Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,676 members, 7,816,777 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:53 PM

36govs's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 36govs's Profile / 36govs's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (of 12 pages)

Culture / Re: Yeye Oge Pays Courtesy Visit To Ooni Ife - Pictures by 36govs: 6:39pm On May 18, 2017

Culture / Yeye Oge Pays Courtesy Visit To Ooni Ife - Pictures by 36govs: 6:39pm On May 18, 2017
Yeye Oge Of Okun Land Strengthens The Relationship Between Okun And Ile Ife.

Okun is the Yoruba speaking region in the West Senatorial District of Kogi State and the Yeye Oge is the custodian of the Okun tradition and culture. Yeye Omoleye Adebanji Aiyelabowo, the Yeye Oge in her quest to uphold the Okun tradition and culture has today met with the Ooni of Ife, arole oduaa,oonirisa,Oba Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi.Ojaja II, for the development of the Okun cultural heritage.

Your Imperial Majesty, I and my entourage are here this day 17th may,2017 understanding our origin as Okuns. History has it that we are descendants from Ile Ife and it is needful that we come pay homage to our Imperial Majesty and as well reconnect ourselves to the blessings of our tradition and cultural heritage. Our visit is to also enhance our relationship with Ife especially the Palace. These were the words of the Yeye Oge.

In the Yeye Oge's team, was the Senior Special Assistant on Youth Empowerment(West) to Kogi State Governor, who is also an indigen of the Okun nation. He conveyed the greetings of Kogi State Government led by His Excellency, Alhaji Yahaya Bello, the Executive Governor to the Ooni of Ife. The SSA, Hon. Adebanji Aiyelabowo noted the roles the Okun community is playing in the development of Kogi State and as well appreciated His Imperial Majesty, Oba Ogunwusi for his support for the Okun community world wide.

The Yagba East Local Government traditional council Secretary Mrs Mary Omolayo Adeniyi was also one of the visitors who spoke out to the hearings of the Ooni. In her brief statement, She solicited for the continuous support of the Palace to the Okuns.

His Imperial Majesty, who gladly received the visitors, expressed his excitement and joy to have the people of Okun in Kogi State come identify with their history and ancestors.

The people of Okun are peaceful, accommodating and progressive minds. I have so many friends, associates, sons and daughters from Kogi state and Okun to be precise. The Oba has said.

Further more, he shared a lot of historical events with the visitors and promised to uphold the relationship between the Okuns especially in Kogi and the Palace. I will henceforth include the Okuns into programs and projects of Ile Ife to the development of the Okun nation.

The visitors didn't fail in presenting the Okun Attire among other items brought from Kogi as souvenir to the Ooni of Ife and with fulfilment on the faces of the Yeye Oge of Okun land and her entourage, they appreciated the Oba and prayed for him. In return, His Imperial Majesty blessed the visitors as they departed and he sent them forth in peace.

Source : "http://40ng.com/yeye-oge-pays-courtesy-visit-to-ooni-ife-pictures/"

Cc; lalasticlala

Politics / Re: Kogi Government Distributes 260 Motorcycles, 10 Trucks To Vigilante Service by 36govs: 6:26pm On May 18, 2017

Politics / Kogi Government Distributes 260 Motorcycles, 10 Trucks To Vigilante Service by 36govs: 6:25pm On May 18, 2017
The government of Kogi State has reemphasised its total commitment to the peaceful coexistence and safety of the people of the state. The State Security Adviser, Navy Commander Jerry Omodara (Rtd.), said this on Thursday, May 18th 2017 at the at the Confluence Stadium, Lokoja, while presenting 260 motorbikes and 10 Ford trucks to officers of the Kogi State Vigilante Service on behalf of the Governor Yahaya Bello administration.

He said the significant improvement in security witnessed in the last 14 months in the State was testament to the considerable investment the New Direction government has made in the sector. He said the development of the state will be built on a firm foundation of peace and security.

"When we came on board, there were 93 expatriates living and working in Kogi State, today there are over 170," Mr. Omodara said. "Before this government, Kogi was one of the many states where warnings were issued not to visit. In the last four months, we have hosted the United States Ambassador, the British High Commissioner and the European Union Ambassador to Nigeria. These are indications that we are getting it right and the international community has noticed the improvement. Kogi is ripe and ready for investment.

"What we are doing today is providing support for officers of the Kogi State Vigilante Service. One motorbike will be going to each ward in the state, and the Commander at the local government level will get an extra motorbike. This crimes to a total of 260 motorcycles. This is to aid community policing, which we believe is a vital part of our security architecture.

"The trucks will be stationed at some points along some major roads where there are flashes of armed robbery and kidnappings."

The Commander of the Kogi State Vigilante Service, Col. Hassan Aliyu (RTd.), promised the judicious deployment and use of the vehicles provided. He said the service would ultimately recruit and train 3,000 officers across the state.

One of the recruits, Adepoju Suleiman, praised the Governor of the State for being steadfast and committed to battling insecurity.

