Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,327 members, 7,808,102 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:16 AM

__ - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / __ (575 Views)

__ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

__ by alldbest: 11:57am On Mar 27, 2017
__
Re: __ by samm(m): 7:02pm On Mar 27, 2017
alldbest:
Please I am having an issue with exported database dump file from plesk control panel..

I used SQL server and ASP.net for my project, I uploaded everything as usual, but now I need to make some modifications to my database definitions and attributes, after exporting the database to my local machine, I am having difficulties re-attaching the dump file to SQL SERVER management studio on my PC. How do I go about this? Thanks

What errors are you getting? What exactly are you calling the dump file?
Re: __ by alldbest: 7:24pm On Mar 27, 2017
samm:

What errors are you getting? What exactly are you calling the dump file?

No errors actually, SQL server doesn't seem to recognize the exported file as a database backup.... What I'm calling the dump file is the exported copy of the database that is already hosted on plesk.
Re: __ by samm(m): 7:48pm On Mar 27, 2017
alldbest:

No errors actually, SQL server doesn't seem to recognize the exported file as a database backup.... What I'm calling the dump file is the exported copy of the database that is already hosted on plesk.

What is the file extension of the exported file? Also, why can't you connect directly to the hosted database server using management studio?

(1) (Reply)

i / Android Projects / EFCC Nigeria Feature Experience 'LEGIT' Website Developer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.