Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,781 members, 7,813,579 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:24 PM

Please Help - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Please Help (458 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help by IamAlexander: 9:18am On Feb 06, 2017
Hello Experts in the house,

I drive a 2009 toyota camry with a mileage less than 120,000km. From the start, i service it every 3months. However, I notice that before the mileage got to this, somewhere below 100,000KM when i do the service, i don't have to add engine oil again until next service but this is not the case anymore. Ever since the mileage is above 100,000KM, this has changed. I have to buy 2litre oil before its due for next service to top it as i get ''Low Oil Pressure'' notification on the dash board. Mind you, I was thinking probably it could be the engine wearing-out but it doesn't smoke.

Please what is the problem. Why is my engine shorting oil? And what is the solution.
Re: Please Help by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:53am On Feb 06, 2017
What type of engine oil do you use?
Re: Please Help by IamAlexander: 10:41am On Feb 06, 2017
I changed to Mobil xhp when the problem started.
Re: Please Help by falzthebadguy: 12:17pm On Feb 06, 2017
IamAlexander:
I changed to Mobil xhp when the problem started.

Overhaul engine. Valve stem seals and piston rings replacement.

That's the cheaper option.
Re: Please Help by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:46pm On Feb 06, 2017
in addition, use original Oem parts, measure bores and decide on the best decision when installing piston rings. If the bores are worn you will not get good results.
Re: Please Help by IamAlexander: 5:32pm On Feb 06, 2017
GAZZUZZ:
in addition, use original Oem parts, measure bores and decide on the best decision when installing piston rings. If the bores are worn you will not get good results.

Thanks a lot.

(1) (Reply)

Nomic Autonomous Vehicle: Check In And Enjoy The Ride! / 10 Driving Tips To Keep You Safe During Ramadan / Car Tracker Installation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.