"I am happy that our roads are safer today. There was a time you couldn't travel from Lokoja to Kabba without fear. Now, you can even travel at night and be sure that you will arrive safely. We promise not to fail in our task of keeping our communities safe. We will use these vehicles to the glory of God and the betterment of Kogi State."

a

Source : http://40ng.com/kogi-government-distributes-260-motorcycles-10-trucks-to-vigilante-service/

Properties / Re: Three Storey Building Collapses At Ilasa, Lagos (Photos, Video) by 36govs: 4:15pm On May 18, 2017
Properties / Re: Photos : Collapsed 3-storey Building, Abimbola Street, Ilasa, Lagos by 36govs: 4:06pm On May 18, 2017
cc; lalasticlala
Properties / Re: Photos : Collapsed 3-storey Building, Abimbola Street, Ilasa, Lagos by 36govs: 3:51pm On May 18, 2017

Properties / Re: Photos : Collapsed 3-storey Building, Abimbola Street, Ilasa, Lagos by 36govs: 3:51pm On May 18, 2017

Properties / Photos : Collapsed 3-storey Building, Abimbola Street, Ilasa, Lagos by 36govs: 3:46pm On May 18, 2017
Am impressed with response of Lagos emergency team today,highly impressed within 30mins of a collapsed building at ilasa end of abimbola street within Johnson wax axis , 40ng.com Reporting Live in Lagos State.

Pictures below.

Source : http://40ng.com/photos-collapsed-3-storey-building-abimbola-street-ilasa-lagos/

Cc; lalasticlala

Celebrities / "I Saw Olajumoke Yesterday" - My Happy New Month Message To Nairalanders by 36govs: 7:24am On May 01, 2017
On my way to a ministration yesterday, I drove through a route and I saw OLAJUMOKE. You remember that Olajumoke? I mean that Olajumoke, the bread seller turned model. I saw her yesterday. If you are in Lagos ,you must have noticed some bill boards erected here and there with the pictures of some people ,mostly celebraties in the music and film industry, and other great personality​ in celebrating Lagos at 50.

I have been seeing this boards here and there with those faces we know. But one caught my attention yestarday. I saw Olajumoke Orisaguna, that bread seller turned model on a bill board and this inscription "Lagos, my success story" was written on it.
As I drove pass that bill board, many thoughts ran through my head.

Many of those faces on other bill boards are people who have been in their various field for years and they worked tiredlessly before ascending the stage of stardom. But this Olajumoke, from 'no where' was picked on the street where she was selling bread. She was polished, and now she sits with the nobles.

I am not here to debate whether it was right for her to be selected as part of those people whose faces are showing on those Lagos @ 50 boards. That is not my focus this morning. I am only saying, when God decides to turn to you, then it will be your turn and the whole world will turn their faces to you to celebrate you.

One thing I know from her story is the fact that, she was selling bread! She was not idle! That day she 'stumbled' on that opportunity that birthed a global celebration for her, she was at her duty post! She was selling bread!!
Friends, don't be discouraged with your own 'bread selling'.

Sell it! Hawk it! Sell it with all your strength. Sell it with optimism. Sell it with dignity and focus. Hawk it everywhere. You will not continue in the sun forever. One day is coming and it is closer than you imagine, a destiny helper and lifter like T.Y Bello will see you where you are selling your 'bread'.

From Vivian Gist Nigeria

Cc; lalasticlala

Events / Re: Pretty Lawyer Finally Marries Her Soldier Heartthrob After Years Of Dating. PICS by 36govs: 3:27pm On Apr 30, 2017
www.MakaPedia.Com is Launching Soon , is not a Blog , is Not a Forum , is Not a Ponzi or MLM Website , is more than what you think , you will Gain and i will Gain too , Equal and Fast , simply click here to check it and Register .. https://www.makapedia.com/wp-login.php?action=register
Politics / Re: Africa Rejects Europe's 'dirty Diesel' (read bolded parts) by 36govs: 3:26pm On Apr 30, 2017
www.MakaPedia.Com is Launching Soon , is not a Blog , is Not a Forum , is Not a Ponzi or MLM Website , is more than what you think , you will Gain and i will Gain too , Equal and Fast , simply click here to check it and Register .. https://www.makapedia.com/wp-login.php?action=register
Celebrities / Re: Okorocha Appoints Uriel Oputa As Imo State Carnival Ambassador (Photo, Video) by 36govs: 3:26pm On Apr 30, 2017
MakaPedia.Com is Launching Soon , is not a Blog , is Not a Forum , is Not a Ponzi or MLM Website , is more than what you think , you will Gain and i will Gain too , Equal and Fast , simply click here to check it and Register .. https://www.makapedia.com/wp-login.php?action=register
Politics / Re: Richest States In Nigeria by 36govs: 9:19am On Apr 28, 2017
cool cool

1 Like

Politics / Re: PDP Anambra Dares Willie Obiano - Press Release by 36govs: 2:26pm On Apr 11, 2017

