Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,338 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:31 AM

Modified - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Modified (566 Views)

Modified / . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Modified by Hawlahscho(m): 6:49pm On Feb 01, 2017
Re: Modified by eraly(m): 6:55pm On Feb 01, 2017
Hawlahscho:
Without excess stories, all I want to achieve on a WordPress page is;

ON THE SAME PAGE CONTAINING DIFFERENT SERIES OF TEXTS AND BUTTONS (LINKS)

I want a specific paragraph to be shown to some users or a particular COMMUNITY ROLE
Another paragraph or content (OF THE SAME PAGE) shown to another selected COMMUNITY ROLE
And so on.

My PHP is not that sound, pls who knows of any plugin that will perfectly fit in for this?
Even if you dont know, try to mention a friend who may know.

Thanks in advance.

I know of som1
Re: Modified by webdeveloperqx: 11:00pm On Feb 01, 2017
WordPress offers what you want to do.
1. Register custom roles
2. When user sign up, give them a role
3. When you publish your content, you can also set those who can see it by the custom roles that you have created.

Get started at codex.wordpress.org

I write WordPress themes and plugins.

Contact me @ webdeveloperqx@gmail.com
Re: Modified by Donald3d(m): 1:28pm On Feb 02, 2017
Hawlahscho:

I want a specific paragraph to be shown to some users or a particular COMMUNITY ROLE
Another paragraph or content (OF THE SAME PAGE) shown to another selected COMMUNITY ROLE
And so on.

My PHP is not that sound, pls who knows of any plugin that will perfectly fit in for this?

Thanks in advance.
You can make of a user role plugin , no need to develop from scratch
Re: Modified by bassdow: 9:11pm On Feb 02, 2017
Hawlahscho:

And so on.

Thanks in advance.

You can achieve this combining raw php combined with WordPress specific functions.
Really simple if you know even very little php and can Google around.

Post your codes here and anyone of us can help.
Re: Modified by oswaggiee(m): 3:57am On Feb 03, 2017
Hmmmm,u want to give each user a particular role and then enable them to view some items corrseponding to their roles...right??

then i think u should install buddypress on ur wordpress, Cus its now more like a community

(1) (Reply)

Globalhosting247.com / Be Your Own Boss In A Couple Month:9 Professional Ict Courses You Can Enroll For / This Beautiful Blog+Adsense +Domain Is For Sale At The Cheapest Rate Ever

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.