Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,710 members, 7,805,915 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:26 AM

Depression Is Real! - Dating And Meet-up Zone - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating And Meet-up Zone / Depression Is Real! (481 Views)

Vibing Is Contagious-say No To Depression (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Depression Is Real! by Riyikebaby(f): 1:45pm On Mar 25, 2017
Not all smiles are real.

I used to see people who resorted to suicide as weak and shallow minded creatures. 'Haba! Why would someone want to take his/her own life?' 'Haba! Ki lo le to yen? Life is not that hard nah...' These used to be my line of thoughts anytime I hear or read about any case of suicide.

Recently, I got to learn that it is highly unfair to judge anyone without having an idea of what they are going through. We all have different breaking points. Your own strength might be another's weakness and vice versa. What you can withstand a tonne of, another might not survive a pinch of it. Be nice to people.

For the first time (and hopefully the last) I had suicidal thoughts last month. It was right after my birthday , can you imagine! Lol... Life can be funny Aswear! I was walking on the road that day 'deeply' depressed, it just crossed my mind, like a flash, 'why don't you just jump in front of a moving car, truck, jeep, anything, in as much as it'll knock you out of this sadness'. It was real! Others made sense to me anymore, I felt like switching off my itel S31 and go far away where people can't find and die peacefully

I know you might be thinking it's a lie... I know it's hard to believe, lol. The liberal, unserious, ever jovial Riyike you know... Yeah, but, it is what it is. I had to call a friend to keep tabs on me, I asked her to call me at intervals before I do something stupid. I know y'all be thinking, what could have caused it? Funny enough, it's something most of y'all can wave off, one small something like that, but all in all, the small something crumbled me, I came crashing down (know this tho, your own biggest deal might just be a normal thing I face on a daily. This life can be funny). I wanted to end it all. I was done and exhausted.

Not everybody is fine, people go through stuff. Depression is freaking real! Don't let the smile, riches, comfort fool you. We all have our worries, we all fight our demons.
Treat people well, be nice to them, let them see the beam of hope in and through you. Don't judge people.

Thank God those thoughts didn't flash through my mind while on third mainland bridge, I might not have given it a second thought. Jumping into the lagoon sounds more interesting, fun and easier than jumping in front of a moving vehicle.

Are you feeling like ending it? Don't! there is more to live for. The sun will shine tomorrow.
Re: Depression Is Real! by Cutehector(m): 1:48pm On Mar 25, 2017
cool

Re: Depression Is Real! by youngest85(m): 1:50pm On Mar 25, 2017
Riyikebaby the hermaphrodite
Re: Depression Is Real! by Riyikebaby(f): 2:39pm On Mar 25, 2017
youngest85:
Riyikebaby the hermaphrodite

Are you okay?
Re: Depression Is Real! by Poshkeez: 3:46pm On Mar 25, 2017
Depression is very very real and it's killing great our youths, may God help us
Re: Depression Is Real! by youngest85(m): 5:52pm On Mar 25, 2017
Riyikebaby:

Are you okay?
Yes

(1) (Reply)

Hey Sister! Don't Let Double Standard Ruin You / If U're Living In OSUN STATE... Let's Relate Here / Ladies And Guys From The South East(lets Hook Up Here)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.