Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,987 members, 7,817,908 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:36 PM

Please Read - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Please Read (266 Views)

Are You In Okota Lagos Please Read / Christmas Xtrayaganza Promo Please And Please Read Carefully Thanks / When Investing Into Real Estate Please Read, Watch Video And Give Us Feed Back. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Please Read by alimablessing: 6:53pm On Feb 28, 2017
I was living in a 2 bedroom house in Lagos last year due to some reasons (personal) i relocated but before relocating i told my landlord that my former colleague will occupy the place while i am away so she can pay me the remaining rent of 1year and 6months the landlord said he is not accepting third party that he will prefer to refund my money. Since he is an elderly man and a barrister i accepted. When i wanted to leave the house he called me for a meeting and told me he will pay me #600,000 just because i don’t want any issue or problem i accepted the offer of #600000 even thou that was not what i expected. He promised to pay me last year may (2016) and i did not collect any writing agreement from him which i later regretted. Initially when i moved in to the house he gave me an agreement booklet but i countered some of the info on the agreement booklet and returned to him for update and we never discussed on it again since everything occurred almost at the peak of exiting the house. Last year December 2016 he paid me #200000 after a series of begging via text and promised to pay me the balance before the end of the year 2016 but till date he still owes me #400000. Someone else has occupied the place based on the info i got from people living around the place. Please if i have to open up a case do you think i can win since all i have as evidence is watzapp conversation (thou that is just the least since i don’t even have any money to pay lawyer now). Since he is a barrister with Lagos state do you think it will be better if i report him to his office? I have been wondering why he does not want to pay because he has children schooling abroad and he has the money. Please i just need your sincere opinion.
Re: Please Read by Astrogeotech01: 7:10pm On Feb 28, 2017
alimablessing:
I was living in a 2 bedroom house in Lagos last year due to some reasons (personal) i relocated but before relocating i told my landlord that my former colleague will occupy the place while i am away so she can pay me the remaining rent of 1year and 6months the landlord said he is not accepting third party that he will prefer to refund my money. Since he is an elderly man and a barrister i accepted. When i wanted to leave the house he called me for a meeting and told me he will pay me #600,000 just because i don’t want any issue or problem i accepted the offer of #600000 even thou that was not what i expected. He promised to pay me last year may (2016) and i did not collect any writing agreement from him which i later regretted. Initially when i moved in to the house he gave me an agreement booklet but i countered some of the info on the agreement booklet and returned to him for update and we never discussed on it again since everything occurred almost at the peak of exiting the house. Last year December 2016 he paid me #200000 after a series of begging via text and promised to pay me the balance before the end of the year 2016 but till date he still owes me #400000. Someone else has occupied the place based on the info i got from people living around the place. Please if i have to open up a case do you think i can win since all i have as evidence is watzapp conversation (thou that is just the least since i don’t even have any money to pay lawyer now). Since he is a barrister with Lagos state do you think it will be better if i report him to his office? I have been wondering why he does not want to pay because he has children schooling abroad and he has the money. Please i just need your sincere opinion.

this is a serious issues oooo..

(1) (Reply)

In Dire Need Of A Two Bedroom Apartment/mini Flat For Rent Around Pwd/shogunle. / Newly Built 3 Bedroom For RENT At Onike,sabo(yaba)...lagos / To Let In Yaba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.