and I also believe that there are forces trying to deceive us and confuse us from knowing our true essence, in that case making our learning process a much difficult one but only the enlightened can understand this fact.
Re: Why Do We Really Exist by Immorttal: 12:16pm On Jan 24, 2017
akindlesfarm:

that's true and I also believe that there are forces trying to deceive us and confuse us from knowing our true essence, in that case making our learning process a much difficult one but only the enlightened can understand this fact.
I thought i was the only one that have this thought pattern, that is exactly my ideology and believe. Am into research to try to understand whether these forces are the ones that invent the idea of religion to inhibit our true potential as well as control us from getting out of control. Am into research about what i call Global Reboot, ie clearing and starting afresh when technology and weird stuffs took over humanity, i believe the reboot is the reason why we have the magnificent pyramids, they somehow decided to leave it unscathed.
Re: Why Do We Really Exist by akindlesfarm: 5:19pm On Jan 24, 2017
Immorttal:
I thought i was the only one that have this thought pattern, that is exactly my ideology and believe. Am into research to try to understand whether these forces are the ones that invent the idea of religion to inhibit our true potential as well as control us from getting out of control. Am into research about what i call Global Reboot, ie clearing and starting afresh when technology and weird stuffs took over humanity, i believe the reboot is the reason why we have the magnificent pyramids, they somehow decided to leave it unscathed.
the pyramid is weird to me, it is seen almost in every part of the ancient world maybe it trying to pass a message because I don't know what enticed the ancient world to build them.
Re: Why Do We Really Exist by Nobody: 11:07pm On Jan 25, 2017
akindlesfarm:

Because not every body have the opportunity to live such life. if such is our purpose everyone should be able to live happily, but not greedily it has never helped and would never help it the way the world was formed to operate.
Well all these are based on the assumption that our existence is of a purpose.

(1) (Reply)

Rccg Sunday School 25 June, 2017 / 17 Differences Between A Stage And An Altar!!! / Yoruba Story Of Creation. Fact Or Fiction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.