4 Likes

Politics / Re: PDP Anambra Dares Willie Obiano - Press Release by 36govs: 2:25pm On Apr 11, 2017

4 Likes

Politics / PDP Anambra Dares Willie Obiano - Press Release by 36govs: 2:24pm On Apr 11, 2017
...says, stop deceiving our people with your community project.
...you must account for LGA funds.
...accuses him of misappropriation of over 100 billion naira.
The PDP Anambra State has dared the governor of the state, Chief Willie Obiano over his handling of the local govts funds and accused him of misappropriation.
In a letter to the governor dated April 10, 2017 and obtained by APGA Interactive Forum media, signed by the state chairman of PDP chief Ken Emeakayi, titled, "ARE YOU HE, WHO IS TO COME OR SHALL WE AWAIT FOR ANOTHER", the PDP accused Obiano of misappropriation of local govts fund amounting to over 100 billion naira in the guise of community projects.
According to the letter, chief Ken Emeakayi, said he will despite the threats to his life over the affairs of the state and plans by Gov Obiano to throw him into jail on trump up charges and false allegations continue to discuss issues of the state as a citizen.
The letter went further to challenge Obiano to account for about;

40 billion naira accrued to the 21 LGAs in 2014.
30 billion naira in 2015 and
25 billion naira in 2016.

PDP Anambra State said, the function of LGAs is to provide infrastructure and services at the communities and wondered why Onitsha which is a single community with two local govts of Onitsha South and North that got about 8 billion naira in the last 3 years will get only a 20 million naira choose your project while the remaining billions is no where to be accounted for.
In conclusion, PDP Anambra State, advised the communities to stop celebrating crap of organising rallies and clapping for "Willie is Working", and rather demand for the refund of their LGA funds belonging to their various local govts that are being misappropriated.
APGA Interactive Forum media news
The document below is the PDP letter to Obiano.

Source - http://www.36governors.com/pdp-anambra-state-dares-obiano/

8 Likes

Politics / Obiano's Wife Showers Pregnant Women With Gifts In Ezinifite - Pictures by 36govs: 2:08pm On Apr 11, 2017
Mrs. Obiano Free Delivery Kits Excites Pregnant Women

By Emeka Ozumba

The Wife of the Governor of Anambra State, Chief (Mrs.)‎ Ebelechukwu Obiano has created excitement amongst pregnant women in Anambra State who turn-up at her on-going tour of communities as most of them go home with a surprise package of free sterilized delivery kit otherwise known as Mama kit and pampers.

The Mama kit packs and pampers were handed out by the wife of Governor to ten expectant mothers at Ezinifite, Nnewi South Local Government Area, one of the five communities she visited on April 10,2017. Other communities where the kits were distributed to pregnant women same day include; Ebenator, Ukpor, Osumenyi, and Akwaihedi.

Speaking while handing out the kits to the lucky expectant mothers, Mrs. Obiano stated that no women should be exposed ‎to unsafe delivery due to lack of basic sterilized equipment in our rural communities. Said she:

"‎ My NGO, Caring Family Enhancement Initiative (CAFE) decided to use the opportunity of this tour to reach out to pregnant women to ensure that they observe necessary antenatal visits and have the Mama kits ready and handy on their Expected Delivery Date. We are grateful to our donors GEANCO Foundation, a US based organization which made it possible for us to get this modern kit to assist us in promoting safe delivery as a means of reducing high maternal mortality rate in our state and country."

Mrs. Obiano told the women that her husband, Governor Obiano treats the welfare of women as priority and does not want to hear that any woman could not deliver safely in any part of the state and that is why he renovated and rehabilitated sixty-three Primary Healthcare centres across Anambra State. As she put it:

“I am supporting the effort of our governor in promoting the health and safe delivery of pregnant mothers by giving them these delivery kits and each pack contains all the tools for safe delivery. I want you to keep the kit inside your packed bag unopened to avoid contamination until it is handed over to the Nurse whenever you enter labour.”

One of the lucky expectant mothers at Ezinifite, Mrs. Chizoba Obiakor thanked the wife of the governor for the gift and for giving women in Anambra a sense of belonging in many positive ways. “I came here because I have heard what she is doing for widows and the less privileged and didn’t know I will be lucky too. I go for antenatal and will keep the kit ready for my delivery. My prayer is that God will reward her and her husband our working Governor. ”

Each Mama Kit pack contains sterile scalpel, OB pad, pair of non- latex gloves and 4x4’’ gauze, Sterile Bulb Syringe, Sterile Umbilical Clamps, Plastic Underpad, Receiving Blanket, Non-Woven Towels, BZK Towelette, Plastic Placenta Bag, Plastic Apron, Twist Ties,Trash Bag, and Apgar Scoring Chart.

Source - http://www.36governors.com/ebelechukwu-obiano-works-in-anambra-state/

Cc; lalasticlala

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (of 12 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.